Perform This Way: The Music Video

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Perform This Way Music Video Speculation

Post by Teh Dingo »

You've encountered the angry moderator. Lose 3 hit points.

:P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Darn, not again.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

the Dingo wrote:Wrong Lady Gaga song

:P
Actually, I'd be willing to bet that this video will not be a direct parody of the "Born This Way" video, but rather a mix of different Gaga videos, much like Pentiums parodied several Puff Daddy (as well as other rap) videos. The subject matter lends itself to mocking a wide variety of Gaga videos.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I agree with that.

And it's gonna be awesome.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I just watched the born this way video again and I comptely forgot how disgusting the beginning part was but I love her dancing. And that would be a good idea to take prices or various lady gaga videos and parody them in one song. And watching the video made me realize that I have not yet listened to ptw enough yet because usually when I hear the original version of a parody all I can think of are the words to the weird al version but I could still stink of the original words.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I just watched the new shorter version of the born this way video today, and didn't see anything disturbing at all.... Al must have some crazy ideas if he's using that word!!

and also, on original versions of songs, whenever I hear one, I always annoy the living crap out of my friends by singing Al's lyrics louder than its being played
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, since we all know now that there is a "shorter version" of BTW floating around I think we all know which version Al will be emulating. I can imagine Al walking out in a bubble dress amidst several bewildered crouching paparazzi. After seeing the video again without the bizarre preamble, I'm a little less worried about how Al will tackle this one (although I hate to picture him in a bikini he should do fine with the rest of the video). He kind of did the same thing for "Fat" basing his version of the video mostly off of what was in the edited version...and I do think the idea of this being a sort of mash-up of several Gaga videos (ala "Pentiums") may benefit this video greatly in the long run. Perhaps he was planning to do something similar with "Couch Potato."

It is a little disappointing that Al will debut the video closer to the release of the album, but I think when he said "simultaneously", he meant that the video will most likely be seen within a week before the rest of the album. The video for W&N was scheduled to "premiere" on AOL on September 18, 2006 (although it was leaked to YouTube the day before) and was played in "large rotation" on VH1 by September 20. The gallery at the mothership says it was filmed on August 16, 2006. The full album was released on September 26, 2006. The video for Craigslist also premiered the day before the single was released on June 16, 2009 (it was supposed to be on AOL, but it ended up being on some other site whose name escapes me at the moment) and he video for "Ringtone" premiered the weekend before the single was released on a very special episode of "SuperNews!"

At the very earliest, I predict that we will see the video for "Perform This Way" by June 14, 2011.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Killingsworth wrote:(although I hate to picture him in a bikini he should do fine with the rest of the video)
Why do you hate to picture him in a bikini? I think he'd look hilarious like that.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

YEAH! Yeah.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

So, I just watched the Lady Gaga concert on HBO and I think Al will look lovely in the yellow plastic dress she wears when she does the song, but he'd look even lovelier in a big white dress she was wearing earlier -- it looked like cut crystal and it moved on its own.