Generic Al Blather 2.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Ha! Thats a funny story! Although it's probably exaterated, the only time I ordered from amazon.co.uk to the US it came in a couple of days. Maybe they feel bad about that whole "American Revolution" thing and know they're paying back in shipping times! :P
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Since we are talking about internatioanl fans, I was curious if Europe and Asia and all those other continents had their own version of Al. I know there are parodists everywhere, but is there like a Sudanese guy who has had a long career doing parodies? Or is Al like the only long timer who stayed successful?
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

We've had a couple but no-one really cares.

Parodies don't go down too well here. Don't know why.

Though for some strange reason, Al has a huge fanbase here. Very paradoxical!
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Mystik Tomato @ Aug 16 2006, 11:00 PM wrote: Anyway, Al was mentioned on Aussie TV today! :whoot:
And I have the video:

http://www.scottidog.com/mewrio/downloads/anagram.avi - right click and Save As. Nearly 4mb.
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

They used a couple of his songs on last year's Big Brother UK. Just remembered that. I thought it was an insult to Al. But still ran around my house yelling at my mum "OMG! Weird Al!!!!"

And there's a Scottish comedy called Still Game and there was an episode in which the two main characters (along with the regulars) are stranded on a bus with a weirdo driver and for the ad they used "Another One Rides The Bus" :D
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Thanks, Mewrio! I love it how he thinks Al, he thinks Fat. It always seem people either associate him with "Fat" or "Eat It".
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

The Simpsons episode "3 Gays Of The Condo" was on Sky One here in the UK last night...... but thanks to kickboxing, I missed it again!

I really need to get it on DVD. <_<
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

This one's ready to be put out to pasture...check out the new Generic Al Blather 3.0 topic in General Chat!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;