(spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Re: (spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Train does have a song from that same album called "If It's Love"... still don't think its a parody though.
That's an interesting point. Hmmm.
Last edited by Yankovic Farley on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

"If It's Love" was released in June 2010, but it would seem strange to me for Al to go after that song when "Hey Soul Sister" is far the more humorous single.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Spoiler Alert: It's not a parody of a totally obscure Train song. It's an original love song.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

My roommate is pretty convinced that "Another Tatoo" is a possibly a parody of a certain song by Cee-Lo Green, but since Al ruled it out himself I sincerely doubt it. If he did indeed do just that, I would be a little bit pissed that Al would deceive us like that again, but since the concept for PTW apparently just "popped into his head" suddenly, I think I could understand.

At first, I thought that "TMZ" was recorded on October 25, 2010 which would increase the likelihood of it being a "Teenage Dream" parody. After cross checking the original "TMZ" thread in this spoiler forum, there could be a case against this. Apparently the Plympton interview was posted on October 6, 2010. For all we know, "TMZ" could have been recorded in May or January of last year. I'm sure Al likes to get animators lined up for these videos in advance. However, we still have no idea if Bill had even started work on that video at the time. He could have just asked Katy Perry for permission and Bill to do the video at roughly the same time. As I said previously, I'm still holding out some hope for a TD parody, but I can see why it wouldn't happen (especially with Katy in the polka).

My other roommate made the obligatory suggestion of TMZ being a TNT parody. I told him how little sense that would make.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

Way_Moby wrote:"If It's Love" was released in June 2010, but it would seem strange to me for Al to go after that song when "Hey Soul Sister" is far the more humorous single.
Maybe it's a Train style parody.

*EDIT: Jon, I didn't see your last post before I posted my comment. How do you know it's an original?
Last edited by NH Weird Al Fan on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
music89
Occasional

Post by music89 »

TMBJon wrote:Spoiler Alert: It's not a parody of a totally obscure Train song. It's an original love song.
its not a totally obscure song, it was the second single off the album, and the video got a lot of play on VH1s Top 20 countdown, and actually quite a bit of radio play, as I said before though, still don't think its a parody. Anyway, just pre-ordered the CD/DVD from Al's website :)
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Can you style parody a band that has no definable style whatsoever? :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

I am wondering back when Al and the band had that soundcheck at the beginning of the 2010 summer tour and someone thought they heard a Miley Cyrus song were they really playing that or was it really a misheard song.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Killingsworth wrote:My other roommate made the obligatory suggestion of TMZ being a TNT parody. I told him how little sense that would make.
This very well could be the cast, however. Otherwise, there'd be NO rock parodies on the album! *Gasp*
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

the Dingo wrote:
Can you style parody a band that has no definable style whatsoever? :lol:
Good point. :P
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon