Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Worst Track?

Post by mrmeadows »

(Still) Ringtone for me.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I enjoy every track, but Whatever You Like is my least favorite.
And Peggy
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Whatever You Like has really grown on me since I first heard it. It's not soul-crushingly awful. But it's still the worst song on this ALbum by far.

Best, now that's a harder question.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Best is If That Isn't Love, and is also one of the best songs Al's ever written, period.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I wasn't feeling "If That Isn't Love" at first, but I'm sure it will grow on me eventually. Some of the funny lyrics were ruined by the really stupid ones.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
CharlesNelson
Regular
Awards: All of them

Post by CharlesNelson »

Fully agree with weirdojace about If That Isn't Love being one of the best ever. As for worst... when writing my rankings list, I ended up putting Whatever You Like twelfth out of twelve, because while it's a great song, it's also practically 3 years old now, and I guess I'm just sick of hearing about the economy xD But I still like the song! It's not so much the worst song on the album... just the... least good.

There's a difference. Trust me.
Welcome to the World of Matt Walsh, the biggest forum about Matt Walsh! Enjoy your stay with us!
Noodles
Occasional

Post by Noodles »

If I were to pick a least favorite, it would have to be CNR. The reason is that it's hard to listen to it without compaing it to Chuck Norris jokes, and honestly, there's a lot of Chuck Norris jokes that are better than the ones in the song. It's still a good song, though.
Quab
Die-hard Fan

Post by Quab »

Ringtone.
Whatever You Like isn't the best per say, but at least it has jokes.
"It made my wife so sick, she smashed my Iphone with a brick, but I got it fixed and now it's just fine."
With comedy music, every lyric should either BE a joke, or BUILDING up towards a joke. Ringtone is full of lines (like the one above) that do nothing. They aren't funny, and they don't go anywhere. I LOVE the idea of a Queen style parody, but this song just wasted it. The video does it NO justice as well.
Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to evil sometimes...
Eyeeeeee Satan!
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Ringtone isn't very funny, ie comedic, but it's lots of fun for me. It's upbeat, it gets across its subject well, and it's really catchy.

Also, I've decided that Whatever You Like is funnier than CNR, so CNR takes the worst track on this album.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

There is not one song on this album that I dislike, but Whatever You Like is the least great.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.