Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Re: Potential Worst Track?

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

NH Weird Al Fan wrote: Marko, you do know that you can skip over that topic and mark it as read...don't you?
Huh? But I said nothing about wanting to skip this topic.
TMBJon wrote:But it sort of seems kind of weird to decide what the best track on an album is before hearing all of them, doesn't it? Maybe that's just me...
I dunno. I think it's about as weird as deciding what the worst track is.

That being said, I think "Party in the CIA" is going to at least be the best unheard song on the album.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

TMBJon wrote:If someone wants to go ahead and create a Potential Best Track thread, by all means go ahead. But it sort of seems kind of weird to decide what the best track on an album is before hearing all of them, doesn't it? Maybe that's just me...
Well you could potentially use the same reasoning of pre-assumption on what we assume we would enjoy the most in the same way that we are making the observations of what we think our least favorites will be.

For example, I personally think that off hand from my title observations, I already think my least favorite track of the new tracks coming that I have yet to hear will be If That Isn't Love, just because I've never gotten more than a couple one-time laughs out of Al's love related songs.

With that in mind I already know that I can't stand Whatever You Like so I have little doubt that it will remain my least favorite parody on the album just because I can't imagine anything else being worse than that (I hated the subject matter, I hate the opening line because it just seems so forced to make everyone know what the whole song will be about, and I really don't think Al has the best vocal quality in this song either.)

However, I think my favorite Parody on the album will almost certainly be Party In the CIA just because of how catchy the original was, I really believe I'm going to listen to that one the most.

My least favorite original is probably going to continue to be Ringtone because I absolutely cannot stand that song, I skip over it every time it comes on my player, and it is the kind of song that would have been topical back when SOL came out, but by now, I really never see people incredibly preoccupied with their ringtones anymore, so it just seems like it was way to much of a stretch to be expecting it to last the test of time, let alone be recent when he had it come out. So I have little doubt I will continue to hold onto that idea.

I'm not 100 percent sure on what of the other tracks are certainly going to be originals yet, but if I had to say Another Tattoo was going to be an original, I just think that may be a real good track, just because it has some good potential in my mind already. Either way.
There you have it.

But there is nothing wrong with having this topic, at all.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:
TMBJon wrote:But it sort of seems kind of weird to decide what the best track on an album is before hearing all of them, doesn't it? Maybe that's just me...
I dunno. I think it's about as weird as deciding what the worst track is.
Yeah, that was the... oh, never mind.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Alinite27 wrote:I still don't get it, though. Why can't we enjoy all the songs?
Look, I love Al, but there are many things he does that I dont like. UHF was a terrible movie, in my opinion. When I saw the title I knew what it was about, I said "Hey, thats gonna be a good movie" But when I saw it I was disappointed. Why cant I see "Party in the CIA" and say, "Hey, thats gonna be a terrible song" Its called judging a book by its cover, and it happens with everything. Music, books, people. We live in a society of glass half empty people
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

TMBJon wrote:If someone wants to go ahead and create a Potential Best Track thread, by all means go ahead. But it sort of seems kind of weird to decide what the best track on an album is before hearing all of them, doesn't it? Maybe that's just me...
I loled

And in my opinion, the glass is never half empty or half full. The glass is twice as large as it needs to be. That is all.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

minnick27 wrote:
Alinite27 wrote:I still don't get it, though. Why can't we enjoy all the songs?
Look, I love Al, but there are many things he does that I dont like. UHF was a terrible movie, in my opinion.
Ehh... really? I mean, it's no oscar winner by any means, but it's a nice fun little comedy movie. I laughed. ^_^
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Roger Ebert didn't record a single laugh throughout the entire movie.

That should show you how bad it is. But back on topic. What truly is the worst track?
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:Roger Ebert didn't record a single laugh throughout the entire movie.

That should show you how bad it is.
Not really. If I recall correctly, he gave Tim Burton's Batman, widely considered one of the greatest superhero movies ever made, a thumbs down. :|
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Potential Worst Track?

Post by minnick27 »

weirdojace wrote:
minnick27 wrote: Look, I love Al, but there are many things he does that I dont like. UHF was a terrible movie, in my opinion.
Ehh... really? I mean, it's no oscar winner by any means, but it's a nice fun little comedy movie. I laughed. ^_^
It had a few things I liked. The songs were all good, Wheel of Fish was funny, but overall I was quite bored. I loved it with the commentary track, mostly because I love hearing the story behind things.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

JCM wrote:Roger Ebert didn't record a single laugh throughout the entire movie.

That should show you how bad it is. But back on topic. What truly is the worst track?
Roger Ebert isn't God.