Greatest "Weird Al" Yankovic Songs Chit Chat

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Awesome idea, Dave!
I'll get my list to you as soon as possible. :great:

I propose a motion. Everyone pick Syndicated Inc. as their favorite song. It'll annoy Jeremy. :lol:

EDIT: When I had narrowed down my list to the point where it'd be tough to let any go, I realized I unintentionally had 27 songs in the list. :blink: Very odd. :D
Silence will fall.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

When do you want the PM sent to you by?
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Doctor @ Jul 19 2008, 02:55 AM wrote: I propose a motion. Everyone pick Syndicated Inc. as their favorite song. It'll annoy Jeremy. :lol:
<_<

This sounds like a good idea. But also very difficult. I'll try narrowing them down as best as I can.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I just went through the Al songs on my iTunes, and made a list of my 25 top songs. I'll narrow it down and rank them soon.
And Peggy
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I just sent in my list. My Top 5 are consistent favorites but the other 15 fluctuate more, but this is their ranking this week.
This means something. This is important.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I've got it down to about 30, but I'm having a really hard time getting any lower than that. I haven't even tried to order them yet.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

And I thought people would have difficulty coming up with 20. :lol: I mean, most of us can probably rattle off our top 5 or so pretty easily, but once you start going beyond that, I find that you really need to start giving it some thought. :peace:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

After my first set of cuts, I ended up with 55. :lol: I got it down to 33 and have no idea where to go from there. I'll figure it out eventually.

There are some that probably wouldn't be top 20 tracks for me but they're underrated gems that I doubt other people will include so I wanna give them a nod.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

I just pretty much named some of my favorite songs, and most of them are in order. I tried, but I'm not good at ranking my favorite songs...
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I basically copied the song list onto a text document and then eliminated all the ones that I knew didn't stand a chance in the top 20. That got me down to about 50-60, like anth. Then, I went through and made some more cuts, trimming it down to about 40. Then, I managed to get down to 30. Now, I'm kind of stuck. There are so many great songs on the list and I don't know what to cut.

This is actually pretty interesting, though. I've ranked the albums before, but I've never even attempted ranking the songs.

I'm guessing that this is pretty easy for Bob, though, judging by his profile. :lol: