[spoiler] Ringtone

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Big Spoon @ August 02, 2009 01:53 am wrote: According to Bermuda today, we have correctly guessed what the artist style parodied in this song will be. He did not say who, though.
...They Might Be Giants again?
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

I gotta say, it does kinda sound like whimsical children's music. Maybe it's a style parody of one of Nina's favorite bands?
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Quab
Die-hard Fan

Post by Quab »

I hear BareNaked Ladies, but I beleive this might just be a style parody of generic childrens music.
Or some other band.
Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to evil sometimes...
Eyeeeeee Satan!
rccola18
Occasional

Post by rccola18 »

Bruce the Duck @ August 02, 2009 12:44 pm wrote: Okay, so the only two artists that have been speculated upon are Daft Punk and They Might Be Giants. He already did a TMBG style parody, so I'd think Daft Punk might be the more likely target. Great! I have no idea who Daft Punk is. <_<
which TMBG song did Al parody?
i should know this!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

"Everything You Know is Wrong" is a TMBG style parody. Its title is lifted from their song "Everything Right is Wrong Again."

And Jeremy, Daft Punk is a techo band that makes repetitive songs about nothing. Their most famous song is "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" which was sampled in Kayne West's "Stronger."
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

I think we can reasonably rule out Daft Punk due to the lack of electronica heard in the sample. They do not use too many instruments but rather kinda like the Pet Shop Boys in the use of mainly keyboards, samples, and vocoders. Daft Punk also had a song called One More Time.
"Everytime I talk about toasters, the subject of bread pops up"-anonymous
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Wait a minute! Jon, on the first page of this topic you said that the song was described to you (by whoever your source is) as a completely original tune that was not a style parody of anything. So probably that's why Bermuda challenged you guys at AlFest to identify who it was a style parody of - because he knew nobody could possibly guess it. Also, when Jon said that the style had already been guessed in this forum, he was probably referring to you saying that it was not a style parody at all.

So it's most likely that your source was correct and this isn't a style parody at all!
rccola18
Occasional

Post by rccola18 »

weirdojace @ August 09, 2009 08:19 pm wrote: "Everything You Know is Wrong" is a TMBG style parody. Its title is lifted from their song "Everything Right is Wrong Again."
Thanks, I never even thought of TMBG here but now it is becoming clear.
I am excited for this new Ringtone song. I hope it will be as catchy as Skipper Dan with some ringtone background music with different styles like Genius in France.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce, it's either that or my source didn't know what it was meant to be. For example, if he had heard Virus Alert I really doubt he would have told me "Oh yeah it's a Sparks style parody."
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, he said that just based on HEARING the track? He didn't actually have it confirmed that it's not a style parody? Okay. But still, it's possible that this is the case, because Bermuda said someone had guessed it.

Hmm..