Craigslist

Moderator: Moderators

FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME!!! I LOVED IT!

Not quite on the SUBLIME level of Al originals like "Dare To Be Stupid," "Albuquerque" or "Virus Alert," but certainly on the same level of merely-incredibly-awesome songs like "I'll Sue Ya" and "Pancreas."

And Al utterly NAILED the style of his pastiche target. I know I shouldn't be surprised by that, since he ALWAYS utterly nails musical styles, but the extent to which he ensures dead-on perfection in every new sub-sub-sub-genre he attempts, never fails to blow my freakin' mind.

I'll post a more spoiler-y review in the Spoiler forum.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

That's a good song, especially musically. The video was good, but not really funny by itself which was a bit of a departure for Al.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flusher5
Addicted

Post by flusher5 »

Al's Homeboy @ June 15, 2009 05:03 pm wrote: I'm having trouble loading it. I wonder how long it will take for someone to put it up on youtube?
its already there, but im uploading it again with better sound.
Rice in my Laundry, Lice in my Milk.

call me "Ben" not flusher
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

I do so wish that someone would explain what each verse is about, cuz I'm having a hard time getting most of the jokes...
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
Al's Homeboy
Obsessed

Post by Al's Homeboy »

That was great! I liked all the pretty lights! :D
BUTTER!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Somebody should get the news about this song to these guys:
http://thedoors.com/forums/

They don't seem to be hip to it yet. :-)
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

:lol: Oh Al, you've done it again. What a bizarrely entertaining song/video. I love how dead-on Al was with The Doors' style, and the video was just wacky psychedelic fun. I'm glad Al warned us that it was low-budget so I knew somewhat what to expect. I especially loved the bit about the Styrofoam peanuts.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

Awesome :D
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

My only criticism really ....

(yeah I know youre all surprised that I have any) :o

is that I had hoped the whole band would appear, I feel most of the well known images of the Doors include all members; and that it would have had a more "sexed -up 1960s tv studio+ cheesy effects" feel with a bit more dancing and posing about, as The Doors are largely known for their eccentric performances on regular mainstream primetime TV shows

I found Als movements a wee bit static and the production had a big screen arty feel to it.. which, although I enjoyed it a lot, I found slightly earnest and artschooly.

It looked very authentic of the period though which, if it wasnt for the lyrics made it come across as if it were a genuine late 60s piece. Personally I love it.

Al's humour, as I have said before, is not really a big deal with me. I totally feel he can hold his own as a rock musician against anyone, and I dont really look on what Al does as particularly comedic at all, simply unique; so I dont *expect* to be laughing much at anything he does, but with this video I can see people wondering where the punchline comes. Being a perverse sort, I find that funny in its own right

I'm all for Al doing more serious music, he certainly has the talent in abundance, but I can see a lot of people who only know "Eat It" and "Fat" being fairly confused right now (not that I care much about them. I freaking LOVE this and applaud the maturing approach!)
Its a bold and very subtle move. I just hope others can learn to appreciate that Al at nearly 50 years old is a very different sort of artist than he was 25 years ago

So... 9.95/10 for song 8/10 for video. I wanted Steve in there!:)
and last but not least 10/10 for tight leather pants (though woefully underexploited by lack of sufficient gyrating) ;)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

mrmeadows @ June 15, 2009 02:52 pm wrote: Somebody should get the news about this song to these guys:
http://thedoors.com/forums/

They don't seem to be hip to it yet. :-)
Done.