CNR

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Reposting this review from the spoiler forum since not everyone reads it:

For me, this song is the weakest of all the Internet Leaks. It's just a bunch of random nonsense, like "Nobody Here But Us Frogs". The music is great, but the lyrics....eh. Rather boring and pointless, in my opinion. This will probably be a lot like "Party at the Leper Colony" or "Callin' In Sick" for me - I'll listen to the instrumental track a lot more than I'll listen to the full song.

However, I do have to say that the video is fantastic! In terms of enhancing the experience of the song, I'd have to say that this video does that better than any of the other Internet Leaks, and even better than all the SOL animated videos.

But yeah, weak song in my opinion.

And now that we have four, I think it's time to begin ranking the Internet Leaks:

1. Craigslist
2. Skipper Dan
3. Whatever You Like
4. CNR

Knowing how Al works, I'm betting that the fifth Internet Leak (and last one of this group) will be the best one so far.

And I don't think that knowing a bunch of stuff about CNR helps that much with appreciating this song. I know who CNR is and I've seen Match Game many times. And actually, I love the song What Would Brian Boitano Do from South Park, which is simimlar to this in content. And I know practically nothing about Brian Boitano. So knowing or not knowing the subject of the song isn't that important in this particular case. I think the difference between the two songs is purely the quality of the jokes. Sorry, but this one just didn't hold up lyrically.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

One word... NO

The only song i have really liked out of internet leaks is skipper dan. I am not likeing the amimated videos at all. I really hope he is going to do a big music video sometime soon.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Wizzerkat @ August 04, 2009 07:39 am wrote: Anyone else find the Jim Croce lyric/reference?
Yes. :D
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

I like it, but it's in the middle . Not great not bad, but good. After watching several CNR videos, all I can say is WOW. Charles was a WEIRDO. It certainly does help enhance the song. And the JibJab video was JUST FREAKIN' AWESOME. It makes the song, like, 10 times better.
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I'm just not that into it.

And I know who CNR was.

Skipper Dan -- still the best.
This means something. This is important.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Finally got to see the video, thanks to Al putting it up on youtube. Hilarious! I loved it, and I love the song! Excellent job on both! Still haven't bought the song yet. itunes was being a butt and wouldn't let me. I'll try again today.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

Oh, yeah, and after seeing this video on the JJ page, some idiot posted that Al's "just an old sad sorry attention whore". REALLY grinds my gears...

albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

Wizzerkat @ August 04, 2009 03:39 am wrote: Anyone else find the Jim Croce lyric/reference?
Yep!
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

Uh...nope! What was that, and uh...who's Jim Croce?

Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

WAYFan @ August 04, 2009 03:07 pm wrote: uh...who's Jim Croce?
WHAT?!

You're kidding, right?! Jim Croce was a musician who was famous for such songs as Time in a Bottle, Operator and Bad, Bad LeRoy Brown. Kids these days! :P

As for CNR?? I found it average at best. Not Al's greatest, but not his worst. ...Who here besides me thinks it sounds more like Black Sabbath's Iron Man than anything else?? I know it's supposed to be a White Stripes style parody, but I seriously think it sounds more like Black Sabbath's Iron Man.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"