Another Tattoo

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: (spoiler) Another Tattoo

Post by mrmeadows »

Marko_The_Odd wrote: While I do find it a bit strange for Al do be doing the rapping and singing of parts originally done by seperate people, it has happened before with "Amish Paradise".
I actually think it's funny when he does this. That's why I would prefer he not have someone else sing the B.o.B or Mars part.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

And really the whole gimmick of having a "featured" singer on a track has been done to death in the last couple of years. "Is that B.o.B. singing or Paramore or Eminem??" It would be a little hokey if Al stooped to that, especially when he does so well harmonizing with himself. There's a huge difference between having a cool musician contribute to the instrumentation and having another pop or rap star take over half of the lyrics.

Of course, the funniest thing Al could do, if this is in fact a "Nothin' on You" parody, would be to bill it on the back as...

Another Tattoo (featuring "Weird Al" Yankovic)
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:Why wouldn't it? Snoop has sung on some of his songs in the past. I think it's unlikely, but I think it's more likely than Snoop doing the rapping. While I do find it a bit strange for Al do be doing the rapping and singing of parts originally done by seperate people, it has happened before with "Amish Paradise".
He also did it with "White and Nerdy." He performed all of Krayzie Bone's parts.

I would love to see it billed as "Another Tattoo (feat. "Weird Al" Yankovic)." That would be priceless!
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

I'm sorry, but I totally want this to be a parody of Forget You
Silence will fall.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

mrmeadows wrote: I initially like this thought....but then I don't like it. I really don't want half the song (the bulk of it, really) to be made up of Snoop's vocals. Al can rap--and this one is a much easier rap than say, "Ridin'"--why would he need Snoop? Naw...I ain't down wit dat.

Unless it was flipped and Snoop did the Bruno Mars part. Wouldn't make sense, but I could live with that since it's just the refrain.
Oh, I didn't realize the rapping was the bulk of the song. I'm not too familiar with the original, and was basing my speculation on the iTunes sample. But i still think it's a possibility, maybe if Snoop just does one verse, and some of the backing vocals.

Greg, you said that featured artists have been done to death, and you're right, but isn't that all the more reason for Al to incorporate that?

Another reason I like this possibilty is that Al seemed extremely eager to follow up and actually work with Snoop during that Twitter exchange. It would be great publicity for the album too.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

Another Tattoo (Featuring "Weird Al" Yankovic) is the perfect title.

I too wish it to be a Forget You parody, alas, I doubt it shall come to pass.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

According To You has the best flow with this title, so that's my choice.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Not that this matters much as B.o.B. has proven himself to be not a one hit wonder in the making, but he is an Atlantic Records artist )He's also on a side label, so irs different management anyway)

Al may be a little gunshy with those guys :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

the Dingo wrote: gunshy
Yeah, THAT Word!!! :lol:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

joseyklein wrote:Yeah, THAT Word!!! :lol:
I don't understand the humor here.