Ranking Internet Leaks

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

weirdojace @ August 23, 2009 01:42 pm wrote: 5. Craigslist - Not funny and utterly boring. It kind of screams "Oh look, see, I can imitate this music style! Isn't this so cool?!" which is great and all, but again, it's lyrically terrible. It's songs like these that make me feel like maybe Al is starting to run out of good ideas.
That's funny because I think this is lyrically the best of the four originals.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Craigslist is funny.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Ignoring your obnoxious attempt at humor through sarcasm, yes I realize that the nonsensical lunacy of CNR is the "point" of the song. And my point is that a string of random nonsense is NOT FUNNY.

Good sir, you have made my offensivity bone hurt.

Random nonsense FOUNDED our fair country, sir, and indeed, our unfair species alongst withst itst. Our tax laws are random nonsense. Our school systems are random nonsense. Our religious texts are random nonsense. Our social norms are random nonsense. Every movie on TV is random nonsense. And more and more, people are turning to random nonsense to solve all their problems.

So when you besmirch the good name of random nonsense, sir, you have not only blown up America, you have literally sent missiles into outer space to destroy the cosmos. AND ON THE COSMOS' BIRTHDAY NO LESS! ALBATROSS GODAMMIT!

All I can say is good duck, Mr. Luck. Good duck surviving reality without a taste for absurdity of the canceled sore madrid dermatologist and a shooby dooby doo wop arrrrgh.

But don't bother listening to me. Go have opinions instead of fun.

I SAID GOOD DUCK!
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

TMBJon @ August 23, 2009 03:48 pm wrote: That's funny because I think this is lyrically the best of the four originals.
Yeah, "do you want my styrofoam peanuts" repeated into ad nauseam is lyrical brilliance...

My main problem with the song is that it just bores me to death. I found nothing in it amusing, not even a smirk.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Yeah, "do you want my styrofoam peanuts" repeated into ad nauseam is lyrical brilliance...

My main problem with the song is that it just bores me to death. I found nothing in it amusing, not even a smirk.

You hate The Doors, don't you?

It's okay, you can admit it. Some of my best friends hate The Doors. But if you don't at least LIKE The Doors, I don't see how you could like "Craigslist."

But that's not the song's fault.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
weirdojace
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdojace »

I don't listen to them at all so I wouldn't really know if I like them or not.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Trust me when I say that Al NAILED the style. If you don't like "Craigslist" you wouldn't like The Doors at all. There's your problem.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdojace »

Oh I know he nailed the style. I've heard enough of The Doors to realize that. The style doesn't have anything to do with why I don't like Craigslist, it's that I just didn't find it to be a good song.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

weirdojace @ August 23, 2009 02:33 pm wrote: Yeah, "do you want my styrofoam peanuts" repeated into ad nauseam is lyrical brilliance...
It is because of the intonations that I like that particular portion of the song. It's extremely suggestive, right down to how he pronounces the word "peanuts." It's sung the way Morrison would sing it.

To me this is the type of song, like Ringtone, Bob, Genius in France, I'll Sue Ya, where the joke is the style parody. The actual lyrics are not why you're supposed to be laughing. That being said, I think Al really nailed the creepiness of Craigslist the site within the lyrics of the song. Especially in the arrogance of the narrator for each of the ads.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
babadavis1
Occasional

Post by babadavis1 »

1. Shipper Dan
2. Craigslist
3. CNR
4. Whatever You Like
5. Ringtone.

As Ringtone is a Queen style parody, maybe Al could've altered his voice a bit more, like he did for Craigslist, to help it come across more. I like it, but it's easily my nuber 5. Skipper Dan also made number 1 with ease. The other 3 could all trade places depending on m mood.