Drooling Over Album 13

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

^ Jeremy is able to put that into words a lot better than I always try to.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Monkeytender @ September 27, 2009 08:43 am wrote: I really can't see Al not doing a parody/style parody of Miley and the like. He did eBay for boy bands, Horoscope for ska, and now he has to do something for "Disney Pop".
eBay was NOT A STYLE PARODY, Einstien!

"Boy bands" were popular for a while (and thank god that's over) but the genre didn't age well enough to warrant a STYLE parody...something that poppy only BARELY warrants a DIRECT LYRICAL PARODY AND NOT EVEN THAT...THEY'D BE LUCKY TO ESCAPE THE POLKA MEDLEY WHERE THEY TRULY BELONG!!!!! and that would be the case with the current Miley Jonas debacle...AND THEY DON'T EVEN DESERVE ANY OF IT!!!! Taylor Swift would be EXTREMELY lucky to get an AL-TV interview LET ALONE A POLKA SNIPPET!!!!

That is all...I think I just lost my train of thought...thank you...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

He said "parody/style parody." Calm down.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

caseyk27 @ September 28, 2009 01:20 am wrote: eBay was NOT A STYLE PARODY, Einstien!
You spelled Einstein wrong! :stern:
Monkeytender
Occasional

Post by Monkeytender »

anthontherun @ September 28, 2009 01:02 am wrote: He said "parody/style parody." Calm down.
Thank you.
Warsaw was raw.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Bruce the Duck @ September 27, 2009 12:12 pm wrote:

Not saying that Al doesn't respect the Disney artists, but I'm fairly sure that he doesn't listen to them in his spare time.
Im sure Nina listens to them quite often, so therefore he would hear them too. I have a 4 year old, and I can sing the whole soundtracks to HSM 2 and 3. Course I like the movies too, but thats another story...
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

Perhaps kids grow up a lot faster than I remember, but I highly doubt a 4 year old has any defined taste in music at that age.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

It's not so much a defined taste in music, it's just what they are exposed to. My daughter can sing along to al and Bruce Springsteen as well, but because she watches Disney and Nick, the music featured on those channels are what she knows best, and since she enjoys them she will naturally want to lsten to Miley Cyrus over Al. I'm sure Nina watches the same shows and is exposed to the same music, al is also hearing it and may be influenced by it.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

spmahn @ September 29, 2009 04:45 am wrote: Perhaps kids grow up a lot faster than I remember, but I highly doubt a 4 year old has any defined taste in music at that age.
Eep! I was 4 years old when I wrote to Marc Bolan of T-Rex and asked him to come to tea at my house (yes by myself) (a nice lady wrote back to say he was on tour lol)
I had a very decided taste for rock over pop already by then and its always been Hendrix, Joplin, Zeppelin, Stones over Beatles, Osmonds, Jacksons etc

I wish people wouldn't underestimate little kids. I think people would grow up smarter if adults listened to kids more. You learn to dumb down so the peabrained adults can keep up and I think some stick that way

hmm I guess my curly hair fetish must date from then too LOL
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Several hour difference hamsters! Stupid phone