[spoiler] Ringtone

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

JNN Exclusive:

A source has revealed to JNN that the fourth and final original song release of the summer has been confirmed to be animated by a team at current.tv. Not much else is known at this time other than it involves partial animation and partial live action (ala JibJab). Apparently there are thematic links to the news show from current.tv involved in the video.

JNN will have more on this developing story as it unfolds.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Is this a joke or are you serious?
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Could this be the case?
ludovica64 @ June 22, 2009 09:28 am wrote: I have another animator that just might be in the frame

10:01 PM May 31st
@super_josh Josh Faure-Brac of SuperNews
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Aha! Again, we were onto him! :D

See this tweet from last May:
@super_josh wrote: Oh, and Thursday I had coffee with one of my heroes: @alyankovic - he's just as awesome as you'd imagine. I am a very slow twitterer.

He did not reply to our tweets at the time, asking him if the meeting was business-related or not :P

In case you live INSIDE A CAVE, current.tv is the team behind The Twouble with Twitters. My most favorite twitter-related video ever :D

Edit: Ah! It took me forever to reply to this topic, and I was beaten to the punch. I worked too hard on finding the links, so I'll leave this here
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

JNN's source has said that he cannot elaborate any further at this time as the contract between Current and Al has not yet been finalized, but it "should be clear within a few days."
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

JNN has learned that the final internet leak will indeed be titled "Ringtone." The song has been described as "an original Weird Al tune" about ringtones. In addition, it has been revealed that this song will premiere as part of a half-hour special episode of Supernews featuring Weird Al.

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Nice! That's a great find there, Jon! See, I guess some of us were right after all...
caseyk27 wrote:
weirdojace wrote: There's always the possibility that "Ringtone" is the one after this...
...and now I'm starting to think that's what's really gonna happen now, Jace...whoever said in another thread on this forum that "he'll probably save his weakest one for August 4th" is most likely eating those words after seeing this...but then again, who knows?

just a lucky guess.... :ph34r: :F

Current is Al Gores' cable channel, right? I definitely get that at home

...waitaminute...i'm not sure if i'll get it in my college dorm, though...my residence hall will only have BASIC cabel hook-up...so, i'm not gonna hold my breath...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Right but it's also an Internet channel afaik.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon @ July 29, 2009 06:22 pm wrote: Right but it's also an Internet channel afaik.
okay then, so if I don't get current in my dorm, I'll just watch it online then...

I only bring this up because I have to move in there on August 20th and classes start on August 24th and we all know the song/video comes out August 25th...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
L285
Die-hard Fan

Post by L285 »

I suspect it will be leaked before then
“Since you left home on your journey, things have changed around here. For example, I don’t have as much laundry.”