Ringtone

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Ringtone

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:I know you're joking, but they haven't really been humiliating Rubén lately on tour, at least not publicly. From what I gather, that phase of Rubén's career pretty much ended when he insisted on giving up the cone bra.
I dunno, man...I mean, I've seen some YouTube clips of him in the background during PTW wearing the gold lame straitjacket...and it looks like he's not even playing the keyboards at all or hasn't figured out how to do so while wearing an unfastened straitjacket...his sleeves are clearly too long to play anything with that on...needless to say, he looks pretty dumb...and I'd hate to think the only reason they retired LAS was because Ruben got really sick of wearing the cone bra...I could see it if Al thought 40 was too old to be wearing cone bras and writhing around on stage, but I'd obviously like to think Al had the most influence on that decision...oh, and this song has some of the lamest lyrics ever, but the instrumentation is all fine and good (to get back on topic anyway)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Evidence for the fact that Ruben is the reason: there were one or two shows where Jim West wore the cone bra at the tail end of Like A Surgeon's life on stage. Then right after those, the song was totally retired from the setlist forever.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I've always thought it would work nicely played, in its regular form, in the medley right before "Eat It".