Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: (spoiler) Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me

Post by Bruce the Duck »

minnick27 wrote:Well you can imply the subject matter is either emails or texting, which means it is yet another song based off of internet/technology. And when you have been a fan as long as alot of us on here, you can remember when the food songs got old.
Close, But No Cigar
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

minnick27 wrote:Well you can imply the subject matter is either emails or texting, which means it is yet another song based off of internet/technology. And when you have been a fan as long as alot of us on here, you can remember when the food songs got old.
You obviously meant infer... sorry, I couldn't resist! :P

*EDIT: Dang, Bruce the Duck beat me to it!
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Sounds Virus Alert-esque, maybe a bit different. The internet age has unlimited possibilities. I don't think it will be a good idea to include a song with "Crap" in the title on a family album.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
The thing
Occasional

Post by The thing »

Not like it's a swear word... or even a bad word...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

And as George Carlin so brilliantly put it, there's no such thing as bad words, just bad thoughts and intentions :Y

But some people, including certain people on this forum, are offended by the word crap. And for a long time, it was one of the words you could never say on television (Fart too....seriously)

But people who've listened to Al for years know he's never been exactly family friendly. Family friendly when compared to other artists, especially comedy artists, yeah, but PG at the very least.

And I don't have a problem with anyone who feels they can listen to Al with the entire family because he is "family friendly". Part of the charm of Al is the fact that he can be funny without working blue (In the traditional sense. He certainly gets creative here and there).

I wouldn't want Al to do a song where he's throwing a bunch of F-Bombs, but that family friendly label does annoy me......
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I bet the 12 year olds who buy this album have never heard the word "crap" before...
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Alinite27 wrote:I love how we're now basing opinions of songs directly off of titles...hilarious.

I'm gonna wait and put any opinion of a song out when I actually hear the finished product from the album, or any leaks.
I'm with ya on that one!! Kinda stupid to base what the song will be about, whether its a style parody or regular parody or whether your even gonna like the song at all, based solely on the title of it!!

I personally know I will love every second of it and laugh my ass off, as I do every time an ALbum comes out!!! :peace:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

The thing wrote:Not like it's a swear word... or even a bad word...
Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. There wouldn't be anything unreasonable about it being in the song itself, but when parents and such are reviewing album covers to see whether to buy it, having that word pop up would make them more hesitant.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

I would assume this song is about a guy getting annoyed by constant chain letters or "funny" emails. That's sort of a trivial topic, though. I wonder how Al is going to stretch it into a full-length song, especially if this is the long, "epic ballad" he recorded.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Remember that "Don't Download This Song" was just about not downloading stuff. It was hilarious.
I assume this will be awesome as well.

Maybe in the style of Pink Floyd?