Another Tattoo

Moderator: Moderators

Noodles
Occasional

Re: (spoiler) Another Tattoo

Post by Noodles »

"Nothin' On You" was #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 for May 8th 2010, one the Weird Al's recording dates. Coincidence?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Probably, but I don't know.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Probably. I'd say it's more likely Party In The CIA and Polka Face were the songs recorded that day
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

The "same amount of syllables" argument is no longer as relevant after "Perform This Way" has more syllables than "Born This Way".
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Whatinthe27
Occasional

Post by Whatinthe27 »

Grom wrote:The "same amount of syllables" argument is no longer as relevant after "Perform This Way" has more syllables than "Born This Way".
"....Baby, I was born this way"
"...crazy, I perform this way.

it's the same amount of sylables when sung in the song
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

the Dingo wrote:Probably. I'd say it's more likely Party In The CIA and Polka Face were the songs recorded that day
Hell, for all we know "Party In The CIA" (and even "Polka Face") could've been recorded on January 8th.

BTW, since there has been more and more talk about this song lately, I thought I'd update the list of speculated songs in my initial post.

Also, I was thinking this may be another sort of meta song int eh same vein as PTW or SLN where Al satirizes the artist themselves. Which prominent singers are known for having a lot of tattoos?

I'm already predicting that this will be a parody of the B.O.B./Mars hit.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Whatinthe27 wrote:
Grom wrote:The "same amount of syllables" argument is no longer as relevant after "Perform This Way" has more syllables than "Born This Way".
"....Baby, I was born this way"
"...crazy, I perform this way.

it's the same amount of sylables when sung in the song
Exactly! Thank you, Whatinthe27.

The "same amount of syllables" argument is absolutely relevant, because the lyric should fit comfortably into the space of the original lyrics without feeling forced. It's not about the TITLES matching. It never has been about that. It's about the lyrics.

Another example is "White & Nerdy". Sure that doesn't fit into the title "Ridin'", but it fits into the LYRIC "Ridin' dirty."

Listening to the two songs - "Tattoo" and "Nothin' on You", the words "Another Tattoo" fit so much more comfortably in the Jordin Sparks song. At least to my ear.

Here's another argument for it being "Tattoo." Most of Al's parodies in recent albums to be about pop culture (technology, TV shows, movies). Other topics spring up when they are natural ideas for Al based on the original songs. For example, the idea to make fun of Canadians sprang directly from parodying "American Idiot". The idea for a song about a drive thru window came directly from the idea of parodying "Trapped". A song about tattoos seems like a pretty random topic for him to choose to write about, especially attached to a song ("Nothin' on You") that appears to have nothing in its content that would obviously lend itself to a song about tattoos, the way that "American Idiot" lends itself to "Canadian Idiot". But if the song were based on Jordin Sparks's song, it makes perfect sense to make the song about getting tattoos (or about Fantasy Island).

I may be way off base here, but I'm sticking with Jordin Sparks on this one, until proven otherwise. Anyone want to bet me some Weird Points?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'll bet my tattoos
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Getting a tattoo is obviously a horrible thing to do, and Weird Al would be completely in the right if he decided to riff on Jordin for it.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Again, I think you need to drastically reconsider your adverb usage.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.