Hangin' 27 - Part Dos

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I'm not exactly sure if this was posted before, but I have a friend who is into the band Tool. And they showed me this article that talks about comparing violence in songs and there was a little mention of Al in this article.

Do Tool, DMC Cause Violence?
from the above article wrote: Other experiments featured the likes of Cypress Hill's "Shoot 'Em Up," Suicidal Tendencies' "I Wouldn't Mind" and Run-DMC's "Hit 'Em Hard," as well as humorous violent songs like Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue" and Weird Al Yankovic's "The Night Santa Went Crazy."

Just thought it was kind of interesting that they talked about humorous violent songs in the article which included The Night Santa Went Crazy.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

GOOGLE ALERT (Just for you Bobbi :P )

Anyone remember this guy from a concert of your's?
In hiding since 2010
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

Jimmy fallon mentions Al on an interview on his site. Here's the relevant part:
What are the comedy albums that have meant the most to you?
Let’s Get Small by Steve Martin is definitely one. And yes, “Weird Al” Yankovic – maybe Dare To Be Stupid.

Was Weird Al an influence on the comedic or fashion level?
I used to wear checkered shirts, and I permed my hair and wore glasses and had a cheesy mustache. I stopped doing that when I found out that Weird Jimmy Fallon didn’t work as well. Not cool. Actually the Dare To Be Stupid tour was my first concert. My parents took me to see him at UPAC [Ulster Performing Arts Center] in Ulster County.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before. :)
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yeah it has, but still some awesome comments from Jimmy!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here's another comedian who's opened for Al. Let's be nicer to the opening acts on the next tour, okay guys? :lookaround:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Aug 8 2005, 09:34 PM wrote: Here's another comedian who's opened for Al. Let's be nicer to the opening acts on the next tour, okay guys? :lookaround:
Yeah, we should be nicer. :P
In hiding since 2010
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

Slappy thought we were nice, but then, it was easy to be nice to a nice guy, as Slappy is!
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Aug 9 2005, 12:34 AM wrote: Here's another comedian who's opened for Al. Let's be nicer to the opening acts on the next tour, okay guys? :lookaround:
Ok, but only if they promise to be funnier. <_<

Actually, after looking at a few pictures on his website, I remember Jack Swersie from Westbury. He was good. At the end of his set, they put the lights down and he juggled fire. I don't remember any heckling, and the audience liked him.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Wasn't there a website with an internet version of the Authorized Al on it? Where did that go to?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

iisryan27 @ Aug 11 2005, 04:51 PM wrote: Wasn't there a website with an internet version of the Authorized Al on it? Where did that go to?
It's not on the Links page at The Mothership anymore. I tried a Google search and couldn't find it either. Maybe it doesn't exist anymore.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.