Party In The CIA

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Re: New Parody 2010

Post by Mystik Tomato »

FredHuggins wrote:Well, in this song's first verse Miley rhynes "crazy" with "famous." Worst rhyne I have ever heard in my miserable life, bar smurfing none.
Yeah, that's right up there with "Gamma rays/Unglamorous" :blink:
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I didn't find it the slightest bit catchy or enjoyable, just annoying and grating and unpleasant and smurfin' dumb.
As someone who has heard this song on overkill for almost a year, I've heard it dozens of times and I can tell you it does grow on you a lot the more you hear it. Sometimes I listen to songs like these and wonder if I really like Party In The USA in a purely ironic way, or whether I actually do admire the craftsmanship of the track. Obviously it does not reflect in any way on Miley, but I mean from a songwriting perspective this track is really brilliant. As you said though, just my opinion.
And this is the first time (to my knowledge) that Al has parodied two generations of the same family, after "Achy Breaky Song."
This was also one of the first things I thought, and I'm sure that fact has not been lost on Al. I bet he will mention it in future interviews regarding the song.
Well, in this song's first verse Miley rhynes "crazy" with "famous." Worst rhyne I have ever heard in my miserable life, bar smurfing none.
I'm guessing from this assessment you haven't listened to much Kanye.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Kanye gets a free pass for rhyming "gold digger" with "broke broke."

He hasn't recorded anything Al hasn't polka'd, has he?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Kanye can't help his rhyming abilities. Gay fish have no sense of that stuff.
And Peggy
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Ok, I honestly had never heard Party in the USA in its entirety before today. I went and heard the song/watched the video. That's 3:21 I won't get back. I'm with Fred-blech. However, I do like her newest song "Can't be Tamed." It's much better-video is interesting, too. The girl isn't untalented. It's just for me, I am not into the generic pop stuff usually.

I actually hope this is NOT true. Of course WYL the original is fairly weak IMO and Al did a good job with that, so...
Is my dude a dweeb?
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

However, I do like her newest song "Can't be Tamed." It's much better-video is interesting, too. The girl isn't untalented.
Great merciful crap, you're right. "Can't Be Tamed" is actually pretty listenable, even though it sounds like she's trying too damn hard to be Lady Gaga. A "Can't Be Tamed" parody would've excited me a lot more.

But like I said, it matters not. I've always believed that Al could make the worst song in the universe bearable. And now, that theory shall be put to the test.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Yeah, given it's high chart status I guess I could see Al doing a parody of "Party In The USA" (although I kinda hope not, seeing how it has been described) in a slightly lower register ala "A Complicated Song"...I could also see it as (again like ACS) a song that Al just seemed to have about two dozen or so ideas for and had to narrow it down to the two or three most workable ones...like father like daughter, I guess in a mere number of hours I'll find out if I was all but correct in assuming a Miley parody was inevitable regardless of how certain board members feel about artists associated with the Disney corporation...In all seriousness, I hope this is a joke but I think (if it turns out to be true)it's all but certain that this will be a supporting parody on the new album and most definitely not "lead single material" (that is if it ends up in the album at all and isn't just a throwaway parody that Disney most likely denied him permission for)

also, maybe it's just me, but for some reason I (being completely sick of the Miss Cyrus and her antics by this point) actually perfer "Party In The USA" to "Can't Be Tamed" simply because I found the latter tune FAR too pretentious...too gaudy...too heavily auto tuned and overall too Gaga-esque for my liking...I don't hate either of these ladies (but I will admit Gaga seems to be the better vocalist by default) and "Party" isn't exactly my jam either...I'm just saying I can somehow tolerate their songs if they are indeed played at a public setting of some sort...and if I heard it confirmed somewhere that Al was indeed parodying one of their tunes, I would at least have to see a concert performance clip first to decide how I feel about it, but I have faith that Al will make something more out of it as Fred mentioned...unless Disney did in fact deny his permission to parody this song, I can't see it being performed in full length in the ENCORE spot...I'm sure it will be in the medley...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

weirdojace wrote:It's okay, barely anyone on this forum ever knows the original songs.

You'd think Weird Al fans would keep up with pop culture considering his whole act is based around it...
Generally I do keep a good ear out. I just managed to avoid the whole "Miley" thing and the whole "Disney" thing. Not my cup of tea. Disney artists come and go. I'll give Miley credit, she's managed to stay for some time, apparently, but there's no telling how much longer she will be staying.

Lindsay Lohan at one time was a "Disney" kid, and look what happened there. ^_^
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

You sure he didnt just change the music to Party at the Leper Colony? Listening to it, I like the beginning, its something I can see Jim playing it. Personally, I think he should have parodied this Miley song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQVynua5 ... re=related
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

*Exits lurking mode*

I agree that "Party in the USA" is a terrible song (doesn't it pretty much go without saying that anything Miley Cyrus sings is terrible?), but I think Al will do a great job with it. It's one of those songs that's just itching for a parody. As for the song potentially being about beer, it seems fairly obvious that this song will have something to do with a party, and beer will be mentioned in that context. I definitely don't think it will be the main subject of the song.