The Big Absence Topic 3.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

I'm so glad you're safe, Dad! Hug your family ( I'm sure you have!) and know that we're thinking of you.

I hope our other friends in the area are safe too, and will check in soon!
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Yikes, Jim!! Thank God your wife insisted on leaving then! I saw some cameras there, and the interstates were PACKED! :o If you lost your Al collection, tell us what you had, and some of us might be able to send you what you lost. ;) I've been praying for you and your family along with everyone else in the South.... Scary stuff.
In hiding since 2010
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Jim,

Glad you're safe. Wise move to get out. Hopefully your house and possessions are not under deep water. It's not looking good. I've been watching the chaos unfold today over the Internet. I can't imagine what it would be like to be living through that. Stay strong. If there's anything I can do, just let me know.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

Dr. Dad/Jim, I don't know if this will help, but just a little bit of information I heard today. After search and rescue, and as soon as is possible, your city building official will send a rapid response team out to assess structures. When you can get through by phone, give that building official a call and ask for your home's evaluation. (The team goes out and rates structures, tagging them red, yellow or green. Green is what you want. Yellow means work can be done/can begin. Red is not good.) Don't know if it's the same in your city, but if it is similar, this might help you get the information you need. Good luck!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Glad to know you and your family are safe, Dr. Dad. I can't imagine what it is like down there except for the news footage we get, but to actually live through that is completely different.

Hopefully your house isn't completely flooded with water. If you need any help with anything, just let us know.

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
dj's mom
Addicted

Post by dj's mom »

God Bless you, Dr. Dad and family! Glad to hear you're okay.

I was just trying to think of LadyKatia's name today. I'll be thinking of her also. She hasn't posted in a long while, that I know of. Hope she checks in. :unsure:

JulieJ
Deep down, I'm really very shallow.

Accessing my inner blond since 2007.
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

I just spoke to Lady Katia, but only for a few seconds, because she needs to keep the phone line clear for the rescue people to contact her. So all I know is that she did make it through the storm, but is in need of assistance.

Dr. Dad--I'm sure happy to hear you and your family are safe!

Vikki
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Glad she's at least out of harm's way. Thanks for the update Vikki.

Dave
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Very good to know that our fellow members are safe, along with the other hundreds of thousands who are also in the clear. I don't think there's anything substantial that anyone can say who hasn't been through such a natural disaster themselves, as many people have lost practically everything and more, but let's all wish for a relatively quick recovery and hope that the worst is behind them.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Genius in Maine @ Aug 29 2005, 10:39 PM wrote: Isn't American Pie from New Orleans too?
Looks like he is. I hope he's safe too. If anyone hears anything from or about him, please let us know.

Dave