[spoiler] Ringtone

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Marko_The_Odd @ July 31, 2009 08:47 pm wrote: I think it's gonna be more in line with what Jace and the Doctor have said. Like throughout the song he gets more and more infuriated with you not picking up the phone and throughout the song he makes suggestions of what people might be calling you about.
This is the best guess so far, something Al would definitely do.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

According to Bermuda today, we have correctly guessed what the artist style parodied in this song will be. He did not say who, though.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I don't think he meant within this thread. I think he meant someone in the speculation thread somewhere said "Hey Al should do ___"
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, so the only two artists that have been speculated upon are Daft Punk and They Might Be Giants. He already did a TMBG style parody, so I'd think Daft Punk might be the more likely target. Great! I have no idea who Daft Punk is. <_<
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Big Spoon @ August 01, 2009 11:53 pm wrote: According to Bermuda today, we have correctly guessed what the artist style parodied in this song will be. He did not say who, though.
That's funny...I was just thinking that maybe this one could be one of those style parodies that hasn't been confirmed by Al or the band as one specific band but might be something more obscure if you ask them about it...that's why I think Al might to this one in the style of The Ting Tings...just throwing that out there as a random guess...something we might hear a little of in this one when it comes out...my guess is based on the fact in a recent podcast/mp3 interview, Al was asked something along the lines of what kind of music is he listening to when he's not fishing for parody ideas on the Top 40 stations and Al said theirs was the last album he remembers getting excited about...but I guess it's too late to throw that out there seeing as I'm probably WAY off (no pun intended...)
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

Well guys...We all have ringtones, so come on...let's get real
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

At AL-Fest last weekend, during his presentation Bermuda showed a short, 20-second clip of Al and the band in the studio, listening to a rough instrumental mix of "the fourth original" (he wouldn't say its name, but we know it's "Ringtone"). So we all got to hear 20 seconds of the track, minus vocals.

Bermuda then dared the audience to guess which musical act was being style-parodied. Nobody ventured a guess.

Apparently, somebody captured this clip with what appears to be a camera-phone, and posted it on YouTube. Watch now before it's removed.

Even now that I've had some time to REALLY listen to it, I still can't tell who it's meant to sound like. Honestly, my best guess is Schoolhouse Rock. What do you think?
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

The first thing that popped into my head was The Monkees, although I can't think of any particular song that it resembles.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Bahahaha. I don't know what it is but I LIKE IT.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It sounds incredibly familiar, but I can't figure out what it resembles. I think it sounds more modern than the Monkees though.