(spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Moderator: Moderators

PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Re: (spoiler) ALPOCALYPSE FULL TRACKLIST!!!!

Post by PlayAWarGame »

Eh, I disagreed with most of their criticisms. Particularly of Skipper Dan, I think that that song is brilliant because it's depressing.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Skipper Dan is going to be a song that's not going to sit well with a lot of casual listeners and critics because it isn't funny. It's an awesome song, and it shows off Al's songwriting ability, possibly enough to say, "yeah Al could write serious songs if he wanted to." But Weird Al isn't "supposed" to write songs like that. It's a slight change in direction (actually, a lot of this album is, as a lot of the songs are more clever funny than laugh out loud funny) and I see it as a good thing.

A lot of people won't, though.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I think Skipper Dan is funny, it's just that there's only one joke. So many of Al's songs are essentially a running list of jokes (or often just references) about a particular topic. You don't have time to appreciate each joke because as soon as one's been sung, the next one comes immediately afterwards. I like the Skipper Dan and Craigslist approach a lot. It let's you really appreciate the humor. Though, ITIL is still my favorite on this album so far.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I still really like "Craigslist" for some weird reason...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

One for the archives....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?