(spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: (spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Post by Teh Dingo »

Demented Dustin wrote:I am wondering back when Al and the band had that soundcheck at the beginning of the 2010 summer tour and someone thought they heard a Miley Cyrus song were they really playing that or was it really a misheard song.
I'd say it's almost undoubtedly one of the 5/28 songs (Assuming Polkaface was the other). So I'd say it's more than a good possibility they just decided to run through it to see how it sounded live. Either way, I brought the old topic in the spoiler forum just so we don't get a duplicate
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

This album's parodies seem to have a good portion of female artists this time around. I'm feeling a little skeptical about "Part in the CIA" and "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me," but I haven't heard either, and Al's surprised me many times before. Really looking forward to hearing "If That Isn't Love."

It's pretty awesome how basically every track on the album has a video. I mean, this is even more than SOL did!
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Al broke up the format on SOL with two parodies in a row. Maybe Another Tatoo is the original and If That Isn't Love is the parody.

Another Tattoo certainly sounds more like a parody, but certainly a possibility
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

OneWAY wrote:It's pretty awesome how basically every track on the album has a video. I mean, this is even more than SOL did!
I'm seriously starting to doubt that WYL will have a video unless it's just an extended cut of what we saw on the big screen in concert. Maybe some of those are just the "stems" Al was talking about.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

What stems was Al talking about?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:What stems was Al talking about?
I think he bought this up in the Twitter/Ustream chat from when the Craigslist single was released. He said something about his record label releasing stems for all the songs so that fans could make their own remixes.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Until I'm proven wrong, I'm going to predict/assume the following:

- "TMZ" is a parody of "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry, and was one of the parodies recorded in October (this would explain why Katy Perry is parodied AND polka'd on the same album - just like with Gaga, the polka was already recorded and this idea was too good to pass up).
- "Party In The CIA" is a parody of "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus, and was recorded in May alongside "Polka Face!" Based on Al's Twitter history, I'm guessing it's also the song on which Tom Kenny does a guest vocal (probably as a CIA operative or a tortured prisoner or something)
- "Another Tattoo" is a parody of "Nothin' On You" by B.O.B. featuring Bruno Mars, and was the other parody recorded in October.
- "If That Isn't Love" is one of the originals recorded in January 2010, and is the song on which Taylor Hanson plays guest keyboards.
- "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me" is the other original recorded in January 2010, and is another epic along the lines of Albuquerque or Genius In France. And even though this rumor turned out to be fundamentally baseless, my fingers are STILL CROSSED that it's an epic Beatles pastiche every bit as technically complex as GIF or Pancreas. But if not, I'm sure it will still be incredibly awesome.

Incidentally, HA-HAW!!! I WAS RIGHT ABOUT "CNR" BEING TRACK 2 AND "CRAIGSLIST" BEING TRACK 6!!!

Okay, I've had my moment. Back to my hole in the ground...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

(spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Post by minnick27 »

Demented Dustin wrote:I am wondering back when Al and the band had that soundcheck at the beginning of the 2010 summer tour and someone thought they heard a Miley Cyrus song were they really playing that or was it really a misheard song.
In speaking with a band member about this song, he was asked about this song and said he didn't know what they heard, but it was not. Miley Cyrus parody.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Oh my God! This tracklist looks awesome! So happy that we found this all out today. Best birthday present ever!
And Peggy
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I have a feeling that once again Fred has things the most correct. Either way, now I am totally excited, pre-ordered the thing, and it can't get here soon enough!
Is my dude a dweeb?