Weird Al Survivor IX - Chitchat Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Weird Al Survivor IX - Chitchat Thread

Post by anthontherun »

As has been previously announced, Kevbo and I will soon host the long-awaited ninth season of Weird Al Survivor. We're hard at work coming up with twists and brand-new challenges (as well as a few old favorites) and have set a tentative start date of Sunday, January 29. The game will last about 4-6 weeks.

We're looking for a cast of 16 players to embark on this new adventure. If you've never played before and expect to be available during that period, sign up here now! We'd love to have a completely fresh cast.

However, as it's been such a long time since the last season, if we're unable to scrape up a cast of 16 new players, we'll open it up to select past contestants--those who have not previously won and/or took part in the All-Star season--but new players take priority, so we won't be accepting veterans until January 13.

As always, there will be a prize for the winner...I don't have any Al rarities to offer (I'm not parting with my copy of The Authorized Al, which has to be worth at least $31,000 at this point) but you will be taken care of, even if it's not with a jaw-dropping prize.

You can catch up on every past season of Weird Al Survivor in the Archive. So start signing up now!!!!

(When the game begins, we'll convert this into the Chit-Chat topic)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - CASTING INFO INSIDE!

Post by minnick27 »

Ive never played, so sign me up
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I am interested, but want to know-what time commitment is there? So you have to play live on the forum at any time? Overall time is not a problem, but I work overnight instead of 9-5 M-F.
Is my dude a dweeb?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Some challenges would be live while others you'll be given a deadline to submit by (and we'll try to schedule it so there's not four or five live challenges in a row or anything like that, at least not early on). Tribal Council voting will always last a day or so, give or take a few hours. But even if you don't play in every single challenge, if you strategize and participate as much as you're able to, you should do fine. :) mewrio often had to sit out of challenges because of the time difference and he lasted very long in both season 1 and All-Stars.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Since you're in a team for the first half of the game, your team members generally are able to pick up the slack for your team, so long as you're voting out the more useless team-members and you're not one of them. Then when the merge comes, focus shifts to getting rid of the most dangerous person. It's how I got to fourth in Season... Seven?

Basically, so long as you're an asset to the team in the beginning and then avoid having a target on your back after the merge, you'll last.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

anthontherun wrote:mewrio often had to sit out of challenges because of the time difference and he lasted very long in both season 1 and All-Stars.
Yes. It's called "flying under the radar". :F

Almost all the live challenges when I played tended to happen at night if that helps, Wizzerkat. But depending on everyone else's time zones and availability that might be different this season.

What's going to happen with the live challenges this time, since we don't have an IRC channel anymore? Don't remember if that was an issue in the later seasons...
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I am going to sign up and see what happens!
Is my dude a dweeb?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Awesome! :)
mewrio wrote:What's going to happen with the live challenges this time, since we don't have an IRC channel anymore? Don't remember if that was an issue in the later seasons...
I don't think there were too many challenges held in the chatroom--most of the live ones just took place on the board. We probably won't have any chatroom challenges this season but we'll set something up in case we do. Not sure how/if we'll do Tribal Council chats.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

There was a specific one set up for the Auction challenge last time. I'd be easy to start one up and maintain it for suture use, really.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Where are, like, rules and what has to be done and smurf?