Survivor 3 Game Play Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

By popular demand, here are correct answers for the "Greatest Hits" challenge:

FIRST LEG: "COUCH POTATO REVISITED"

The correct pathway through the channels from the starting site which leads to the Al program is as follows:

Channel Flip Down ---> Space Ghost
Channel Same ---> The Brak Show
Channel Same ---> Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy
Channel Same ---> Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy [second show]
CHannel Up ---> Lilo And Stitch
Channel Same ---> AL!!

which leads you to this post with Al!

[If you think about it in the context of the game, the route actually does makes sense. Once you found "Space Ghost", you knew you were on Cartoon Network. Keeping the channel the same brings you to "The Brak Show" and to both "Billy And Mandy" shows [as these shows are both on Cartoon Network also!]. These are the same two shows that gave our initial two tribes their names [Petroleum Joes & Squid Hats]. Then you channel flipped up ["down" & "same" led to dead ends] to the Disney Channel, where you found "Lilo And Stitch", which is where your "Minstrel Tribe" avatar came from. Staying in the same place [as opposed to up or down, both dead ends] finally got you to ... AL! And if that wasn't enough of a hint, if you paid attention to the three-digit numbers that made up part of the URL of each TV program, the five shows listed above were the ONLY ones which contained a "27" in their numbers!]

The Al program told you to post the line "I FOUND MY ALTV!!" in the Game Play thread if you were the first to see the Al program, then gave you a link to click on to get to the next leg.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

SECOND LEG: "AL-GEBRA 102"

The link you clicked on revealed this math puzzle:

And here are the variab-Als you needed:

A = Number of the 24 Al videos found on TUVC that are of ORIGINAL songs
ANSWER = 8 ["You Don't Love Me Anymore"; "Dare To Be Stupid"; "UHF"; "One More Minute"; "This Is The Life"; "Spy Hard"; Christmas At Ground Zero"; "Bob"]

K = Total number of songs on all of Al's eleven studio albums that begin with the letter "R"
ANSWER = 1 ["Ricky" ... that's it!!]

L = Number of songs on Al's first album "Weird Al" Yankovic that are under three minutes long
ANSWER = 7 ["Ricky" (2:36); "Gotta Boogie" (2:14); "I Love Rocky Road" (2:36); "Happy Birthday" (2:28); "My Bologna" (2:01); "Another One Rides The Bus" (2:40); "Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung" (1:54)]

O = Number of Al studio albums where the name of the album was NOT also the name of a song on the same album
ANSWER = 8 ["'Weird Al' Yankovic"; "In 3D"; "Even Worse"; "Off The Deep End"; "Alapalooza"; "Bad Hair Day"; "Running With Scissors"; "Poodle Hat"]

P = Number of times the word "Minnesota" appears in the lyrics for "The Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota" [excluding the title]
ANSWER = 16 [Click here to count them all yourself!!]

R = Number of badgers delivered to Raul Hernandez at his apartment for his show "Raul's Wild Kingdom", according to the movie UHF
ANSWER = 3 ["Well, let's see, I got one aardvark, one flamingo, four porcupines, two armadillos, three badgers ..." "Badgers? ... BADGERS?? ... WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKING BADGERS!!!"]

S = The year Alfred Matthew Yankovic graduated from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA, with his degree in architecture
ANSWER = 1980

T = Number of the 24 Al videos found on TUVC in which Ruben Valtierra can be seen
ANSWER = 3 [only "Headline News"; "The Saga Begins"; "It's All About The Pentiums"]

U = Number of Al's polka songs off Al's eleven studio albums that do NOT begin with the word "Polka"
ANSWER = 5 ["Hooked On Polkas"; "The Hot Rocks Polka"; "Bohemian Polka"; "The Alternative Polka"; "Angry White Boy Polka"]

V = Number of songs on all of Al's eleven studio albums that begin with the letter "M"
ANSWER = 7 ["Melanie"; "Midnight Star"; "Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies"; "Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung"; "Mr. Popeil"; "My Baby's In Love with Eddie Vedder"; "My Bologna"]

And this is how you solved for "AL":

The instructions told you to click on a link when you had solved for AL. The correct result was a four digit number which was to be used to replace the four red question marks in this URL:

http://www.geocities.com/docprobstcp/????.html

When you placed the four digits in the link like this:

http://www.geocities.com/docprobstcp/9199.html

the resulting webpage would give you the link to get to the third leg.

More answers in the next post!!
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

THIRD LEG: "ALL FOR TWO & FLOOR WALT"

The link you clicked on brought you to a page which told you that the seven scrambled titles were all on that webpage ... but hidden in various ways.

Here is where all the scrambled titles were hiding:

#1 -- Click on the link in the red colored word "GO!!".
#2 -- Click ONLY on the link in the "&" in the link for "ALL FOR ONE & OAF ENROLL" in the first paragraph.
#3 -- Click the pale blue border with a separate link just ABOVE the "I GOT THE SONG" picture link with Al.
#4 -- Highlight with your cursor the white space near the bottom of the screen near the Al pic to see a white text box with white background.
#5 -- Hover your cursor over the picture of Al at the bottom of the screen, and a "Screen Tip" will appear with a scrambled title.
#6 -- Highlight with your cursor the second black line near the top of the page to see black text within the line.
#7 -- Click in the link in the PICTURE of three exclamation points in the title of this Challenge leg.

Now, here are all seven clues:

#1 -- DADDY GO SOLO
#2 -- AH, SPAM DIARIES
#3 -- OH, BLUE GEOMETRY
#4 -- GORY HYENA BACKS
#5 -- ALL HAIL ENT TORTURE
#6 -- ADD STUPIDEST DOC
#7 -- CHEVY RISKS REALIZED

And the unscrambled titles are:

#1 -- DADDY GO SOLO -- "Good Old Days"
#2 -- AH, SPAM DIARIES -- "Amish Paradise"
#3 -- OH, BLUE GEOMETRY -- "Let Me Be Your Hog"
#4 -- GORY HYENA BACKS -- "Achy Breaky Song"
#5 -- ALL HAIL ENT TORTURE -- "Nature Trail to Hell"
#6 -- ADD STUPIDEST DOC -- "Addicted To Spuds"
#7 -- CHEVY RISKS REALIZED -- "She Drives Like Crazy"

This means the first letters of each clue are G, A, L, A, N, A, and S.

Unscrambled, the "Final Song Title" is "LASAGNA".
And you didn't HAVE to finish all the titles to figure that out ... but it sure would have helped ...

The instructions said to click on another link once you'd solved the "Final Al Song Title". That link led you to instructions telling you to search WOWAY for the WOWAY thread with the same song title as the Final Song Title. Once you found the thread, you were to search all the posts until you found your next clue to arriving at the last leg.

If you searched the "Lasagna" thread, you would have found THIS post. And it tells you to click on a posted link there to reach the LAST leg.

[And yes, had you clicked and found the instructions to search WOWAY for a thread with a Final Song Title as its name, you could have figured out that the "Lasagna" thread was the ONLY thread which had SEVEN letters in it [except for "Fun Zone", and none of those scrambled titles contained a "Z"] ... and then, you wouldn't have even HAD to unscramble the song titles above. SAH-ree ...]

FOURTH LEG: "CONCERT PICTURES: SECOND ROLL"

When you clicked on the last link above, you were sent to this site, where you were shown six pictures, each one of which represented a word, name, or phrase that contained one of the words "Weird", "Al", "Bermuda", "West", or "Jay", as in the last "Concert Pictures" Challenge. Each of the five "band words" had been used at least once. You were to figure out the names and PM me via WOWAY with the correct answers.

The five pictures with explanations are as follows:

PHOTO #101 -- JAY JAY THE JET PLANE
-- Jay Jay the Jet Plane is a daytime children's show on PBS [along with Sesame Street, Arthur, and all the other ones your pre-school kids, nieces, and nephews watch]. It's about a six year old jet plane ["Momma, do planes get bigger when they get older?"] who lives at Tarrytown Airport with his friends Tracy the Jet Plane, Herky the Helicopter, and [I swear I'm not making these up] Snuffy the Skywriter. Jay Jay LOVES to explore! Do YOU like to explore? YOU DO?!?! Imagine that ... Let's move on now, shall we? ...

HINTS: The "PBS Kids" Logo should have helped. A Google search of "PBS Kids" and "plane" would point you to Jay Jay.

PHOTO #102 -- AL JOLSON
-- Al Jolson was a legendary blackface entertainer from the 1920's, meaning he performed his vaudeville acts on stage with his face entirely covered in black face paint [some entertainers in those days including Al believed audiences laughed more for black performers -- remember, it was a much different world back then]. He is famous for his songs "Mammy", "Swanee", "Toot Toot Tootsie (Good Bye)", "Sonny Boy". But by far his biggest claim to fame is his appearance in the world's first talking motion picture in 1927 -- The Jazz Singer. "You ain't heard nothin' yet!!"

HINTS: The "Mammy!" speech balloon should have helped, if you didn't recognize the face. A Google search of "blackface" or even just "Mammy" should have brought you to Al Jolson.

PHOTO #103 -- WEIRD TALES
-- Weird Tales is a magazine which is one of the mainstays of the horror publishing industry. Begun in 1923[!!], it started as a small pulp "unique magazine" and offered young writers an outlet for "highly imaginative stories" [some of which were ... *ahem*v... a bit risque even by today's standards]. Much like the zombies that often mentioned in its pages, the little magazine refused to die, and in so doing, launched the careers of many successful writers known both in the field of horror [Carl Jacobi, Henry Kuttner, Robert Bloch] and some now famous writers known outside horror [HP Lovecraft and Ray Bradbury]. It still is published now, some 80 years later. [Hey, again, do you know how few things there are in this world with the name "Weird" in them?? I'd have done Chuck Shepherd's "News Of The Weird" ... but how do you illustrate that without the word "Weird" already in it???]

HINTS: It's pretty certain that what it is is an old magazine; the low price tags of 15 to 20 cents and the dates on the cover should have told you that. The cover material should have easily led you to "Weird"; combining that with some of the authors' names on the covers in a Google search will lead you to "Weird Tales".

PHOTO #104 -- BILLY WEST
-- Billy West is a legend in voiceover acting in Hollywood. He has provided the voices of numerous characters in animation, including Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in the movie Space Jam, Doug Funnie in Nickelodeon's Doug, and even Ralph the Roach on MTV's movie Joe's Apartment. By far, he's most known for being the voice of Stimpson J. Cat in Ren And Stimpy and the voices of Fry, Professor Farnsworth, and Dr. Zoidberg on Futurama. But did you ALSO know Billy has a Weird Al conection?? He also was the voice of the narrator who voiced the "Today's Lesson" for the beginning of each episode of The Weird Al Show!!

HINTS: There were enough characters there that you should have recognized from television. If not, you should have recognized the "Today's Lesson" from The Weird Al Show openings. Searching for any of two of the character's names or even just "Weird Al show narrator" would cause Billy West's name to pop up readily.

PHOTO #105 -- BERMUDA ONION
-- This onion with a flattened top to it is called a Bermuda Onion, which originally came from England but has been strongly associated with Bermuda for many many years. It was later introduced to south Texas in 1894. It is commonly described as a mild-flavored onion shaped like a flattened sphere. Occasionally it refers to a purple-colored onion with a thick root, giving it a lightbulb-like shape. Now, basically ANY flattened onion with a mild sweet flavor to it is commonly referred to as a Bermuda onion. [Vidalia onions are a hybrid of Bermuda onions with Grano onions from Spain.] ... Um ... Okay, now that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about onions, isn't it??? Hey, c'mon, gimme a break! Do you know how few things there are in this world that actually have the name "Bermuda" in them??

HINTS: Okay. It's an ONION. It can't be a JAY ONION ... or an AL ONION ... or a WEST ONION ... or even a WEIRD ONION [though its appearance certainly fits]. What name haven't we used yet? Search "Bermuda" and "onion", and there you go.

Image Image

PHOTO #106 -- "ROCK OF THE WESTIES"
-- This is one of Elton John's classic albums, having been released in 1975. It has several of his now standard songs on it, including "Island Girl", "Grow Some Funk of Your Own", and the oddly named Top 40 tune "I Feel Like a Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford)". It was his seventh consecutive Number One album and his second to debut at Number One on the Billboard charts. [BTW: El? This one was for you! ;) ]

HINTS: If you didn't recognize Elton John, his name was still there on the cover. And if you weren't sure if it was an album cover or a photo of him, the added "sticker" telling you it contained "Island Girl" would have cleared that up. Searching for "Elton John" and "Island Girl" surely would have led you to "Rock Of The Westies".

So again, in summary, the correct answers were:

PHOTO #101 -- JAY JAY THE JET PLANE
PHOTO #102 -- AL JOLSON
PHOTO #103 -- WEIRD TALES
PHOTO #104 -- BILLY WEST
PHOTO #105 -- BERMUDA ONION
PHOTO #106 -- "ROCK OF THE WESTIES"

And the first person to send me all six correct answers was --

weirdallie27!!!

Believe it or not, she sent her answer to me at 9:26 PM EST ... not even AN HOUR after the Challenge was posted!! :whoot: [although, keep in mind, she DID win in the prior "Couch Potato" Challenge #7 a shortcut through the second leg of THIS Challenge!]

And one hour later, at 10:32 PM EST, I received six correct answers from Jackie [DrSteggy]! Those were the only answers -- correct or incorrect -- I received from anyone the night of the Challenge!! In fact, they are the only answers I EVER RECEIVED FROM ANYBODY!! :oo
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

And regarding the "Hidden Prize", the way to get to it was to go this way through the channel flipping in "Couch Potato Revisited":

Channel Flip Up ---> The Drew Carey Show
Channel Flip Up ---> It's the end of Spy HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRD"!
Channel Flip Up ---> Johnny Dangerously
Channel Same ---> YOU FOUND THE HIDDEN PRIZE!!!

There, the instructions told you to finish the first leg, then when you got to Leg #2 "Al-Gebra 102", to write down the letter of all ten of the variab-Als in a row, which were:

A K L O P R S T U V

You then were told to remove the initials of Al's keyboardist, which of course is Ruben Valtierra, or RV], which left you with:

A K L O P S T U

Then, you were to rearrange the remaining eight letters into a song title of Al's, which you can now see was "TALK SOUP"!

The first person to send me this correct title was PManplus65 at 9:57 PM EST the night of the Challenge [August 26th]. Cindy [stupidsurgeon27] was close behind him at 11:14 PM EST. Those were the only two correct answers for the Hidden Prize I received the night of the Challenge, though many people had apparently actually FOUND the "Hidden Prize" site itself. (And yes, Jeremy [Bruce The Duck] got the answer correctly also, but because he and Driew were given the Challenge early to review it for me, they were ineligible to win that prize.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh! You wanna know about the "SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE"??

If you'd gotten through the entire Challenge, you know how I hid the names of the scrambled titles in Leg #3 "ALL FOR TWO & FLOOR WALT" in various places on the website. And you will recall when I made the announcement of the SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE, I said:
there's still a SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE hidden somewhere in the Challenge ...
Well, that was a clue to look in the websites of the Challenge for a similarly hidden link to the SSHP!

And indeed, if you looked carefully on the "Al-Gebra 102" site and hovered your cursor over various underlined words, you'd have seen a LINK in the third paragraph, where it says, "As before, there is NO VARIAB-AL identified as 'X'". If you click on it, you see an error screen. Or IS it?? It's actually a screen grab of an error screen! If you scroll down, you find --- Allison's shortcut through Leg #2 which she won in last Challenge #7 "Couch Potato" [remember, she PICKED this leg BEFORE knowing what each leg would involve!!!]

Okay, so let's try this again. Back to "Al-Gebra 102". Wait a minute! What's that over the line with the variab-Al "O"?? Is that a link in the word "NOT" in the phrase "where the name of the album was NOT also the name of a song on the same album"?? Click on it, and you get to ...

IT'S THE SUPER SECRET HIDDEN PRIZE!! The instructions tell you to go back to "Al-Gebra 102" and, again, write down all ten variab-Al letters:

A K L O P R S T U V

You then again were told to remove the initials of Al's keyboardist, which of course is Ruben Valtierra, or RV], which left you with:

A K L O P S T U

Then, you were ALSO to remove the letters in the name of "the guy in the hot tub", which, thanks to "Party In The Leper Colony", we know is "STU", which NOW leaves you with:

A K L O P

Finally, you were to rearrange the remaining five letters into a word having to do with Al, which you can now see was "POLKA"!

The first person to send me this correct title was ...

NOBODY!!!!!

except for Allison, who already won, like, fifty gazillion prizes .... showoff ...

[Insert favorite "Wheel Of Fish" line here]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Survivors and "audience", I hope you all had a lot of fun playing this Challenge. It was fun for me to set up too!!

And now -- FINALLY! -- on we go with Survivor 3!!!

Doc Probst
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I sent the second hidden thingy to you. :P

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

weirdallie27 @ Sep 2 2004, 12:53 AM wrote: I sent the second hidden thingy to you. :P

~Allison
*sigh*

Yes, yes, yesssss, that's true ... <_<

But we decided you had enough prizes, Ms. Smartie Pants. Remembah?

Alright, alright ... There! Edited! Happy now?!??! ;) :P

Doc Probst

[though, admittedly, I could have saved tons on shipping costs by just simply mailing every single prize to you ... :rolleyes: ]
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I've given away every prize that I already had in my collection to other players. Ya can't say I'm not charitable! :o

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

True, true.

You know I'm just funnin' witcha, huh?

I honestly HAD forgotten that you DID sent me the right answer for the SSHP too ... :lookaround:

Arrrrrggh ... this hosting thing is almost over!! No more kibitzing!! Can't wait!! :P

Doc Probst
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Dr_Dad @ Sep 2 2004, 02:12 AM wrote: You know I'm just funnin' witcha, huh?
Oh, okay. Hehehe. Wasn't sure. :Y

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Welcome, Survivors, to your 10th and FINAL Immunity Challenge!!!

Immunity is once again back up for grabs -- for the last time! Image

The person who wins immunity will be exempt from being voted out at this last Tribal Council and will be assured to be in the Final Two. More importantly, the winner will get to single-handedly choose which of the two remaining Survivors joins them in the Final Two. This is without question the most important Immunity Challenge of the entire game.

This challenge will take place entirely in the WOWAY Chat Room, which you can access by clicking here. After all three remaining Survivors have arrived in the Chat Room and have indicated they are ready to begin, the instructions will be posted, and the Challenge will begin ALMOST IMMEDIATELY afterwards. Observers are welcome in the Chat Room, but NO POSTING OF ANY KIND from anyone other than myself or the three Survivors will be allowed until the Challenge has been declared over! You are asked not to distract the Survivors during the Challenge; they will need a lot of concentration to do this task.

=================================

Survivors, you have three minutes to read these directions and to quickly ask any questions [hopefully there are none] and ponder your strategy. This time limit will be STRICTLY adhered to!!

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE #10 -- "MORE SONGS ABOUT TV [NOT FOOD]"

PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING!

This Final Challenge will be one of speed, accuracy, and recollection.

As soon as the word "GO!!!" appears as a single line by my name here in the chat thread, Survivors have EXACTLY TEN MINUTES to post as many ACCURATE titles of TV shows mentioned within songs performed by "Weird Al" Yankovic as they can. No entries will be accepted later ten minutes later, when I post the word "TIME!!!" in the Chat Room.

You should state the name of the TV program and the song from which it came in the following format:

TV Show Name -- Song by Al

A fake example of this would be:

Fawlty Towers -- Mr Grump In the Big Hotel

The songs used may be of released, unreleased, concert-only, or songs performed only on television or radio programs. However, the name of the song title MUST be with the TV show title, even if they are THE SAME.

You may also use songs by Al that INFER a particular show, but you must name the show and the song title in full. [For instance, if a song by Al called "Boob Tube" used the word "D'oh!" in it, you would use as an answer "The Simpsons -- Boob Tube"; you may mention the line used (here, "D'oh!") if you like, but it is not necessary. If you put the right title and song, I'll know what you mean.]

Spelling is important but not critical; if I can recognize it but you switched just two letters [for instance, to end up spelling "The Sipmsons" instead], I'll allow it. However, if it is horrendously misspelled or otherwise mangled beyond comprehension or recognition, I likely will not allow it. Also, if it is an incomplete title, like "Dave" or "Letterman" instead of "The Late Show with David Letterman", I won't accept it. So be sure of your TV show titles.

You may type in your titles either one at a time, or you may type several in a single post, separating the titles with a single comma or semicolon. The choice is yours.

You will receive one point for being the FIRST to post any correctly spelled and accurate Weird Al song title.

Any song NOT sung by Weird Al; any incorrectly named TV shows; any duplicate TV show /song combo already mentioned; and any TV show/song title posted before my starting line of "GO!!!" or after my finishing line of "TIME!!!" in the Chat Room will receive NO POINTS.

Where there is a dispute on the accuracy of a particular song title, the "Weird Al" Yankovic Songography 17 maintained by Greg Morris will be considered the Final Arbiter. Where there is a dispute on the accuracy of a particular TV show title, the Internet Movie Database [IMDb] will be considered the Final Arbiter.

If possible, I will try my best to keep a running tab on scores and post this during the Challenge once, twice, or more. No promises though; I want to be accurate and fair. If the titles come flying fast and furious, that may not be possible in the heat of the game itself.

This will be a test of speed, endurance, accuracy, and strategy. You must quickly type up as many titles as you can, doing so accurately, and trying NOT to duplicate the answers of others wherever possible.

There's barely enough time to put together your strategy ... because we are now about to begin!!

All right ... for Final Immunity, for a spot in the Final Two, and the chance to control your destiny in Survivor ...

Survivors ready ... and ...

GO TO THE CHAT ROOM!!!

========================
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Below is the transcript of the actual gameplay for Survivor 3 Challenge #10 "MORE SONGS ABOUT TV [NOT FOOD]". Participating were American_Pie [Jordon], DrSteggy [Jackie], and weirdallie27 [Allie27` or Allison]. The game took place on Thursday September 2, 2004 at 9:00 PM EST [delayed for AP's arrival].

<DocProbst> Okay!

<DocProbst> Welcome Survivors to Challenge #10!

* DrSteggy cheers

<Allie27`> weee

<Fintron> hurray

<DocProbst> You will have three minutes to review the rules of the Challenge on the link that will follow this post!

* gtrmu makes the popcorn for the crowd

<DocProbst> Ready?

<Allie27`> yes

<DocProbst> forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=196641

<Allie27`> hmm....

<DocProbst> Understood, Survivors? You have one minute for any quick clarifications before we begin!

<DrSteggy> think so

<American_Pie> Not exactly, what do we have to post, the song name and the TV show it mentions?

<DrSteggy> both

<Allie27`> yea

<DrSteggy> show-song

<DocProbst> Re-read the instructions ... TV show then song ...

<DocProbst> Got it?

<DocProbst> Everyone ready?

<American_Pie> Yup

<DrSteggy> yeah

<DocProbst> Are you ready to play, Survivors?

<American_Pie> Sure

<DrSteggy> yeah

<DocProbst> Okay then, for Immunity and a spot in the Final Two --

<Allie27`> k

<DocProbst> Survivors ready ... and ...

<DocProbst> GO!!!

<DrSteggy> Home Improvement-I'll Repair for you, I love Lucy-Ricky, Brady Bunch-the

Brady Bunch

<Allie27`> Leave it to Beaver- Dare to Be stupid

<American_Pie> The Simpsons- Frank's 2000" TV

<DrSteggy> Jeopardy-I lost on Jeopardy

<American_Pie> Survivor- Couch Potato

<Allie27`> Mister Rogers- The brady bunch

<DrSteggy> THe Tonight Show-Here''s Johnny

*** anthontherun [~[email protected]] has joined #weirdal

<Allie27`> the brady bunch- the brady bunch

<DrSteggy> Wheel of Fortune-Stuck in a closet with vanna white

<American_Pie> The Drew Carey Show- Couch Potato

<Allie27`> Addams Family- The brady bunch

<Allie27`> barney miller- the brady bunch

<DrSteggy> Beverly Hillbillies-Money for nothing/the beverly hillbillies

<DrSteggy> gilligan's island-idle thing

<Allie27`> three's company- the brady bunchy

<DrSteggy> The flintstones-bedrock anthem

<Allie27`> johnny carson- the brady bunch

<DrSteggy> The Simpsons-Frank's 2000 inch TV

<Allie27`> captain kangaroo- the brady bunch

<Allie27`> mr. wizard- cable tv

<American_Pie> Jerry Springer- Jerry Springer

<DrSteggy> Friends-Couch Potato

<Allie27`> jeopardy- i lost on jeopardy

<DrSteggy> America's Funniest Home Videos-I can't watch this

<Allie27`> the price is right- i lost on jeopardy

<American_Pie> E True Hollywood Story- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> Flintstones-Cuoch Potato

<American_Pie> 24- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> Roseanne-I can't watch this

<Allie27`> three's company- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> thirtysomething-I can't watch this

<DrSteggy> twin peaks-I can't watch this

<American_Pie> Law and Order_Couch Potato

<Allie27`> MASH- syndicated inc

<American_Pie> 60 minutes- Couch Potato

<Allie27`> All in the Family- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> Larry King Live-Couch Potato

<Allie27`> the munsters- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> Late night with ddavid letterman-I can't watch this

<DrSteggy> the arsineo hall show-I can't watch this

<Allie27`> Mayberry RFD- syndicated inc

<American_Pie> Are You Hot- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> 24-couch potato

<Allie27`> Jeopary- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> the Drew Carey show-couch potato

<Allie27`> Regis & Kathie Lee- syndicated inc

<American_Pie> Welcome back kotter- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> 8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter-couch potato

<Allie27`> the partridge family- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> celebrity mole-couch potato

<Allie27`> dynasty- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> the Ali G show-couch potato

<Allie27`> laverne and shirley- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> Oprah winfrey show-couch potato

<Allie27`> hard copy- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> American Idol-couch potato

<DrSteggy> the muppet show-cuoch potato

<DrSteggy> the Osboiurnes-couch potato

<DrSteggy> the osbournes-couch potato

<DrSteggy> the anna nicole show-couch potato

<DocProbst> THREE MINUTES LEFT, SURVIVORS!!

<Allie27`> wheel of fortune- syndicated inc

<DrSteggy> king of queens-couch potato

<DrSteggy> the bachelorette-couch potato

<DrSteggy> welcome back kotter-couch potato

<DrSteggy> Will and Grace-couch potato

<Allie27`> gong show- you make me

<DrSteggy> melrose place- couch potato

<DrSteggy> Lost in Space-couch potato

<Allie27`> oprah winfrey- i think i'm a clone now

<DrSteggy> Amazing race-couch potato

<American_Pie> The Amazing Race- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> without a trace-couch potato

<DrSteggy> fear factor-couch potato

<DrSteggy> survivor-couch potato

<American_Pie> Will and Grace- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> entertainment tonight-couch potato

<Allie27`> are you hot- couch potato

<DrSteggy> gilligan's island-couch potato

<DocProbst> ONE MINUTE LEFT, SURVIVORS!!

<DrSteggy> spongebob squarepants-couch potato

<Allie27`> the sopranos- couch potato

<DrSteggy> tonight show with Jay Leno-couch potato

<Allie27`> macgyver- couch potato

<American_Pie> McGuiver- Couch Potato

<DrSteggy> are you hot-couch potato

<DocProbst> 30 SECONDS!!

<Allie27`> drew carey- couch potato

<DrSteggy> the sopranos-copuch potato

<DocProbst> 10 SECONDS!!

<Allie27`> jay leno- couch potato

<DocProbst> TIME!!!

<DrSteggy> dang

<Allie27`> gah

<DocProbst> *whew*

<DocProbst> So, was that intense?

<Allie27`> yes

<DrSteggy> YEAH

<DrSteggy> but COOL

<gtrmu> lol

<DrSteggy> I love that kinda stuff

<gtrmu> i got tired just watching

<Fintron> lol

<DocProbst> Okay, I HAD been keeping up with the scores ... then you guys REALLY

got into it ... so it's gonna take me a few minutes to tabulate this up, okay?

<DocProbst> Hang on for a bit ...

<Allie27`> k

<American_Pie> *pops in New finger 11 CD*

* gtrmu plays some guitar in the corner

<Allie27`> i forgot talk soup...

<anthontherun> I didn't mess anything up by coming during the middle, did I?

<DrSteggy> talk soup doesn't actually reference many shows though

<DrSteggy> though it is a show itself

<gtrmu> nah anth, you were fine

<Allie27`> yes.

<Allie27`> talk soup- talk soup....obvious.

<Allie27`> the exact name of the show had to appear in the song for it to count, right?

<anthontherun> no, since "D'oh!" apparently would have counted for the Simpsons

<anthontherun> looking over it, I think Jackie won

<Allie27`> crap.

<Allie27`> do'h would have counted??

<Allie27`> crap crap crap.

<Allie27`> then i missunderstood.

<anthontherun> "You may also use songs by Al that INFER a particular show, but you must name the show and the song title in full."

<gtrmu> D'oh!!!

<Allie27`> crap crap crap

* gtrmu consoles

<gtrmu> allie

<gtrmu> lol

<Allie27`> i messed up the whole thing that way.

<anthontherun> so who won, Doc?

<DrSteggy> yeah who won?

<DocProbst> Okay, I will check the numbers once again to be sure before I post this in the Game Play Thread

<Manda> Ah

<DocProbst> But I can announce the winners now

<Manda> ok

<DocProbst> Survivors, you named a grand total of 88 shows in 10 minutes in this game.

<DocProbst> Fifteen of them were duplicates.

<DrSteggy> dang

<DrSteggy> that's it for dupes!

<DocProbst> So in 600 seconds, you guys named 73 different TV shows named in Al songs!

<DocProbst> American Pie, you listed 13 songs, 3 of which were duplicates, making your total -- 10 !!

<DocProbst> Allie27`, you listed 29 songs, 5 of which were duplicates, making your total -- 24 !!

<DocProbst> DrSteggy, you listed 46 songs, 7 of which were duplicates, making your total -------- 39 !!!!!

<DocProbst> DrSteggy WINS IMMUNITY !!!!

* DrSteggy cheers

<anthontherun> congrats Jackie!

<Manda> Congrats

* gtrmu throws eggs at jackie j/k

<DocProbst> Congratulations, Jackie!! Wellplayed, indeed!

<DrSteggy> thanks!!

<DocProbst> So, shall we go into Tribal Council now?

<Allie27`> my fingers hurt

<DrSteggy> sure

<DocProbst> LOL

<anthontherun> brb

<DocProbst> Okay then!

==================================================