Weird Al Survivor 6 Chit Chat Only Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kayy911
Obsessed

Post by Kayy911 »

way to go!
Those who say nothing is impossible have never tried slamming a revolving door.
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

Ok, so here was my strategy for what my part of the game was.

It started during Alprentice when Ak pulled himself out. He challenged me to sign up for Survivor. So I did.

I started to trash talk early in order to get a certain reputation prior to the game and to set up for what I would hope would be a surprise alliance. Ak then picked me first during the first challenge and we talked later that night about teaming up initially.
Then Dawg pm'ed me also and I joined up wth him so we had a three way alliance initially.
Then, the Castaways shut out the Mountaineers until the merge. Very convenient even though we had a plan anyway. I thought our team was the best set up and it showed during the challenges. I felt we were better organized and that's why we won.
It was decided that we keep the team together during the individual challenges just because we worked so well together. Ironically, I voted Kay out two hours before his teammates offered an alliance. (Which is why I rejected your offer, QWAF) It was easy work to knock off the remaining two Mountaineers before the Bingo challenge.
The next challenge had us separated and teamed up with the girls. Our plan was to knock out either Stef or Marlin depending on who won. I made a promise to Hippie that she would not be the first girl knocked out. That's when Stef and I lost and she was voted out.
The next one was the medley challenge. Again, it was down to which girl didn't win. I was hoping for Marlin since I owed hippie, but Marlin won again and hippie went bye bye.
The next challenge was what I call the most controversial part in my view. We were all against each other and it wa a trivia challenge. Since Ak was my first partner, I figured I would get it so he would be in controlling position. Thus, I didn't try my hardest in that challenge. The excuse about having a screwed up schedule was true. But I also knew to help Ak, I had to go.
This left me on the sidelines and hoping that Dawg would be knocked out and Marlin would go against Ak. I like Dawg, but I would have loved to see Marlin in the final two because it would have been a more dramatic ending. Nevertheless, I am glad Ak won and Dawg made the final two because it proved our alliance was a good choice.
If we want to call my going down in flames "pulling a sumo" I have no qualms about it since my job made me do the same during the Alprentice.
In summation, I oved this game and would love to be an All Star when the chance comes. I realized during both games that I am not as big a fanatic as some, but that sometimes just being around is cool.
Good game all and thanks for the memories.

BTW, Dingo, you are still a Dingbat!!

OMEGAGRANDESUMO!!!!!!

I forgot to mention that the strategy of faking a rivalry with Ak was a ruse because I wanted to ensure the girls aimed for one or the other in their votes. Ak and I actually get along. We are both Mariner fans, although that will be hidden for a while until they do better, and we both had fun with it. Thanks for playing along AK.
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

samuraisumo @ Aug 22 2005, 11:25 PM wrote: I forgot to mention that the strategy of faking a rivalry with Ak was a ruse
That was fake? You had me fooled! :o

:P
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

The idea was to con the other tribe mates into thinking we couldn;t stand each other so we split the votes. That way, neither one of us would be voted out easily. With the record, I wouldn't have anyway.
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I don't view what happened in the Guess Who challenge contreversial, because even if you were trying to throw it, the scoring system made it way too easy to screw up anyone's plans.

I loved that scoring system >:)

One thing about the hidden vote trick that I loved (Although I'm the first to admit that the twist fell a lot flatter on it's face than I hoped, and I'm pretty disappointed with that. It was one of the things I was proudest of), was seeing alliances forming even without seeing the votes.

The most PAINFULLY obvious moment came when sumo and stupidhippie had the EXACT same answers in the Rock and Roll hALl of fame challenge.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

spacedingo @ Aug 23 2005, 04:37 AM wrote: The most PAINFULLY obvious moment came when sumo and stupidhippie had the EXACT same answers in the Rock and Roll hALl of fame challenge.
uh....uh.....uh.... :ph34r:
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Threw that challenge?? Oh come on, sumo ... let's be honest here .... I schooled you in that challenge.

:lol:
PMFL!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

samuraisumo @ Aug 22 2005, 11:47 PM wrote: uh....uh.....uh.... :ph34r:
Hey, there's certainly nothing wrong with it....any use of an alliance to an advantage is perfectly allowed in the game.

Of course, it can backfire :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
BigDogz2500
Occasional

Post by BigDogz2500 »

I want to say Congradulations to Ak for his win, you deserve it. You played a great game and stuck with me from the very beginning, and that could have cost you. So thanks for sticking with me and have fun with your prize. :Y
Here's BigDogz he says and laughs in that special way!
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

I wouldn't have had a chance in that challenge if it weren't for Sumo. I prolly wouldn't have gotten as far as I did if it weren't for him. I knew it wouldn't last forever. I was just happy to play as long as I did. I only survived as long as I did by relying on the kindness of strangers. At some point strangers have to become not so kind anymore. HEHE. This game was more of a learning experience for me so I guess if anyone got schooled, it was me. Also the origional alliance of the castaways worked for me a great deal. I thought I would actually be the first one out after the merge. Thanks everyone for making it such a fun learning experience. :)

Stupidhippie
:stupid:
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee