Perform This Way

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Re: Perform This Way (New song on YouTube)

Post by mrmeadows »

JCM wrote:Also, does the video say it has 330 views for anyone else? I find that weird considering it got over 2000 likes, but it could just be YouTube's cache or something.
Yeah...I get the same number. That can't be right.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Everytime he has an idea for a song that would have a huge video he gets shut down. But it will probably end up like last time with W&N and whatever he thinks of next will be another huge hit.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Sorry about the situation, Al. It has to be devastating to be prepared to complete an album and then have a pretentious artist do something like this. Having said that, I personally prefer your material that is more broad in scope and won't become dated as quickly, but this would have been a big hit nonetheless. The intestines and bees lines really made me smile! Get ready for the mass amounts of good PR!
Last edited by Yankovic Farley on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

You know something though, if stories like this keep popping up, this whole Gaga controversy may not be so bad for business given that Al will have a new album out in a few months anyway:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/2 ... 51589.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Well, whatever. I love the song and hope it goes viral just to give Gaga something to suck on.

I probably could have worded that last phrase better. :lookaround:

and all the posting conflicts ;_;
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I might post my thoughts on the song later, but I did want to mention some personal irony. Today I was going to contact Gaga's management about asking her to do something for the Rock Hall campaign.

Here's also a direct link to donate to the Human Rights Campaign
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Yeah, but those songs weren't necessarily personal attacks about a specific person. I would equate this more to It's Still Billy Joel to Me than the other 2 songs, which were more about poking fun at the original songs themselves than the person singing them.
'Smells Like Nirvana' was a direct personal attack about a specific person, Kurt Cobain.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Ya so this happening is both good and bad. Good becasue of all the publicity this is going to get and bad becasue, well its obvious
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

TMBJon wrote:You know something though, if stories like this keep popping up, this whole Gaga controversy may not be so bad for business given that Al will have a new album out in a few months anyway:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/2 ... 51589.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, it's not really "bad". . .considering we still get the song! (Take that, Gaga!) It's good PR (for Al), and gets people talking and thinking about him leading up to the actual album release. And it still should bring in some $ for HRC.

Cool that HuffPo linked to it. Surprised Drudge doesn't have it yet, considering I remember first hearing about the Al vs. Eminem controversy via his website.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

A great way to vent your frustrations about this situation would be to donate to the Human Rights Campaign, a charity that is near and dear to Al and his family. :)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.