Drooling Over Al

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Oh yeah that's what I meant. And to think when I first became a fan, I was dreaming of hugging Al.You know a nice hug fully dressed. :P I guess that sounds silly. I'm still dreaming of it of course. And still fully dressed btw.

Well I know what you gals mean by drool.

Geeze! :S
Al team # 2836
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I only became an Al fan after Al had made his commitment to Suzanne public, in front of God and Dr. Demento and everybody, and I can't say I've ever dreamed of getting him in a compromising position. Heck, even when I actually dream of him, as in when I'm asleep, Suzanne keeps showing up! :P

But I can surely understand why the idea would recommend itself, in a theoretical sort of way, to a sufficiently-discerning female.

And Al hugs are a different matter. That's a delightful fantasy that actually has a decent shot at coming true. It has for me, three times now, and two out of those three times it was Al's idea. :inlove: It's so amazing that that shy geek in the Volcano Club, depending on brains and jokes to get out of high school alive, has turned into such a warm, demonstrative, friendly man.

Actually, though, thinking about the reports of people here who met Nick, no, it isn't surprising that Al turned out that way. But I'm glad he did. :)
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Sep 25 2004, 11:28 PM wrote: It's so amazing that that shy geek in the Volcano Club, depending on brains and jokes to get out of high school alive, has turned into such a warm, demonstrative, friendly man.

He certainly is exceptional. And he's proven (listen up Manda and CindyBob and all other l'il children) that school, no matter how awful, can be survived, even triumphed over if you keep a song in your heart and a laugh on your lips!

What a guy. How could anyone question why we more-mature ladies want to have all of him all to ourselves...?

Praise AL!!

--Karen (drooling away!) :9~
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

(Thanks for saving my life, AL!)
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Well that's cool but I'm not in high school. It is amazing how smart he is but that's just one thing I like about Al. :)

How could anyone question why we more-mature ladies want to have all of him all to ourselves...?

I kind of understand why you would want him all to yourself. But I try to drool in reality. No offense. I know he could never be mine.
Al team # 2836
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Manda @ Sep 26 2004, 03:01 AM wrote: Well that's cool but I'm not in high school.
See? You survived too!
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'm not in high school either, I'm in college. :blink:

The most droolable thing about Al is not his looks, but loving, warm personality. :)

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

stupidsurgeon27 @ Sep 26 2004, 04:13 PM wrote: The most droolable thing about Al is not his looks, but loving, warm personality. :)
Absolutely! And that's what has always made me mad with lust for Al -- my "type" is really incredibly smart guys who are utterly hilarious but also very sweet and kind, with good ethics. And that's Al all over! Of course I knew all along that I had no shot at Al, so I set out to see if there was another guy on the planet who matched that description. I finally found him -- on the other side of the planet (Australia)! Thank goodness he'd posted to Al's newsgroup or I'd probably never have found him! So I married him in 1998, and every day I think about how lucky I am to have found that rarest of things -- a guy who thinks like Al! And yes, I'm mad with lust for my husband, too -- but at least I can do something about that! All I can do about my Al-lust (AIH!) is hang with folks who'd understand --the Al-Gals! (Okay, most of you understand...I think...)

Praise AL!!

--Karen
Praise AL!

Karen/Kaz

AL is all, All is AL !

(Thanks for saving my life, AL!)
LadyKatia
Addicted

Post by LadyKatia »

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about someone you admire and find attractive even if this someone is never destined to be yours - as long as you know where to draw the line! I agree with my fellow Karen's "parallel universe" statement. As in love as I am with my boyfriend, and as much as I know Al is in love with Suzanne, I would never EVER do anything to cross those boundaries, but I don't deny that it's fun to imagine meeting Al while we were both unattached and the posabilities that could result. Heck we're close enough in age and (although I'm not a Vegan), I'd like to think that we have enough in common to at least be friends if nothing more.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint: It's in my diaper and it's NOT a toaster.