Ranking Internet Leaks

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

re: Chuck Norris facts and embarassing ringtones.

When the source isn't funny, it's not likely any jokes based on it will be funny either. There may be exceptions to this rule, but the last 2 leaks are just plain weak.

I'm glad I like Skipper Dan as much as I do so there is still hope.
This means something. This is important.
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Random or not, CNR made me smile/laugh the most out of all of the Internet Leaks tracks. Still my favorite.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I ranked these in the "Ringtone" thread, but I actually decided to flip 4 and 5 and rank "Ringtone" last.

1). Skipper Dan--The best both musically and lyrically. One of the catchiest originals Al has ever written, and a very cleverly-written song lyrically.

2). Craigslist--A fantastic style parody. Al really nailed The Doors' style. Lyrically, a very funny song.

3). CNR--Musically, another bullseye for Al. Lyrically, the random lyrics were very similar to the Chuck Norris jokes, and definitely good for some chuckles.

4). Whatever You Like--I laughed quite a few times during this song, and I still do when listening to it. It was just a goofy, silly Al parody.

5). Ringtone--Another great song musically. If you listened to this and didn't know the style was Queen's, you probably haven't heard very many Queen songs. Lyrically, just OK. A one-joke song with a joke that really wasn't all that good.

I really think the originals so far have been some of Al's best musically. Lyrically, Skipper Dan and Craiglist rank with the best, CNR ranks middle of the pack, and Ringtone is doomed for the "Genius in France" list.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Yankovic Farley @ August 23, 2009 03:07 pm wrote: Random or not, CNR made me smile/laugh the most out of all of the Internet Leaks tracks. Still my favorite.
Yup Same here

CNR is fantastic, the music is really chunky and raw and (for once) lyrics hilarious.. coupled with a brilliant , BRILLIANT video Spikey, edgy, love it

Craigslist, music again top notch.. Doors theme/Morrison impersonation is funnier than the lyrics, which are still OK though Stunning vocal performance, and the video is visually interesting, (to say the least)

Skipper Dan, music catchy but a bit pedestrian, lyrics rather downbeat, pleasant, inoffensive, nice vocal performance, slightly bland

WYL.. music... well theres not much Al can do about that is there? That's the big drawback here. Lyrics hilarious, slightly edgy, good fun all round, but oh.. no video.. big mistake IMO

Ringtone.. yeah not my thing initially, but growing on me. Musically a spot-on style parody with great guitar work.. Lyrics.. hmm.. not exactly biting, but you barely notice because the video is great and crammed full of visual jokes
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

1. Skipper Dan
2. CNR
3. Craigslist
4. WYL
5. Ringtone
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

1. skipper dan
2. craigslist
3. ringtone
4. CNR
5. whatever you like
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

1. CNR

and the rest can lick my ballz
taste is only something if it is yours.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

weird_el @ August 23, 2009 09:45 am wrote: re: Chuck Norris facts and embarassing ringtones.

When the source isn't funny, it's not likely any jokes based on it will be funny either. There may be exceptions to this rule, but the last 2 leaks are just plain weak.

I'm glad I like Skipper Dan as much as I do so there is still hope.
+1000

And Jon, insulting the person you disagree with does not help to convince anyone that you are right.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce the Duck @ August 23, 2009 08:12 am wrote: And Jon, insulting the person you disagree with does not help to convince anyone that you are right.
Believe me, it's no insult to not have heard of Chuck Norris facts. If anything, I am envious.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

1. Skipper Dan - One of Al's best songs in a LONG time. I also know a lot of theater people so I can kinda relate to it in a way. This song gives me hope that maybe there will be more good stuff on the album.

2. Ringtone - Musically brilliant. Al nailed the Queen sound. And it's catchy. But lyrically, it's pretty weak. It's a one-joke idea that can't really sustain itself. And without the video, it's kind of bland.

3. CNR - Once again, Al got the music perfect, but to put it lightly, CNR is WTF. I get the joke, but I just don't think it's good enough to be a song topic. On the flipside, this is definitely the best of the videos. But I'm not ranking those.

4. Whatever You Like - A weak parody of a weak song that everybody has forgotten about. The idea is executed okay, but it's just not pleasant to listen to. It's kind of a shame the source material for the parodies is so terrible these days.

5. Craigslist - Not funny and utterly boring. It kind of screams "Oh look, see, I can imitate this music style! Isn't this so cool?!" which is great and all, but again, it's lyrically terrible. It's songs like these that make me feel like maybe Al is starting to run out of good ideas.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;