TMZ

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Plympton collabo

Post by TMBJon »

He never said it was epic. He just said one of the two originals for the album we haven't heard yet involves more production than any song he's done yet, and then later said he just finished recording what will probably be the last song on the album.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

another long song you think?
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

joseyklein wrote:another long song you think?
god, I hope this subject matter doesn't warrant that...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

There's no way TMZ could be a long song, even the TMZ people have trouble stretching their show longer than 4 minutes.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

This sounds like a great idea. Al, like all reasonable people, has spoken critically in the past about the ever-worsening "culture" of creepily adulating, stalking, vilifying and reverse-adulating again of celebrities, epitomized by the respectable journalists at TMZ. There's literally nothing good to say about those people. Calling it junk culture is an insult to junk.

I could see this as an original or parody, but I'm putting in one more guess/vote for it being a parody of Teenage Dream, perhaps Katy Perry's least colon-irritating song. A song just good enough that Al could make it great with different lyrics. Sure, Katy Perry music and Bill Plympton animation don't immediately seem good together, but it still could very well work.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

FredHuggins wrote:I could see this as an original or parody, but I'm putting in one more guess/vote for it being a parody of Teenage Dream, perhaps Katy Perry's least colon-irritating song. A song just good enough that Al could make it great with different lyrics. Sure, Katy Perry music and Bill Plympton animation don't immediately seem good together, but it still could very well work.
The cool, sort of "meta" thing about this (assuming it turns out to be the case) is that Katy Perry is often a target of the leeches at TMZ.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I'll agree with you Frank.. seems like the perfect idea
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

So tonight was the night that Bill came to my college, and I asked him about the music video afterwards. He said he really couldn't say anything, and that he even "got in trouble" for mentioning it in the interview that sparked this topic.

He still gave an amazing presentation, though, and I'm really glad I went.
And Peggy
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

that sucks he didn't say anything, cool you got to meet him though!! As we are ever so close (one song away) to the new album, Im sure whatever it is will be his best work to date :good:
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Just found this thread, cooooool.

YOU. MAKE. ME
FEEL LIKE I'M LIVIN ON T. M. Z.

I will stop
Last edited by amzo39 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect