Perform This Way

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Perform This Way

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Kristine wrote:In an effort to learn Gaga's dance in the video, I'm overlaying Al's song (for our next WOWAY Fan Video... come join us!) to practice lip-syncing at the same time. You know what I discovered? Al's version is actually slightly faster than the original. Huh. No wonder it sounds a little extra "peppy". Haha.
I think you'll find that most, if not all of Al's parodies are slightly faster than the original counterparts. I have a playlist of every single parody with the corresponding original before each, and it's very obvious when you listen back to back that Al's is almost always faster. Personally, I've never liked that he does that or that he cuts out choruses, instrumentals, and in some cases even whole verses.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I like it, Al's versions are always better than the original.. it even seems that he touches up subtle mistakes that the original artist made on their version as well.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I just saw a gorgeous acoustic version of Born This Way on HBO promoting Gagas MSG concert--I'd love to see Al do a version of PTW with the same treatment. Kinda like the Truth or Dare version of LAS.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

weird_el wrote:I just saw a gorgeous acoustic version of Born This Way on HBO promoting Gagas MSG concert--I'd love to see Al do a version of PTW with the same treatment. Kinda like the Truth or Dare version of LAS.
Or "Eat It...Unplugged". :P
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I'm willing to bet Jon will be trying out. In fact I don't think it's even a question. :lol:
In hiding since 2010
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, I think we all know which specific lyrics this call for unpaid extras really applies to.

Al has stated before that he shortens or tightens up his parodies because his rule is "if you can't make it funny, get rid of it."
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Which means, he's gonna be extra vigilant with this one, cause he's knows he's gotta make pretty much the funniest video of his career.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Well the one thing I'm worried about is that he already set the bar incredibly high by posting the blog and saying that the video WAS going to be amazing, so, now, we'll be expecting something even better than amazing. lol...
But I'm real optimistic, I think he has so much potential to show a good epic story in the video like Gaga tends to do, which would probably go real well.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Killingsworth wrote:Al has stated before that he shortens or tightens up his parodies because his rule is "if you can't make it funny, get rid of it."
That's a rule every artist ever should abide by. The world would be a better place.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

If you dont all love this video... or at least say you love it.. there will be NO COOKIES.. got that? ;)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015