Survivor 3 Game Play Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Below is the transcript of the Tribal Council Chat for Survivor 3 Challenge #10 "MORE SONGS ABOUT TV [NOT FOOD]". Participating were American_Pie [Jordon], DrSteggy [Jackie], and weirdallie27 [Allie27` or Allison]. The Chat took place on Thursday September 2, 2004 at 9:40 PM EST.

<DocProbst> Welcome, Survivors, to the 10th Tribal Council Chat!

<DocProbst> Though since we had no TC after "Greatest Hits", I guess it's the ninth ... oh well ...

<DocProbst> So, how did you like your last Challenge?

<Allie27`> i'm terrible at stuff like this.

<DrSteggy> I loved it

<DrSteggy> I used to do quiz bowl stuff and I love being under the gun

<DrSteggy> (I also used to be an ER vet )

<DocProbst> LOL

<DocProbst> Obviously YOU loved it, Jackie, Ms. I-got-Immunity-now ....

<American_Pie> Meh, I don't know enough al songs.

<Allie27`> i screwed up on the directions too.

<DocProbst> Was it something similar to what you expected, based on the tree mail clues?

<Allie27`> no.

<DrSteggy> It is totally NOT what I was expecting

<American_Pie> I didn't know what to expect.

<DocProbst> Did the instructions seem confusing? We had to work quickly to start, because I didn't want you guys having a lot of time to do research before we started.

<Allie27`> they did....i really didn't have enough time to read them carefully enough.

<DocProbst> What could have made them clearer?

<Allie27`> more time to read.

<American_Pie> Not really, I got the idea of what we had to do

<DrSteggy> I was OK with directions

<DocProbst> So maybe FIVE minutes to read instead of THREE?

<Allie27`> yea.

<DocProbst> Okay, duly noted.

<Allie27`> i missed the paragraph that said tv show inferences were ok to list.

<American_Pie> me too

<Allie27`> so i was only listing one's with the exact tv show title.

<DocProbst> You were on a roll there, Allison, with the Syndicated Inc TV titles ... NO ONE was listing those ...

<Allie27`> yea, then i ran out. haha.

<DocProbst> AP, you took control starting posts on Couch Potato, then you kind of petered out. What happened?

<American_Pie> My mind went blank.

<DocProbst> 'Cause you only have got one brain to rot?

<DrSteggy> lol

<DocProbst> Sorry, couldn't resist ...

<American_Pie> The weird thing is I heard Lose Yourself on the way to get my school stuff

<DocProbst> Jackie, you were just posting like a woman possessed at the end there. I couldn't keep up!

<DrSteggy> I am a woman possesed, Doc

<DocProbst> LOL ... Well, that explains it then ...

<DocProbst> Any other comments anyone has about the Challenge itself before we move on?

<Allie27`> good enough

<DocProbst> If not, then any comments about Survivor 3 so far before we have our Final TC?

<DrSteggy> I enjoyed Survivor 3

<DrSteggy> it was fun

<DrSteggy> Ihad a good time

<DrSteggy> though I will be happy to have Monday night back

<gtrmu> anyone have any advice for an entering newbie for survivor 4?

<Allie27`> be smart.

<DocProbst> Any thing any of you would like to see different about it? Advice for the chumps, I mean, brave folks taking on Survivor 4?

<anthontherun> As a behind-the-scenes guy in Survivor 4, my advice is just don't get too comfortable...

<DrSteggy> no

<DrSteggy> stay on the ball

<American_Pie> Have fun.

<DocProbst> Okay then!

<DocProbst> Are we ready for our last Tribal Council as Minstrels?

<Allie27`> sure

<American_Pie> yup

<DrSteggy> YEAH!

<anthontherun> I thought that was the Tribal Council...

<DocProbst> Jackie, you have Immunity. Since AP would vote for Allison and Allison for AP, YOURS is the only vote that counts.

<DrSteggy> right-o

<DocProbst> I will give Allison and AP a moment to make their case as to why you should bring each of them with you to the Final Two.

<DocProbst> Allison? AP? You have three minutes each to convince Jackie here in this thread that you are the best person to bring with her to the Final Two. Allison, you can start anytime. AP, you'll follow Allison.

<DocProbst> Whenever you're ready, Allison.

<Allie27`> Well, I feel I've been instrumental in our getting this far. Winning the amount of challenges we have has made, up to this point, voting go the way we wanted for every TC.

<DocProbst> Well put. Anything else, Allison?

<Allie27`> I'm a woman of few words, I guess.

<DocProbst> Fair enough. American Pie, are you ready to make your case to Jackie?

<American_Pie> I think that the main thing in this game is to do what you need to do to win, Jackie I have loved talking to you and feel I have made a friend. So all I have to say is do what you feel you need to do.

<DocProbst> Very nice.

<DocProbst> Any last words, Survivors?

<DrSteggy> nah

<DocProbst> If not, then, Jackie, it's your turn. You need to PM me with your choice of which of our last two Survivors -- American_Pie or weirdallie27 -- you wish to VOTE OFF tonight [NOT who you wish to keep with you in the Final Two!]. You may msg me here for your convenience.

<DocProbst> when I've received Jackie's vote, I will post this Tribal Council Chat transcript in the Challenge #10 Game Play thread and then the results of the Tribal Council #10.

<DocProbst> Survivors, I have received DrSteggy's vote. Please check the Challenge #10 Game Play Thread in a few minutes for the result.

<DocProbst> Thanks to everyone for playing tonight!

====================================================
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #10 RESULTS

[Click here to enjoy some music while you await the results.]

I've now tallied the vote -- yes, the VOTE. Once the vote is read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

Again, a reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!!

I'll read the vote.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the vote.)

weirdallie27

and the sixth Survivor voted out of the MINSTREL Tribe and the fifth AND FINAL official member of our Survivor 3 Jury is:

weirdallie27

weirdallie27, you need to bring me your torch and relinquish your Survivor Avatar.

weirdallie27, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread.

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!
And DrSteggy, remember to again remove your immunity avatar and return to your tribe avatar as soon as possible after this TC. Click here to find your tribal avatar quickly.

And now, Manda, stupidsurgeon27, AlsGal27, WeirdAlFanatic27, and weirdallie27 -- you five now have formed our Jury. It will be your important task to determine a winner at the end of this game in the Final Tribal Council coming up, so knowing how the others have played will help you to decide which of the Final Two Survivors deserves the Grand Prize.

Jurors, PLEASE do not send in your choice to me just yet!!
I will post an announcement and give you further information via PM on the procedure to follow for this Final TC in a future post!

Click here to end this Tribal Council appropriately.
[Thanks again, Driew!!]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL COMMENTS:

Well, Survivors, you've made it to the end. Now, your destiny lies in the hands of those you had a hand in voting out. We are about to crown the Sole Survivor of Weird Al Survivor 3. Now, take some time to relax and reflect. And also be thinking of how you can convince our Jury to choose you to be the Sole Survivor.

Grab your torches. You can both head back to camp. Good night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Stabbed in the back....but I'm on the jury now.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Ooh! That was cold, Jackie! I like the way you play, girl! >:)
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Just like in real life.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Man! The people who deserve to win always get third place! Allie, me, Mr. Carl... ;)
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

:lol: Yeah, Mr. Carl DEFINATELY deserved to win! :lol:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Look out final two, Allie looks p.o.'d in her jury avatar...

Let's hope for a Sue Hawk-esque speech!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

You want me to say it, Anth? No snakes in this game, but she's definitely a rat. There ya go.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
=====================

[Click here to get in the proper spirit of the game.]

Welcome to FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL.

This is how we will vote:

Each of you JURORS will send me a Private Message with the name of the person you want to WIN THE GAME! Please use their actual SCREENNAME, so that it will be easier for me to tally the votes. You can include a reason if you'd like, but you don't have to.

Jurors, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR VOTES NOW!!
Once all the five votes have been cast, I will tally and then read the votes.

Each of you will send me a Private Message through WOWAY with the name of the Survivor you want to WIN THE GAME. Again, tonight you are NOT voting someone out -- you are voting FOR a WINNER. Please use their actual SCREENNAME [NOT their real name or Survivor nickname], so that it will be easier for me to tally the votes. As always, you may include a reason if you'd like, but it is not necessary, and no comments in your note to me will be mentioned to anyone else during this Tribal Council. Once all the votes have been cast, I will tally and read the votes and then announce the Survivor 3 Winner.

REMEMBER -- THIS ROUND YOU ARE VOTING *FOR* THE WINNER OF SURVIVOR!!!

ELIGIBLE SURVIVORS:

American_Pie
DrSteggy

THE FINAL JURY:

Manda
stupidsurgeon27
AlsGal27
WeirdAlFanatic27
weirdallie27

=========================================================================

Jurors, you have now heard the pleas of both of our Final Survivors. Your questions have been answered, and the game is nearly at an end. Only one last item of business remains -- the casting of YOUR VOTES for the ULTIMATE SURVIVOR!!!

Starting right now, please send in your votes as soon as possible to me via WOWAY PM for the Survivor you wish to see crowned as the Sole Survivor for Weird Al Survivor 3!!!

It is ... time for you to vote.

=========================================================================