Party In The CIA

Moderator: Moderators

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: New Parody 2010

Post by QuantumError »

Just thought I'd pop in and say, about Disney not "approving" of a Beer based parody, for all we know this could just be a full parody that is concert only, which in the case, Disney's approval wouldn't matter...
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah, Miley didn't write it. She doesn't listen to Jay-Z or Britney Spears either. There's some interview where she says she doesn't even like the song that much...
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I keep up with virtually every other aspect of pop culture apart from modern music. Movies, TV, video games, current events, fine. I know the names of popular artists (eg. Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber), but 90% of modern pop music just shits me to tears.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

quantumerror wrote:Just thought I'd pop in and say, about Disney not "approving" of a Beer based parody, for all we know this could just be a full parody that is concert only, which in the case, Disney's approval wouldn't matter...
I hope that's not the case!
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

oddaustin wrote:probably had to keep cleaning their mass of drool off the page,
Drool? Doubt it. :sly:

As for the song... It sounds like it could work. Maybe.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Ah, good. It'll be nice to hear that catchy melody with the addition of some lyrics that weren't written in 2 minutes.
The guy who wrote Party In The USA's Wikipedia:
Lukasz Gottwald (born September 26, 1973), better known as Dr. Luke, is an American songwriter, record producer, and remixer. He has co-written and co-produced hits such as "Since U Been Gone", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Who Knew", "U + Ur Hand", "Girlfriend", "About You Now", "I Kissed a Girl", "Hot N Cold", "Circus", "Right Round", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Tik Tok" and "California Gurls".
:think:
It's okay, barely anyone on this forum ever knows the original songs.

You'd think Weird Al fans would keep up with pop culture considering his whole act is based around it...
Yeah ever since Amish Paradise came out I made a conscious effort to pay closer attention to pop music for just this purpose. I even bought Party In The USA on iTunes a while ago because it was just so catchy. Grom is right that most pop music is smurf, but I still try to keep up. I guess this is partially to see if Al ever parodies it. Looks like in this case it paid off. 8)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

TMBJon wrote:
"Since U Been Gone", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Who Knew", "U + Ur Hand", "Girlfriend", "About You Now", "I Kissed a Girl", "Hot N Cold", "Circus", "Right Round", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Tik Tok" and "California Gurls".
So, he's created some of the most irritating songs of all time, then.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Well obviously taste is subjective, but one thing that IS measurable is dollars.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Irritable = Profitable in this day and age.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Yeah, yeah, I'm reading and replying to this thread after that big "Spoiler" fuss I made. Well, sue me, I'm weak. I made that fuss more on principle anyway.

SO, just listened to the original for the first time...not that this really matters, but ye GOD what a wretched song. I didn't find it the slightest bit catchy or enjoyable, just annoying and grating and unpleasant and smurfin' dumb. And I WANTED to like it, because I know I'll have to live with the melody for a while. I honestly would have preferred a Train parody, it's that bad. Just my opinion, not trying to make it yours.

But again, it doesn't matter. Al has worked miracles with worse material in the past. Like, for example...

Um...

Damn, I have to go all the way back to "I Think I'm A Clone Now" to find an Al parody of a less enjoyable song.

But again, that's okay. With parodies, LYRICS are what's important. And this concept has potential; few things in life are inherently funnier than drunken idiots happily committing wanton destruction. And this is the first time (to my knowledge) that Al has parodied two generations of the same family, after "Achy Breaky Song." Will this be played as a full song, or just one verse in the medley?

Listening to the original again to see if it might grow on me...nope, nothin' doin'. BTW, remember in Tom Lehrer's "The Folk Song Army" when he invented the concept of a "rhyne" - something that almost sounds like a rhyme, but isn't exactly (I.E. rhyming "line" with "rhyme")? Well, in this song's first verse Miley rhynes "crazy" with "famous." Worst rhyne I have ever heard in my miserable life, bar smurfing none.
Lukasz Gottwald (born September 26, 1973), better known as Dr. Luke, is an American songwriter, record producer, and remixer. He has co-written and co-produced hits such as "Since U Been Gone", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Who Knew", "U + Ur Hand", "Girlfriend", "About You Now", "I Kissed a Girl", "Hot N Cold", "Circus", "Right Round", "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Tik Tok" and "California Gurls".
Someone call Victoria Jackson, I think we just found Satan.
Last edited by FredHuggins on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.