Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by Kevbo1987 »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #4 RESULTS

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)
Spoiler:
melcor58
The rest of the votes are all for the same person.

The fourth person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX is....
Spoiler:
RobInMD
RobInMd, your tribe has spoken. Remember to relinquish your Survivor avatar.

It's time for you to go. Thank you for playing! Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread.

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!

PARTING WORDS: Jungle Cruise Guides, you have lost two challenges in a row, and your numbers are thinning. The game is a long one, however, and there is still plenty of time to recover. You can head back to camp.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

KIDNAPPING #4
The Minor Celebrities have decided to kidnap...

Spoiler:
the dingo
In a moment, you will lose access to your tribe's forum and see the Minor Celebrities forum. You'll stay there until the next challenge is posted, unless of course you decide to permanently join that tribe.

Details on this week's two bonus challenges will be posted later tonight!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

As promised, during this hiatus, there will be two opportunities to compete and win immunity--one live and one non-live. Both of these competitions are individual, and anyone who wants to play can do so. Let's start off with the non-live.

At some point in the next 24 hours, I will hide an immunity idol somewhere in either the Gameplay or Chitchat thread. Let me clarify--when I say hide, I mean this thing will be buried. You're not going to be able to browse the topic and see a big "YOU FOUND THE IDOL!" image pop out. You're gonna have to look for it. I will not announce when I've hidden it. Just know to start looking for it soon.

When you find it, you need to PM me with a link to the post it was hidden in. (You can also just link to the page and specify which post.) The first person to do so will win this hidden immunity. But here's the catch...I will not immediately inform this person that they've won. (More on this in a moment...)

The live challenge will be held on Thursday, February 23 at 9:30 PM EST. The person who wins this will receive an immunity pass that they can play at any Tribal Council they attend. They will simply need to announce in the Gameplay thread within 10 minutes of Tribal Council being posted (or inform me ahead of time) that they are playing it, and they cannot be voted against that round.

After that challenge plays out, I will inform the person who found the hidden idol first of their accomplishment (assuming, of course, that it's found before that). The reason for this is because you may not win both immunities. If the first person to find the immunity idol also wins the challenge, they will be required to give the hidden idol to another player of their choosing. Everything regarding the hidden idol will be dealt with in PMs. It's up to the player who possesses it (or the player who gives it away) if they want to reveal it to any of their fellow contestants.

To play the hidden immunity idol, you will simply inform me (or Kevbo, if he's handling Tribal Council that round) via PM that you wish to do so. Any votes cast against you will be nullified. So for example, let's say Driew finds the idol and plays it at the final 10. There are six votes for Driew and four votes for Sarley. Those Driew votes would be discounted, and sarley would be the one to go.

Because of its secrecy and the way it's played, the hidden idol is obviously much more powerful than the immunity pass--so if you're pretty confident that you found it earlier than anyone else, you might not even want to compete in the live challenge, because you will have to give up the idol if you win both. But that's a gamble, because you don't know when the idol will be hidden and if somebody else stumbled upon it before you did.

If you wish to transfer either the immunity pass or hidden idol to another player at any point, you must let me know via PM. (I will announce if the former is transferred, but not the latter of course.) You may not play either on behalf of another player. The last round either of them can be used is at the Tribal Council where there are five players left.

I know this is a bit confusing, especially for those unfamiliar with the Survivor show, so please ask any questions. Good luck!

ETA: Also, if the person possessing the hidden idol is voted out without playing it, I will not announce it. Where's the fun in that? :sly:
RobInMD
Occasional

Post by RobInMD »

No biggie, I've been told there is a way back into this game so I'm going to come back and win

well that's not exactly true

but I haven't been told there's *not* a way back in
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Question, and it's one I'm fully aware you it's one you may not be able to answer, but I'll at least throw it out there.

Is this hidden thingie stationary or has it been moving around? I saw something strange earlier, and for the life of me, I can't find it now.

Granted, I'm not totally sure it was what I'm looking for, but I've tried to find it to at least follow up on it.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Nope, it has not been moved from its initial hiding place.

One other rule I need to add to last night's post: while both immunities can be transferred to another player, you may only do so when we're not in the middle of a voting period.
RobInMD wrote:but I haven't been told there's *not* a way back in
There's not a way back in. :P
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

ATTENTION

Spoiler:
I'm not wearing any pants

Spoiler:
I'm also returning to the Jungle Cruise Guides
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Relieved at the first spoiler. The world order remains.
Is my dude a dweeb?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Dingo is now back with the Jungle Cruise Guides...but everybody's on their own for tonight's challenge.

BONUS CHALLENGE: If You've Got a Problem, I'll Solve It

This should be a relatively simple challenge…assuming you paid attention in your middle school math classes. In a moment, I'll post a fairly straightforward math problem. Here's the catch: I'm not giving you the numbers. Instead, I'll provide a series of clues related to either Al's oeuvre or this current season of Weird Al Survivor. Some of them you'll probably know off the top of your head; others you may have to do a little research on. There are no tricks here, although make sure you read the clues carefully, because they will lead you to the numbers you will need to input into the equation. The final answer will be a whole number. The first person to post the correct number in this thread will win an immunity pass that they can use at any Tribal Council before the final four. As a reminder, you may not possess both the immunity pass and the hidden immunity idol--if the person who found the idol wins this challenge, he or she will be required to give the idol away (assuming, of course, that the idol has been found).

You can post as many guesses as often as you want (you don't need to wait for anyone else to post or for a certain amount of time to pass), but you can only include one number per post.

If there are any questions, please ask. Good luck, Survivors, and remember your order of operations!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

A = Number of songs on The Food Album
B = Number of studio albums that feature exactly 11 tracks (NOTE: "Bite Me" is not a separate track)
C = Number of dollars Robert owes (and will never pay back) the narrator of "Why Does This Always Happen to Me"
D = Number of Rolling Stones songs that have been featured in polkas
E = Number of total Tribal Council votes cast in this game so far (including self-votes)
F = Number of The Weird Al Show episode titles that start with "The"
G = Number of songs parodied on Alapalooza
H = Runtime of "Albuquerque" according to the back cover of Running with Scissors…in seconds