Woway Idal - Discussion

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Discuss anything to do with WOWAY IdAl here.

Like how great it is

Especially how great it is.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

So, exactly how is this going to work?
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I'm a little confused by this :huh:
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Bruce the Duck @ Nov 6 2006, 02:04 AM wrote: So, exactly how is this going to work?
Auditions

Auditions will be held like this

1 - x amount of people say that they want to play. They get in.

2 - Contestants then send me a parody which I and the other 2 judges will...well... judge.

3 - The best will go on to be "the final 12" and then they'll compete to be the sole survivor...erm, I mean...your WOWAY IdAL.

The Final 12

The final 12 contestants will compete week by week. Who'll post their parody in the gameplay thread (or I'll do it on behalf of them, if they aren't there that week). The public will vote will vote and the person with the least amount of votes will be out of the competition, thus ending their idAL journey.

Themes

After a contestant is voted out, the next weeks theme will be posted after. The parodies must be centered around that weeks theme, whatever it may be.

Voting

Audience members will vote for what they think is the best song parody. The judges will have the final say, but the votes will influence them

At the end of the week, the votes will be shown, and whoever has the least amount of votes ill have to leave the IdAL complex.

Any questions?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I wanna do this cause I do parodies, but... does it have to be a short parody? All my parodies are the length of the original song.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Well, no, it doesn't absolutely have to be a short parody.

I just said that, 'cause it's only the auditions.

So, yeah... I'll change that to any length. :)
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

This ...

The judges will have the final say, but the votes will influence them

... and this ...

The public will vote will vote and the person with the least amount of votes will be out of the competition, thus ending their idAL journey.

At the end of the week, the votes will be shown, and whoever has the least amount of votes ill have to leave the IdAL complex.

... seem to contradict one another ... is it the judges that have the final say, or is it the votes?
PMFL!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Methinks you're going to have trouble getting more than 12 people who are confident enough to play...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

OK, I never wanted to get involved with another WOWAY reality game (I'm absolutly dreading getting to a Survivor All Stars 2...because I know who's gonna end up hosting....guh....) and I'm not very good with writing song parodies to say the least

BUT....after reading up on this, I'll give it a go. :Y Seems like something I could do for a little while (At least until I get voted out in the third round :lol: )
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Mystik Tomato »

This ...

The judges will have the final say, but the votes will influence them

... and this ...

The public will vote will vote and the person with the least amount of votes will be out of the competition, thus ending their idAL journey.

... seem to contradict one another ... is it the judges that have the final say, or is it the votes?
X*

The public votes, and then the judges have the final say, using the votes to influence them.

For Example: Bob gets three votes. The judges will have a discussion about who they think was the best, and if one thinks Bob was the best, then it counts as another judge, thus it being a 2:2 vote.

Did that make sense?

Sorry, for the confusion, everybody. I'm just trying to fix all the kinks in it.