Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Potential Worst Track?

Post by minnick27 »

Alinite27 wrote:Why would we even have a topic like this?
Because this is a forum meant to share our thoughts on Weird Al and his music, and since we speculate on everything it's not terrible to have a topic where we discuss which song, based on title alone, do we not think we will enjoy. At least it's on topic.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: Potential Worst Track?

Post by Alinite27 »

I still don't get it, though. Why can't we enjoy all the songs?
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Because unfortunately, there are people in this world who are different than you and like to converse about stuff and keep open discussion about both the positive and negative facets in the world, while keeping an open mind as to why other people are entitled to their own beliefs without it meaning the end of the world for our own reality. Either way, how is it possibly physically harming you to have such a topic like this open - you don't need to read it, or even participate in the discussion, you can go and enjoy all the songs, like you want to do.
But we want to have some open discussion as to reasons why one song may or may not be as enjoyable as the others. There is nothing at all wrong with not mindlessly loving every single track an album has, by any means.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Well, it's understandable to say WYL could be a potential worst track, since everyone knows the lyrics and music, but we barely even understand the concept of the other unreleased tracks. I've never heard of anyone complaining about a "What's the worst track on the album?" thread, given the referenced album had been released by then. I'm sure he's just wondering why people would want to speculate about the negatives of something we aren't fully aware of, since that typically leaves people more vulnerable to disliking the songs unfairly by the time they actually hear them. Of course reading back, Jon seems to be perfectly content with that being the case, so I suppose this thread is more-or-less okay, given its alleged purpose.

... since I'm posting here, I'll go with "Whatever You Like." The song is fun, but looking at the other titles, they seem like they'd have a lot more funny themes and whatnot.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Alinite27 wrote:I still don't get it, though. Why can't we enjoy all the songs?
Because believe it or not, music is subjective and some people aren't going to like every song on this album.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Further, once the album is actually released, there will inevitably be a "Worst Track" thread posted. Because even if you like every song on an album, there's always going to be a "worst track" (that is, the track you like the least out of the 12).
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The main point of this thread is to express which songs you may have apprehension about due to the title. It will be funny to look back on it in a few months and say "I can't believe I thought 'Another Tattoo' was going to be the worst song!" Everyone is entitled to enjoy the songs, but seeing as we haven't heard some of them yet I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking something along the lines of... 'Hmm, a whole song about email forwards?' or 'Party in the CIA sounds a bit contrived, doesn't it?'
Just another place for idle speculation.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

But what I wanna know is why this topic was made as opposed to a "Potential Best Track?" ttopic. I mean do you have to be so negative? ;)
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:But what I wanna know is why this topic was made as opposed to a "Potential Best Track?" ttopic. I mean do you have to be so negative? ;)

Personally, I think it's kinda silly to be deciding which track is the worst, based only on the title. However, if others want to speculate and discuss, what's the problem? No one's forcing me to read it.

Marko, you do know that you can skip over that topic and mark it as read...don't you?
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

If someone wants to go ahead and create a Potential Best Track thread, by all means go ahead. But it sort of seems kind of weird to decide what the best track on an album is before hearing all of them, doesn't it? Maybe that's just me...
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.