Off The Deep End

Re: TMZ

Post by minnick27 »

Its all you need
Jettkoral
Occasional

Post by Jettkoral »

Well I thought of going in the restroom to puke, but my thoughts have been diminished. :D
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

weirdojace wrote:Ren and Stimpy was crap that people only saw as revolutionary because it was the first cartoon to get away with excessive gross-out humor on a kids' network. And John K's taste in all other animation is terrible and he believes that if your show isn't filled with gross out gags, it sucks. Although I want to believe that he only rips on other animated movies and TV shows that are pretty much universally loved by everybody else just to get a rise out of people. Or maybe he's just bitter that his career didn't go anywhere else after Ren and Stimpy.

Seriously, the man who created Ren & Stimpy called The Iron Giant a bad movie.
I don't think of Ren and Stimpy as revolutionary. I don't think John K is a great animator by any means.

But I am a fan of Ren and Stimpy. Not the "Adult Party" one, but the original. Stupidly fun. Plus it had Gilbert Gottfried AND Frank Zappa on it.

But otherwise, yeah, I see what you're saying. The DVD commentaries he had were hilarious. Everything was Nickelodeon's fault, not his. Mind you, he was always late with the show and had far too many 'gross out' things on it that Nick wouldn't air. I dunno.
safetydancer

Post by safetydancer »

Ren & Stimpy wasn't about the gross out gags. It actually became a lot more about that after John K was fired :boot:. Ren & Stimpy was about the way it was developed by cartoonists, about the expressive, diverse and cartoony animation. Episodes like Stimpy's Invention and Sven Hoek have some of the best acting and timing in animation ever. In THAT sense it WAS revolutionary, because at that point all animation was dull, lifeless and had boring stories quickly written by a few people to sell toys.

And John K's all time favorite animations are the Looney Tunes. Where's the gross out humor and terribleness in that?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

safetydancer wrote:Ren & Stimpy wasn't about the gross out gags. It actually became a lot more about that after John K was fired :boot:. Ren & Stimpy was about the way it was developed by cartoonists, about the expressive, diverse and cartoony animation. Episodes like Stimpy's Invention and Sven Hoek have some of the best acting and timing in animation ever. In THAT sense it WAS revolutionary, because at that point all animation was dull, lifeless and had boring stories quickly written by a few people to sell toys.

And John K's all time favorite animations are the Looney Tunes. Where's the gross out humor and terribleness in that?
OK, maybe. But let's face it. The shows was infamous for it's gross out humor.
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

First thing I said after watching the videoclip: "I`ve seen enough butt for a year now."
Next thing I did: Clicked "replay" and went to another page so I wouldn`t see the vid but hear the song anyway.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

A week later, I'm starting to think TMZ is the best parody on the album. Sometime this week I will have thoughts on the entire album, but this is the track I keep going back to.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I keep going back to this one, too. I think this might be my fave parody on the album as well. I would just love a live action vid for this one.
Is my dude a dweeb?