[spoiler] Skipper Dan

Moderator: Moderators

Al's Homeboy
Obsessed

Post by Al's Homeboy »

So is the next single still suppose to come out next week? I would've thought we'd have an announcement on the mothership...
BUTTER!
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Maybe he's still being super-secretive of it? So secretive no one will even know it exists?

I don't know. The only place that said July 14th was that article about mixing the songs, wasn't it?
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

AlejandraDD @ July 07, 2009 10:51 am wrote: I don't know. The only place that said July 14th was that article about mixing the songs, wasn't it?
Well, that one AND this one that was posted in the "Important Interviews/Reviews" thread...
Spinner - 'Weird Al' Yankovic Has A Love-Hate Relationship With The Internet @ July 02, 2009 wrote: The next release from 'Internet Leaks' is expected July 14th.

...so yeah, Al himself just pretty much confirmed it...I wouldn't hold my breath for August, though...

he also confirmed this in another interview...
Spinner - 'Weird Al' Yankovic Has A Love-Hate Relationship With The Internet @ July 02, 2009 wrote: "While 'Craigslist' was a live action video, the other three will be animated. I'm very happy with them and I hope the fans respond to them."
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

:ph34r: I believe the new song IS due out on Tuesday :ph34r:
a. because of previous thinger that we all read saying it was due 14th
b. because its a Tuesday and "songs always come out on Tuesdays"
c. because I said so :P
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Oh, I didn't pay much attention to that Spinner article, because it had no new information at the time.

But hey, if Ludo says it's coming out next Tuesday, then it has to be true! :P

Do think there's going to be another sneak peek on the previous Monday, though?
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Al's Homeboy
Obsessed

Post by Al's Homeboy »

If Ludo says so,it works for me! How do you know so much?! Could you be Al himself?!?! :P
BUTTER!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

AlejandraDD @ July 08, 2009 04:38 pm wrote: Oh, I didn't pay much attention to that Spinner article, because it had no new information at the time.

But hey, if Ludo says it's coming out next Tuesday, then it has to be true! :P

Do think there's going to be another sneak peek on the previous Monday, though?
LOL I sincerely hope... err.. not

and.. er if I were Al...

errr.... well umm...

Oh never mind.. Im NOT! (lucky for him)
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

That's absolutely insane. Why would Al release a single and NOT promote it in advance?

Releasing songs digitally is a good business model but Al doesn't really seem to know how to do it.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Maybe he'll put the word out in the next couple of days. That would at least give him some time to promote it, though he really should have started to promote it already. If no one knows the thing is coming out when it is, he's going to lose the buzz and anticipation that leads people to buy songs when they first come out. I know he's into secrecy, but he could at least do what he did for "Craigslist" and announce the title.

ETA: Happy Steve just posted in another thread that Rolling Stone has revealed the title of the song will be "Skipper Dan." Wonder what that's about.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

The title seems kinda weak, but I know it's to early to judge based on it's titled.