The Big Introduction Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

*steps into bright light* uhh hi.....

my name's Sarah, and I am hopelessly addicted to Al....I got into Al when my dad bought running with scissors for himself...I stole the tape (we were techinilogically behind) and pretended not to like it, but I became addicted and quicky mastered all the songs on it...I moved on to used CD's I found at a local music store, still my parents unaware....they were shocked when they found out my secret.....and my dad loved that we had something in common....now I'm an addict, and can't wait to go to the concert in Oklahoma City.....wheeee

Sarah
Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Let's doing it the old fashioned way:

1. state your tsphub name.

*blank stare like a cow looking on an incomming train*

my what name? Is that a spoon?

2. what's your real name?

Chris

3. where are you from?

Switzerland.. well at least one half :)

4. age/birthday?

1977 June 7

5. email address?

That one you only get when you're real pretty... :P

5. icq #, or aim SN...?

nope

6. favorite bands?

Weird Al' Yankovic, Violent Femmes, Cantaloop, Alanis Morrisette, REM, US3, Live, and many more

7. sp/zwan concerts attended?

None

8. best concert evar attended?

Weird Al doesn't come to Europe very often so the best Concert was

a Concert by Cantaloop (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 34-0875658 It was a small concert (only around 300 People) I could chat with the band afterwards and I also met my ex-GF there..

9. Favorite Al-Songs:

You don't love me Anymore, One more minute, A-L-B-U rKörki, It's all about the pentiums (hey I'm a programmer)

10. any other interesting facts that you'd like to state about yourself?

- I could jump over 2.08 m (around 6' 5")

- Mandrake was one of the first Comic-Superheros if not THE first. The name comes from Mandragoria wich is a plant wich can be used as a Toxin, Drug, Wichcraft, BAN ME I'M A BOT (just can't spell the Aphrodisiacum'ish word I'd be suppose to use)

- [Matrix_NeoMode.start()] I know Capoeira [Matrix_NeoMode.stop()]

- According to the Game I realy don't know Al, but he doesn't know me so I guess that's fair.
BathTub
Occasional

Post by BathTub »

Let's doing it the old fashioned way:

1. state your tsphub name.

*blank stare like a cow looking on an incomming train*
my what name? Is that a spoon?
from my previous post
(the Smashing Pumpkins / Zwan Direct Connect Hub for downloading (legal) Audio & Video, website @ http://www.bystarlite.com/tsphub/ )

tsp = The Smashing Pumpkins
Danpjames
Occasional

Post by Danpjames »

Hi, my names Daniel. Im 18 from England. I just registered, this is my 2nd post, my first post being my review of Poodle Hat in another topic. I haven't been a fan for THAT long, altho i have known of Weird Al since the i saw the video for Eat It, but i can't remember much since i was only a little child. But a few years ago i downloaded a few weird al songs and videos (I couldn't find any Weird Al albums anywhere). Soon after, i went to America where my brother bought Bad Hair Day and Running With Scissors, which i listened to and loved. Soon after i bought his Greatest Hits II on eBay (as well as a used pink Bathrobe and slightly damaged golf bag) and that was great. Then the most great thing ever i discovered... www.play.com. It has i think all of weird als cds! Finnally a place where i can buy his stuff, so every couple of months after that i bought a weird al cd. I still dont have all of them yet. Another great thing about them is i got Poodle hat on my door step on the Friday 16th before the release date. Yaay. Anyway im boring, cya in the forums.
Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

from my previous post
I Admit it, as I didn't read the whole thing I thought that Question list was one wich normaly stands in the beginning of a thread... So my ex-gf was right.. I actualy should stop thinking ;P[/quote]
---------------------------

I'm a wannabe Hero,

with dreams from Hollywood

and a life from McDonalds
blind lemon

Post by blind lemon »

Hi. I just found this forum a couple of days ago. I've seen Al in concert twice (in Fresno) and can't wait to see him again. I don't see that Fresno is on his list of tour dates, yet. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and I'm so glad to have found this!!
B0b Frankend0rfer

Post by B0b Frankend0rfer »

Howdy folks. I just stumbled across this forum the other day and thought I'd sign up. (Honestly, it was the chat with Bermuda this evening that sealed the deal ;))

I'm 20 years old and have been a huge fan of Al's for years. I started getting into him with "Bad Hair Day". I listened to the CD so many times, it corrupted my youth. I immediately went out and started buying up all of Al's other Al-bums after that, indulging in them around the clock until I could sing along with all the lyrices by heart. I know, I am a geek. But who here isn't?

I'm going to my first concert this July. I live on Long Island and Al is playing the Westbury Music Fair. Once I go there one of my lifelong dreams will be met. Hopefully, I can meet Al, that would be great!

MODEDIT: Spam deleted.

I hope to have fun here on the board.
Alison
Occasional

Post by Alison »

Thought I'd introduce myself too. Warning: LONG post.....read at your own risk of EXTREME boredom!

My name IS really Alison, but I am "Ali" to most friends and have ALways been plain "Al" to my family. I use "Ali&son(s)" here because, like "picklenose", I the parent of TWO sons (12 & 14) who stand OVER my shoulder reading ALL my messages & posts, and have to be into EVERYTHING I do regarding Al. But, of course, they LOVE to say Mom is the ONE obsessed with "Weird Al" ..........yada yada yada!

Last spring we all traveled to ALCON and this summer we are ALL going to the concerts together. My DREAM of tour hopping with a group of fellow middle aged "Al obsessed gals" has once again fallen through. :)

My husband also loves to push my buttons about Al. He is more of a "closet fan" like the boys. Still, reading glasses perched on his nose- he read every last bit of info on PH the minute he came home from work Tuesday. And every since Kilborn-he has enjoyed torturing me with "that's not my cup of tea" comments! :crazy:

So, it seems we are a family of WAY fans, but I am the one willing to go public. Trust me- it was my son, NOT me who had to scour the internet in search of PH tracks BEFORE May 20th, he was the HOOLIGAN- not me!

Anyway- I am one of the more "senior" fans here. Yep- WAY over 13......in fact I am a few years OLDER than Al and the band! My earlier music was a WIDE variety- Beatles, Cream, Hendrix with a BIG emphasis on Zappa and Jefferson Airplane. In fact, I was somewhat of an Airplane "groupie" and as a teen tried to "sneak" out to every concert I could. I followed them into the Starship years, but never was a fan of their music once the '80s hit.

Growing up on Long Island, I was fortunate to see a huge number of incredible shows in the late 60's and 70's. Hendrix and Zappa at the Filmore East, Doors somewhere on Staten Island......Airplane all over the place, Beach Boys, Turtles ........well the FREE concerts in Central Park were fantastic back then! After college, in my former life, I lived outside of Boston with my ex ( a blues drummer) . Long story- NO need to go into detail, but I did work an extra job ( or two) as sole support of the band and to keep my ex supplied with necessary drum sticks and heads. (Local gigs = uncovered expenses) Hey- at least I can laugh about it now!

I have been living in south-western New Hampshire for about 24 years. I work the 7pm-7am shift as a nurse in the local ER. I Love my job. Well, that's what I tell myself anyway. I do get an enormous sense of satisfaction helping save lives. The health care CRISIS itself is downright frustrating! :(

In the late 80's and early 90's I was some what outta the loop for music in general. Real life got in the way. My older son spent 3+ years on chemotherapy and we are blessed with his remission from leukemia. Our struggles with issues, such as this, have made Al and his music even more important to our family. We learned long ago that life is too important to be taken too seriously. I mean, of course, NOT to sweat the small stuff.

Most of our family and friends think we are all NUTS. We like that! We will be traveling to Tonawanda for our first show (spending part of the week vacationing with Debby's "Justmac27" family). We are also getting to the Hampton Beach (love that venue), Westbury (both) and Woodstock shows. Wish we could see more, but that IRL job gets in the way!

Well- I am sure this was MUCH more than you ever wanted to know.....but I have to add :)

......maybe I NEVER got to see a Beatles, Stones or Ozzy concert

BUT...... I did GET to see Boy George in 1984! LOL ( dragged by a younger friend BUT you know........ I LOVED the show! )

~Ali
Finrod

Post by Finrod »

Hey people! My name is Sean, and I'm 20 years old. I have been listening to Weird Al forever, I was raised up listening to Al! I have all of his CDs, taped all of the episodes of The Weird Al show (yayaya!) :D and have been to many many concerts! haha well I guess I just had to proof how much of a fan I am! I wish I would have found this forum sooner! *goes and posts a billion messages*

Oh yeah, Poodle Hat is excellent!!

/Sean
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hey newbies, welcome!!

I'm not a newbie to the forum (been here since August 2002) which is just about as long as I've been and Al fan. I have been aware of Weird Al Yankovic for years, but I fell hard for his music and eventually for him and TBITB just recently.

I'm not 13, but not as old as Al. He's eight years older than I am, as always you do the math.

I am eagerly awaiting my first concert and live glimpse of Mr. Smoooooooth this summer at the San Luis Obispo show. Where I also hope to meet some of the WOWAYers.

Well, that's me...

Bobbi

aka Scottidog, Queen of Verbosity.