Album 13 Release Prediction

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Album 13 Release Prediction

Post by anthontherun »

It hasn't been discontinued; it's been made a budget release.
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

Tons of Bands are releasing (Or remastering/rereleasing) their entire back catalog's on vinyl. Some bands never stopped pressing theirs on the big black plastic discs. Personally I haven't bought a CD in over a year or two. However I've bought dozens of vinyl albums (newly pressed ones not used) this past year. Flight of the Conchords and Tenacious D released both of their last 2 albums on vinyl, so Comedy Music Acts are doing it too!

Vinyl sales doubled from 2007 to 2008. In 2009 They rose about 33% from 2008.

I think chances are high we will see this album on vinyl, and I hope it leads to some rereleases.

And to respond to the torrent comment:
I love torrents and obtain music for my computer's itunes library quite frequently (by questionable means).

However I agree with Amerah, Gilmore, and Stinky Cheese. I love actually owning a disc, and forking over my cash to support an artist and an industry.
Reread the reasons I buy the disc:
*To own a physical product
*to support an industry

I do not buy the disc to obtain the music. If I'm spending my money, I have already heard the music on the product I'm buying so i know I want to buy it. It's already in my itunes library and I didn't pay to get it there.
Vinyl is a much better physical product compared to a CD (wow factor, big bold cover artwork, looks nice on the shelf, collectible). Buying vinyl also forces you to shop at indie stores that stock it over big chains like Wal-mart or Best Buy, thus supporting the industry. Support vinyl people!

However some artists don't press vinyl, In these cases I'll buy the CD (I'm looking at you Al!) But I sure wish they offered the option! Come record labels, make it happen!

-hops off soapbox-
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

^ Agree with all of the above.

I really hope we see a vinyl release of this album. Though I think it's pretty likely since most major releases are now getting them. Plus remember, Al's label DID make a vinyl single of White & Nerdy.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

Weird Vin-Al!
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I like CDs, too. The album art and such is better on CD. With downloads, the album art and such depends on the quality of your printer which kind of sucks. I also like having the backup of a physical CD.
Is my dude a dweeb?