Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by Elvis »

1. I think it's pretty obvious.
2. The biggest change is that I no longer will get to participate in challenges.
3. I think it's pretty obvious.
4. Mystik Tomato, because he has immunity.
5. Good question. I'm going to look for who makes, or doesn't make, as it appears to be the case so far, the bold move that puts them in charge of the game. We're one big tribe now in name only. There's a clear division along old tribe lines, and eventually one tribe will start to have to eat its own. Should be fun to watch.

Dave
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

1. The MCs have no interest in anything BUT getting rid of the former JCGs. Personally, I'd be more concerned about finding out who tried to sabotage the last two votes, since they have way more power than the three of us, but whatever.
2. Win every immunity possible. That's the ONLY strategy.
3. Why would anyone do that? God forbid anything actually interesting happens in this game. :rolleyes:
4. Anyone claiming they don't know who's in control of this game is full of it. And the only reason they're in control is because they picked the right number and ended up on a tribe with all they're friends. Awww......
5. I want to see someone grow a pair and actually play the game, because unless something is going on behind the scenes that hasn't come to light yet, none of the MCs are doing that.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

1. Well obviously the tribes can't stick together for good, as there are only a couple of JCGs remaining. Of course those who've said that eventually the MCs will have to "eat its own" are right, but that has also been the case for every Survivor game played to date, including the ones on TV. It's not like there is another option, whether it happens this round or in later rounds.
2. Hopefully everyone voted out from here forward does not react like Stephen did and realizes this is just a game and we're all only in this to have some fun. Obviously it's nothing personal if you're voted out. After all, all of us but two will be voted out eventually.
3. We'll see what happens as the game progresses.
4. I don't want to name names here, but there are a couple of players who are in better standing than they should be relative to how they've actually performed in the challenges so far. That's a pretty interesting dynamic worth watching as we go forward.
5. In my opinion, this is all about who is secretly working behind the scenes and devising a long-term strategy to win the game. If I was voted out this round, I would be watching carefully to see how everyone performs in each challenge and how the votes go to determine who was really pulling the strings. I do think that once the Final Two is revealed, it will be clear who did all the work to get them there.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Keep those answers coming! :Y

You can begin sending in your votes as well...you may not vote for Mystik. Everyone else is fair game.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:ph34r:
Last edited by Big Spoon on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
And Peggy
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

TMBJon wrote:1. Well obviously the tribes can't stick together for good, as there are only a couple of JCGs remaining. Of course those who've said that eventually the MCs will have to "eat its own" are right, but that has also been the case for every Survivor game played to date, including the ones on TV. It's not like there is another option, whether it happens this round or in later rounds.
There is another option. What I'm saying is this. There are players on the former MCs tribe who are calling the shots. You should know who these people are. If you don't or are unsure, then you're not one of them. Once the former JCGs are gone, the people who are calling the shots will vote you out next. But you don't have to let that happen. The former JCGs are in a position to side with you, The people in the bottom 3 in the pecking order1 should side with 3 former JCGs. That's 3+3 = 6 votes, enough to vote anyone you want out. Now you're calling the shots, and you can pick off whoever you want from then on out. Again, if you don't know or aren't sure if you are in the bottom 3 of the pecking order, you are. And who you chose to vote out, that's entirely your call, all you have to do is tell the former JCGs who to vote for.

1I say the people in the bottom 3 of the pecking order, I really mean any 3. You and 2 buddies, or 3 lone wolves, doesn't matter.
I do think that once the Final Two is revealed, it will be clear who did all the work to get them there.
I don't need to wait to the final 2. I already know who's in charge.

Dave
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Elvis wrote:There is another option.
In the example you just gave, the Minor Celebrities are still "eating their own." It's just happening a few rounds earlier.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

My point exactly. You can make a simple move now and decide who gets eaten when (take control of the game) or do nothing, and get eaten later (jury duty).

Dave
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #8 RESULTS

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)
Spoiler:
AAAmerah
Spoiler:
Elvis
Spoiler:
Elvis
Spoiler:
WeirdMary0427
Spoiler:
WeirdMary0427
Spoiler:
WeirdMary0427
Spoiler:
Elvis
Spoiler:
WeirdMary0427
Spoiler:
Elvis
Spoiler:
That's four votes each for Elvis and Mary, one vote for Amerah. Both remaining votes were for the same person.
The eighth person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX and the first member of our jury...

Spoiler:
Elvis

Elvis, the tribe has spoken. Image

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread. Thank you so much for playing; I hope you had fun.

However, your role in this game is far from over. You are the first official member of the jury that will ultimately decide who will win Weird Al Survivor IX. Feel free to switch to the Jury avatar:

From this point on, the remaining players are NOT allowed to discuss the game with Elvis, publicly or privately. Dave, please let me know if anyone attempts to contact you (and vice versa).

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!

PARTING WORDS
One of the game's biggest threats is gone, but he left the remaining players a lot to think about a few days ago in his plea for immunity. The question is, what's the best way to utilize the remaining former Jungle Cruise Guides? Fans of the show can attest that far too many players have lost the game because they were too hesitant to make a move.

Tree Mail will be posted tomorrow night! In a few minutes, I will be posting something regarding self-votes that I would like to get your feedback on.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

A Quick Note/Proposal About Self-Voting

Two people self-voted this round, and one of them did it for the second time in three rounds. I certainly don't want to meddle with the game and any strategies that might involve these players, but at the same time, I really don't want a Mr. Carl situation--he's the guy who vanished about halfway through season 2 but made it to the final 3 at the expense of active players, because it wasn't worth the effort to vote off somebody who was AWOL. So my hope is that this is just a fluke thing and these players will be back and voting next round and every round after that.

But just in case that doesn't happen, I want to make sure everybody is clear: if you self-vote three times, you will be pulled from the game. I'd hate to do it, so please, if anyone is in touch with Mary and Amerah, let them know that they're missed!

So I want to present two options if we have to resort to this. Obviously I'll make the final call but I'd like your feedback. Either way, I'll let everyone know what the decision is before the next voting period.

-We have Tribal Council and someone self-votes for the third time (and is not the person with a plurality of votes). That person is removed from the game alongside the person voted out, and we simply drop a challenge from the line-up.
-Same situation, but instead of voting somebody out, the self-voter alone leaves and the votes are not revealed. Instead, they're combined with the votes from the following round. PROS: We don't lose a challenge, and there's some potentially epic strategy about how to properly balance your voting for those two rounds. CON: Someone who won immunity in one of those rounds could feasibly be voted out if they received enough votes in the other. Of course, that might be a pro depending on your situation...

Any questions or suggestions, let me know.