Craigslist

Moderator: Moderators

JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Kevbo1987 @ June 25, 2009 01:25 pm wrote: It certainly doesn't seem like it was a lack of promotion.
This song seemed to get much more "hype/acclaim" than WYL too... That sucks. :(
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Kevbo1987 @ June 25, 2009 03:25 pm wrote: Ah man! I was really hoping this would chart. :( It certainly doesn't seem like it was a lack of promotion, what with Al hitting the radio circuit pretty hard. How disappointing.
I won't say it wasn't promoted, but I don't think this was highly promoted at all.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

AlejandraDD @ June 25, 2009 06:50 pm wrote: I won't say it wasn't promoted, but I don't think this was highly promoted at all.
It wasn't promoted much by Zomba/Jive or iTunes etc., but Al worked his butt off for a week or so there. He always does.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That's what I meant. I should have clarified that it wasn't for a lack of promotion by Al. I know how hard he worked to get it to chart. I don't know how much work his record label did to promote it, though I can guess it wasn't much.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

:( Darn.
Oh snap!
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Eh, I wasn't expecting it to chart anyway. This song is no "White and Nerdy."
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Also, you have to consider that Al is more known for parodies and those are more likely to chart than originals. Either way, love the song and Al certainly did his share to promote it.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

So, I did it. I visited the Coffee Bean (and Tea Leaf) on San Vicente Boulevard and played the pertinent portion of the video for one of the baristas. He seemed sort of bemused by it, he was a young Hispanic guy and I don't think he knew exactly who Al was, but at least he found it interesting to find his exact store location in a song. And no he wasn't snotty and yes I did tip.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I appreciate that you did that, Helen. Nice to know that the barista you encountered was not snotty, and that you tipped him.

:D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Haha! That's awesome, incidentally.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect