Weird Al Survivor Vii: Game Play Only Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Final Host Post!

I've enjoyed the season very much, and I truly had a blast hosting. Although we occasionally found ourselves facing scheduling conflicts, and there were a few delays and problems (mainly due to me), I believe the season was a success.

In no small part due to the following .....

It would be wrong to not give thanks for some of the people who've helped me along as I tried to manage my hosting duties. So, without further delay ...

Thank you, spacedingo, for your invaluable help in creating two of the challenges used during this season ("Movie Trailor!" and "wALk of Fame!") ... you went above and beyond, especially considering you had just recently hosted a season yourself!

Thank you, anthontherun, for creating the last challenge, "Endure This!" ... it was my personal favorite of the season (I really did enjoy wondering just how long it would last).

Please note, those three challenges were played without a single problem (very well planned) ... the same cannot be said for many of the other ones.

Thank you, Genius in Maine and anthontherun, for coming through on very short notice and agreeing to be my "eyes" during the final challenge ... although I did stick around work until the end of it, I appreciate both of you stepping up when I needed it!

Thank you, Elvis, for coming up with the idea of changing the player's profile titles to match their Tribe names ... those can be removed now, when you have time, and if you want to change the Sole Survivor's title to proclaim as such, that would be great (as well as remove mine as well as the other "Tater Tots").

Thank you, Jigawatt, algonacchick, Kevbo1987, Genius in Maine, anthontherun and someone else (I really should have kept better track of this ... I thought I had it saved somewhere, but I cannot find it, and it was quite a while ago ... if someone steps up and reminds me, I'll add the name here for reference ... I apologize) for agreeing to be impartial judges during "Movie Trailor!" and "Press Conference!".

Thank you, to all previous hosts (Bruce the Duck [original creator of the game], Sarley27, anthontherun, Dr. Dad, Genius in Maine, themeccaofalbinopoodles), co-hosts, and judges for keeping the spirit of the game alive for SIX previous seasons.

Thank you, WHiZZi, for the forum itself ... without that, the game wouldn't exist, and I'd have a lot less to do on the internet.

Thank you, to all of the people behind the CBS show including Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett, for the inspiration behind the game.

Thank you, Jay Levey, Bermuda Schwartz, Ruben Valtierra, Jim West, Steve Jay, and Dr. Demento for existing.

Thank you, "Weird Al" Yankovic, for years of laughter and excellent music ... and for being the spirit beind all "Weird Al" Survivors.

And thanks to the awesome cast of Weird Al Survivor Vii ...

Ipe
Weirdalfreak27
WWEgirl
Microwaved_head
Barney Slayer
melcor58
Carol
MarsBar101
KnottyEmily
WeirdAce
kristineslipson
Patrick
TMBJon
lamename3000

And our Sole Survivor, Dumb n00b for Al

Whew! I believe I've covered everyone ... if not, accept my apologies in advance.

Thanks again for allowing me to host, everyone involved, and I'll be looking forward to the next installment.
PMFL!
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Passing of the Survivor Hosting Torch.

I was hoping this would be easy. And I was thinking it would be cool to have the winner of this season take on the duty. And before I could even approach her about, Dumb n00b for Al asked me about it with much interested.

The torch has been passed ... and I am sure DNFA will do a fantasic job hosting Weird Al Survivor Season 8. :Y
PMFL!