The Big Alpocalypse Topic

Moderator: Moderators

JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I just hope there's a polka medley or I will rebel.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Theguyoverthere
Occasional

Post by Theguyoverthere »

I hope that he chooses good songs to parody, rather than choosing whatever one is currently at the top of the charts...
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Theguyoverthere @ October 16, 2009 12:38 pm wrote: I hope that he chooses good songs to parody, rather than choosing whatever one is currently at the top of the charts...
If he didn't follow the songs that were chart toppers, then I don't think his career would have even a mere shadow of a chance of doing well in the industry..

At least he usually includes at least one song that isn't necessarily a chart topper...
Theguyoverthere
Occasional

Post by Theguyoverthere »

Well, I mean he should do songs that are great songs, and were at the top of the charts and some point that everyone knows about. Not necessarily doing brand spankin' new songs all the time. Something that came out a year ago would be fine, if it's well known enough. For example, a parody of Katy Perry or Lady gaga or Brittany Spears would work. Even though they're not at the top of the charts now, they were and people definitely know their songs.

For Whatever You like, I didn't know it existed becuase I don't follow the new song releases all the time. I find out about songs by what my friends are playing and by what's on the radio. Usually it's songs that have been out for a month or two that everybody knows.

The brand spankin' new strategy isn't a bad one though, and it will probably pay off. Just my opinion. :)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Edition Two of TMBJon Gives Al Unsolicited Advice

It's obvious you're not going to ignore rap, but make sure you're picking worthwhile rappers. Nelly and Chamillionaire may make more parody-able songs, but let's see you hit some of the biggest names as well.
Jay-Z would be the top choice, and I think Run This Town is his strongest song in years. Also gets you a chance to do Kanye West and Rihanna, both of whom are worth spoofing but don't need a full parody devoted to them. Regardless, Jay-Z is the best rapper out there right now and deserves the Weird Al Treatment.
Black Eyed Peas, the only other obvious choice, are not really that good, but immensely popular. I think you can leave them behind after Polkarama.

Another thing I wanted to mention. Al, if you decide to do a classic rock parody on this or another upcoming album, there is one artist whose work you've for the most part ignored - Bruce Springsteen and he's as relevant today as he was 25 years ago. A direct parody of "Born To Run" would no doubt be among your best songs.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

TMBJon @ October 18, 2009 03:52 pm wrote: Another thing I wanted to mention. Al, if you decide to do a classic rock parody on this or another upcoming album, there is one artist whose work you've for the most part ignored - Bruce Springsteen and he's as relevant today as he was 25 years ago. A direct parody of "Born To Run" would no doubt be among your best songs.
QFA. I'd love for Al to do a Bruce Springstein parody.
And Peggy
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

One thing I`m pretty sure of, he will ask to parody another Michael Jackson song. Maybe This is it, or Black or White. Some kind of homage - after all, Michael Jackson agreed that Al does not only one but two parodies off his songs, now that the Pop King`s dead I bet the money-making guys will accept.

For the polka medley, I foresee Pokerface (by Lady Gaga) in it (if it is not a complete parody) or Love Game. Geez these are her two most poplar songs. What I`m surprised also is that for Polkarama, Al used "Let`s Get it Started" although "Pump It" is used almost everywhere (I even recall it as an instrumental version for the trailer of Rayman Raving Rabbids and recently I heard some kind of rearrangement of it on a cartoon), it`s also widely popular. If not, Gorillaz got a part in Polkarama but also deserves a full parody since their popularity is unequaled (dunno if it`s well-said) on Internet.

Sure Al got plenty of choice, now he just gotta decide what to do. (Maybe he`ll ask to parody Do the Bartman for the 20 years of the Simpsons? Maybe they`ll accept now? Who knows? Will I stop finishing my sentences with question marks?)
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I doubt Al will do another Michael Jackson parody. And even in the off chance that he does, it won't be of Black Or White, as he was denied permission to parody that already.
And Peggy
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

If Al tries to parody/polka/style parody whatever is a hit, and the album were coming out in December-ish, than I would say that there was a possibility since "This Is It" is pretty huge.

By the time the album comes out, it's probably going to be a dated idea.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So will "Whatever You Like".