The Big Introduction Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

[Central] The big new people introduction topic

Post by WHiZZi »

Hi there,

This is the big new people introduction topic. Here you can tell about yourself if you just being registered onto this forum..

You must read this about the rules. You should also read our Frequently Asked Questions about how the topics work. Also, scottidog made a real good FAQ about putting pictures in posts. You can find that here.

If you want to open a topic. Great. But you should look in all the forums if your topic-idea isn't already there. There's no need to open up two or more topics about 1 subject.

Whenever there's a new album, there is a chance that people won't like it if they already know what's on the new album. We will open a central topic for it. Don't open up the so called 'spoiler topics' until the album is in the store. Respect other people's wishes about knowing or not knowing about the tracks on the new Album.

Have fun on the forum, it's a great place.

Now, let's go on to the new people. Tell something about yourself, your relation to Al, age, school.... whatever..

:)
erkman27
Regular

The 27-minute long story...

Post by erkman27 »

Hey there everyone! This is Erik aka erkman27. I'm 23 and have been an Al-Aholic since the age of (I think I said 6 before but is actually) 8 after listening to "Fat" from a copy of "Even Worse" a friend made for me before I moved away from him. And here's the story that I will tell my grandkids and they will commonly refer to it as the Alcon Story I'm sure. So here goes....

I had decided from day 1 of hearing about The First Ever Weird Al Yankovic Convention that I had to be a participant! I began the plan: My girlfriend, best friend and I would take the Amtrak to the hotel in Chicago, spend the night, party all day at Alcon, then come back that night. Well...first of all my Dad was NOT happy with this idea. He not only nearly disowned me but forbid me to ever speak of Al around him EVER again. Well...as any true Al fan in this situation..I decided to go anyway. We arrived no problem from a relaxing trip on Amtrak and made our way to the hotel. I strolled up to the front desk, told them who I was and that I had a reservation.(I had reserved months in advance) The guy behind the desk started looking around behind me and asked, "Uhm, may I ask where your parents are?" To which I patiently replied, "Uh, no, they're not here. I'm 18." Desk guy: "Oh my..I"m sorry, someone should have informed you. You have to be 21 to check into a hotel." He also said we cold still get in..but we'd have to have someone over 21 sign us in. I was like holy frikkin monkey! After all I had gone through with trip preparation and stuff with my Dad and now this! Well...I wasn't leaving. Not until me and my friends got to enjoy all the splendor of Alcon! So I told the guy we were going to hang out for a bit while we figured out what the heck to do. So while we hung out in the hotel lobby I had an epiphany-my best friend's dad used to be a state trooper-so...maybe I could have him call the hotel manager and work things out. Well, it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. The hotel manager and his dad ended up in quite an argument over the phone and still we sat in the lobby...UNTIL....About an hour later the manager got another call from none other than the Chief of the Chicago Police saying he would personally sign us in when he got off his beat. Unfortunately that was 3am! After what seemed like forever later, me, my girlfriend and my best friend still lay asleep in the hotel lobby across from 2 other guys who seemed to be in a similar predicament, the officer arrived and we were off to get some much needed sleep. We awoke the next morning eager to enjoy the fruits of our patient labor...and my friend suddenly decided he didn't feel good and that he was going to hang out in the hotel room. Oy vey!!! Anyway..thanks to Amanda Cohen, I was an Alcon volunteer so I went to start helping set up. Later...well into Alcon's events..a video was played with Al saying hello to everyone and that he would love to be there. Then as in a deeply seeded dream of everyone there he said something to the effect of, "Welllll...maybe I will join you." Knowing at that point what I had suspected from hearing about the convention on day 1 I knew he was about to come out so I sped with fire under my feet, camera ready to the stage...just as Al came out on it!!! So right after that he, of course, did the autograph session, and let whoever had a camera (me) take a pic with him!(thus the avatar-thanks again scottidog for helping me put it up!) We were then treated to twinkies and afterwards he just hung out and talked to all of us at his leisure. What a guy! So that's my incredibly long story. Hope I didn't bore you all to death lol. :sleepy:

-Erik
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

HI!

um...I've been here for a few weeks now, but I never introduced myself. So...here I am!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Hi

Post by Elvis »

Hi, my name's Dave. I've been posting here for about a year and a half, but I've never introduced myself, so Hi!

*whew* glad I finally cleared that up.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Hello everyone,

:whaasup:

I'm Melissa. Been here a few weeks myself, never introduced myself either.
POLKA PIT!

Post by POLKA PIT! »

Hi...this is my first post :crazy: My name is phil. Uh..thats it for now
deagh
Occasional

Post by deagh »

Hi all,

My name is Laura, aka Deagh, and I've been posting a while, but never officially introduced myself.

I'm 32, and I've been a Weird Al fan for about 19 years now. I didn't discover him right when he first came out, but pretty close. The fact that I wasn't in on it from the beginning does bum me out a bit :huh: but what can I do?

I have to say I'm one of those women who thinks Al is a babe :inlove: , but I know I need to keep it in the fantasy world. (Now that he's married that's my excuse, but before that it was just "yeah, right, like he'd ever go for *you*" I like the married excuse better, since it is easier on the self-esteem. :)
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

Hi, I'm Billy. I'm 24, and I've been an AL fan for as long as I can remember!

8 days!

Check out my little Poodle Hat MODEDIT: Spoiler deleted.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

and I've been an AL fan for as long as I can remember!

8 days!

You can't remember further back than 8 days?! :lol:

Dave
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

You can't remember further back than 8 days?! :lol:

Dave

Yeah, it's a very rare condition! :lol: :satisfied: