Weird Al Survivor Vii: Game Play Only Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

I found the "Al's head in front of movies" challenge the most difficult, since I arrived late, and then I hadn't seen many of the films except for Mallrats, which I didn't even recognize. I completely bombed that one.
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

KnottyEmily: "Why do you think I was voted out unfairly? You can be completely honest as I have no grudges about leaving the game when I did."

Ok. Here's something to make you feel good:
You WEREN'T voted out AT ALL! :lol:

You were the first jury member because you had the lowest score on that one challenge that was a double elimination. You were unfairly taken out of the game early, but only because, unfortunately, the game went on without you being aware. Person with lowest score (you) was eliminated by Akrovak, and then Mars was voted out.
Silence will fall.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Well, well, well... here we are. The final two.

It's funny that it came to you two. During one of the first few challenges, lamename, dumb n00b, kristine, and I were all partnered together in a large alliance. As these two have explained, we took out the Lumpy Spuds one by one and then got rid of some of our own players. Had I realized that my three alliance partners would end up being some of the strongest players in the entire game, I probably would've gone with someone else.

Now. As far as this little deception that you've been hearing about, I'd just like to set the record straight. Going into the last few challenges, I had mainly been partnered with Kristine and stopped talking to the others very much. Kristine had told me everyone was going to vote out Patrick so I went along with that plan, but unfortunately everyone else had been playing her. I had not been made aware of this and when she was voted out I took it upon myself to ally with lamename and dumb n00b once again.

It was at this point when I presented DNFA with a plan to win. All we had to do was vote out Mystic Tomato and Patrick, stringing along lamename until the final challenge. If she went along with my plans, we would hold the majority every round and guarantee us a spot in the final two. She agreed with this plan. I honestly didn't perceive anyone but lamename to be much of a threat and I regret not organizing his removal earlier in the game.

I put way too much trust in Dumb n00b and as a result I ended up in the spot I am in right now. She perpetuated this myth that lamename was a little crazy and schizo so that I would think he had no idea what he was doing, thus minimizing his threat. At one point, lamename PMed me a message he had just sent me with an added note of "<-- Me lying to Jon." Lamename said nothing about this mistake until I asked DNFA about it. Then within an hour, lamename wrote me back to apologize, claiming it was meant for a jury member. Needless to say this raised some eyebrows.

I was very cautious of these two, who claimed they weren't really talking to each other much anymore, but then somehow during the endurance challenge I felt like I could trust DNFA again. Lamename was telling me he had to go out with his parents somewhere and I dropped out so DNFA would beat him. Yes, I should have stayed in longer. No, I should not have trusted her so much. But that's the way Survivor goes, I guess. I had a lot of fun playing and my only regret is putting too much trust in Dumb n00b at the end.

LN: If you had to choose one action you've taken during your time in this game to be the most sneaky, devious thing you've done, what would you choose?

DNFA: You singlehandedly led me on for the last several weeks ultimately leading to my demise. From my vantage point, you are the least trustworthy person in the entire game. Why should I still vote for you to win?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

TMBJon @ Nov 26 2006, 09:35 AM wrote: She perpetuated this myth that lamename was a little crazy and schizo so that I would think he had no idea what he was doing, thus minimizing his threat.

LN: If you had to choose one action you've taken during your time in this game to be the most sneaky, devious thing you've done, what would you choose?
First,
:oo
I am still surprised to hear about DN telling everyone I was crazy.
She never told me any of that until it was all over..
It worked..... But I still don't like being called crazy behind my back.... It makes me angry.... You won't like me when I'm angry...
Well, it might be true about me being crazy, but that's fine with me. :lol:

Anyway, to answer Jon's question, and Mars knows about this, even if he doesn't remember....

Back when it was two tribes, I was able to find the Lumpy Spuds' "secret forum."
No, not the one that was a trick.
Their REAL one.
Anyway, I created a Gmail account under Mars' name, and then signed up on their forum. I was able to see exactly what they were doing.

Carol, I didn't appreciate the machine-gun carrying smiliey shooting a Potato on a Couch.... :D

But yes, that's probably one of the most, if not THE most, devious thing I have done, apart from the usual lying that you have to do during ANY survivor game.

Boom, Boom. Ain't it great to be crazy?
Silence will fall.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Jon, you should vote for me because you once said that if it came to me and lamename in the final two, you'd vote for me, and as I should know, always keep your PROMISES(!). I learned that from the Weird Al Show. :P

Seriously though, it's hard to think of reasons why you should vote for me, largely because LN and I have synchronized our playing up until this point. So if you're reading this, LN, I'm sorry, but I'm going to start comparing us.

I'd say the three main things I have to my advantage are thus: My strategy. Even if you were on the wrong end of it, you've got to admit it was a good one. And unlike LN, I didn't make mistakes. I'd have to say I'm the stronger survivor for that.

Number two: my punctuality. I showed up for every challenge but one, which was not a time challenge. When I said that I could make it to a challenge, I could. Punctuality of the players makes the game far more enjoyable for everyone involved. Now I'm not saying LN could have helped being gone in most cases. But there were some where he could have told us he might be a little late.

Number three: early on, Jon, I allied with you to prevent you from being voted off when you went on your own MN-inclusive pilgrimage, and made sure everyone voted for someone else instead. That wasn't fake.

That's all I have to say for myself. Vote as you please, and may the best Survivor win.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Each member of the Jury has had a chance to speak their minds, as well as ask questions. Those questions have been responded to by both Dumb n00b for Al and lamename3000.

They now have a chance to make a closing arguement. If either of you have nothing left to say, please just say something to that effect in the Game Play thread after this post.

Once both Survivors have done this, I will write a post letting the Jury know it's okay to send me their Final Vote.

Thanks,
AkProbst
PMFL!
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

All I have to say for myself is that I tried to trash LN as little as possible during the course of this interrogation.

Although I want to win, I think LN played a much more honest game and is the more honorable Survivor. If I could vote, I'd vote for him, not me.

He also catches Susan Hawk references better than I do. :P

Honestly, if you must vote for me, vote because of my strategy, not my honor. I was ruthless...but in the end, it wasn't for me. You see, I was probably going to final two in any case. If either Jon or LN, not I, had won, they would both probably have taken me to final two. I told Jon most of the lies I did to get LN to final two.

Lumpy Spuds, I don't know what to tell you. We discriminated against you because you were spuds. I see no point in defending myself or LN for this.

Fellow CPs, I'm sorry that I broke some of my alliances with you. In the end, it comes down to who your one real alliance is, and I'm sorry that you weren't it.

I have no problem with all my treachery going public. I did what I could to get LN and myself to final two, and it's time for you guys to pick the lesser of two evils, and I probably personally wronged you a lot more than LN did. In the context of the whole game, you decide.

Thanks, and as I said, let the best Survivor win.
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

I know that you don't know me very well
We've barely met, but I can surely tell
No one will ever love you like I do
at least if you vote for me.... :)

Now,
If you wanna be my friend, you have to vote for me!
It may seem too easy, but that's the way it is!

Can't you see, I want to win,
Golly gee! I want to win!

Don't want to be a Survivor Idiot,
Don't want to loose to some dumb n00b,
and if it seems like I'm being mean,
just remember she called me crazy.

Hey everyone,
listen up!
Your attention if you please!
Really want to give you a suggestion,
won't you please vote for me?!?!?

Don't vote for n00b.
She yodels in the nude.
Vote for me, like you know that you should.
Or don't vote for n00b.

I want to win at survivor,
but if you don't for me,
I'll be the biggest loser,
Really be biggest loser,
look at me, I'll be biggest loser,
unless you vote for me.

But remember,
you all were almost winners,
but you were close, but no cigar.

You've read my confessions.
"Sometimes in private, really liked to dress up as MarsBar and see for myself what the LSes do. (In their forum.)"

I'm pitiful.

Trapped in the Final 2.
"we're approaching the final 2, getting close to the final 2, now we're here at the final 2, did I mention the final 2?"

That's enough of the lame Al song parodies/references.

Really, this was a great game,
I had a great time and I'm surprised I made it this far.
But I obviously made it here for good reasons.

1. I had the best ally in the world, and she's sitting next to me (well, virtually, in the game, you know what I mean)

2. I was a good team player. I helped keep the Couch Potatoes together as long as possible. I submitted the CP's challenge answers for each challenge, and we won all but the Movie Trailer (which was made by Dumb n00b :) )

3. I was as honest as I could be (considering the game). I didn't WANT to lie to ANYONE, and I only did so when the truth would hurt me or my partner.

4. I write the best lame parodies ever. They may not be great, they may not be good, but they are the best that I could come up with in a few minutes.

6. I am a good friend (when you know me outside of the game.)

7. I am a good counter.

25. I admit when I lie. (Maybe after the fact.)

26. I admit when I make a mistake. (unless

27. I love the number 27.

Ok. So maybe some of those have nothing to do with why I should win Survivor. It really all comes down to whether or not you think I deserve to win.

I believe this jury probably has the hardest job anyone has had to do in a game. Me and Elsa are great people, and great players.

I will not be hurt if you vote for Elsa, because she is an awesome person and player and deserves it just about as much as anyone. Oh, and she also contributed the stuff in quotes for my Polka above.

Good luck jury, and vote.
If you want to make a difference in America, vote!
It doesn't matter who you vote for, VOTE! (Well, it DOES matter who you vote for, but.... anyway, VOTE!!!)

Thank you ladies and gentlebeans of the jury, the defense has rested.
Silence will fall.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Jury members, the rest of the game is up to you.

5) Once those final arguements are written, the Jury members will send a Personal Message to Akrovak with the subject "Weird Al Sole Survivor", and containing the name of the person they want to win the game. The Jury Members will have until 7:00 PM Eastern on Thursday November 30th to send me their vote.

Don't forget ... your vote is for who you want to win this time (not the person you're voting to leave the game, as in all previous rounds).

As I said earlier, I will announce the winner once I have all of the votes, or there is a majority.

Thanks,
AkProbst
PMFL!
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Attention! We have a WINNER!!!

FINAL Tribal Council Results

Although I have yet to receive one vote, I do have a majority (I was going to wait for this last vote, but since it wouldn't make a difference, I figured I may as well go ahead and get this post out there).

I have tallied the Jury's votes. Once the vote is read, the decision is final. That person will be the Sole Survivor of Weird Al Survivor Vii.

But first, a little game history from a Host's perspective (sorry about the quality of these, Photobucket did some major resizing of the originals):

Pre-Merge Voting History

Pre-Merge Vote Counts

Pre-Merge Points Earned

Post-Merge Voting History

Post-Merge Vote Counts (takes into account Pre-Merge totals as well as the votes removed during the 11th Challenge)

Post-Merge Points Earned (takes into account Pre-Merge totals as well as the points the remaining Survivors "spent" during the 11th Challenge)

I'll read the votes.

But first, what have you all been playing for? I will apologize in advance; I have no rare Al collectibles. Previous hosts have been fantastic in this regard, but I'm not much of a collector. However, I AM awaiting some very cool stuff that is being donated to the cause from someone on the forum (as soon as I receive those items, this person will get LOADS of credit). I'll also be sending the Sole Survivor a personal message with more details on that person's Prize Package as soon as I receive this "stuff" (I believe that person will be very happy). The runner up will also receive a personal message from me.

In addition to this, since both Dumb n00b for Al and lamename made it to the Final Two, I will be donating $27.00 to this forum in their names. The forum can always use donations, and it will give both of them WOWAY Lovers status! These donations will be made on December 1st.

And NOW I will read the votes:

SPOILER Dumb n00b for Al

SPOILER lamename3000

SPOILER Dumb n00b for Al

SPOILER lamename3000

SPOILER That's two votes each for Dumb n00b for Al and lamename3000

SPOILER The final two votes that I have are both for the same person (thus the reason I do not need to wait for the final vote)

SPOILER Dumb n00b for Al

Dumb n00b for Al is the Sole Survivor of Weird Al Survivor Vii!

You may take this avatar (or have kristineslipson create you one that doesn't stink! :lol:)

Congratulations, Dumb n00b for Al!

For those interested, here is how the Jury members voted.

I will make my Final Host Post in a few minutes, and this thread can remain open for a while (for congrats and the like).
PMFL!