The Big Introduction Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

hey, call me jmbs. I've been a fan forever, I have 16 cds total, (including Peter and the Wolf), and I just got Poodle hat today. Some of my main musical influences I have Al to thank for, because he was the first music I ever listened to, and I might not have liked some great bands if I hadn't heard his parodies. But other influences include Tool, Primus, The Doors, and Group X (Check them out at www.groupxarab.com and download all their stuff; they're hilarious!)
BathTub
Occasional

Post by BathTub »

ok I signed up a while ago but I guess I haven't introduced myself and since I did it for another board I will paste it over here :)

1. state your tsphub name. (the Smashing Pumpkins / Zwan Direct Connect Hub for downloading (legal) Audio & Video, website @ http://www.bystarlite.com/tsphub/ )

BathTub

2. what's your real name?

Nigel McNaughton

3. where are you from?

Palmerston North, New Zealand

4. age/birthday?

1978-02-15 (25)

5. email address?

[email protected]

5. icq #, or aim SN...?

icq 3717354

6. favorite bands?

'Weird Al' Yankovic, Smashing Pumpkins ,Zwan, Depeche Mode, David Bowie

7. sp/zwan concerts attended?

never been

8. best concert evar attended?

only been to 2, 1 for PUSA and 1 for 'Weird Al', 'Weird Al's was better

9. website/bootlist url if you have one.

http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~bathtub/boots.html

10. any other interesting facts that you'd like to state about yourself?

I currently work for the national telephone monopoly on Directory assistance while finishing my Technology Degree (Btech)

any questions?
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Hi there, I'm Jenni AKA Stupidhippie. I'm 28, married (he doesn't like Al) and we have 2 kids (they love him!). My 2 year old can't say AL so she calls him "OW" She also like to try to sing Albuquerque which sounds funnier than the song itself. My other daughter is 7 so I have a living 27 in my house for a while. LOL! I have loved Weird Al FOREVER! I remember finding Dr. Demento totally by accident one night when I was supposed to be going to sleep. I started taping it and showing my parents. That was how they found out I wasn't sleeping OOPS. DUMB BLONDE peeking through. Yes I really am blonde. not bottle blonde. Although about a year ago I opted for artificial intelligence and dyed my hair red. It didn't work. The "Permanent" color washed out over time and so did the knowledge. LOL OK mental detour. I have only seen Al and the boys once in 2000 but I will see him again on June 27. 27!!! :onfire: Al has been a great influence to me. Musical and otherwise. He is proof that you can be yourself and people will love you for that. I write and create music. I used to have a band a few years ago. Now it's just me and my computer. I post it on the net. I only have four songs right now. Loops are very limiting. I can't play any instruments. None of it is humorous. All of it is origional. I'm just not as talented as the man we all love. My favorite song is "Yoda". I also love "Mr Frump and His Iron Lung"!! :P But the song that describes me the best is "I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead". That's the great thing about kids. I don't have to mellow out. You can be crazy and gross and weird...and they think it's the coolest! 8) O.K. enough of me. Let's hear from more of our fellow stupids. I love getting to know all of you. And if anybody is going to the Kalamzoo concert on June 27 I hope we get a chance to meet. That would be too cool.

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

I guess I'll do this too, since I've only been kicking around this place for a little over a month without a formal introduction...

So hi! I'm Adrian. I'm (almost) 24 (as of the 7/20 Holmdel, NJ concert :biggrin:), and I've been an Al fan since I was, oh, 8ish. I still remember it well--mom called me to the TV to "see the guy making fun of Michael Jackson".. the video was Fat, and a lifelong Al fan was born!

And that's all I have to say about that.

Adrian
Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username »

Hello, I'm James. I'm 27 and I like to lose money on the internet. I've been a fan since I first saw this guy dressed like Michael Jackson singing about a sandwich.

Here's a neat fact: If you went to see UHF at the theater, chances are, I was the other guy you saw there that day. Nice to meet you again!

I can honestly say that Weird Al is pretty much responsible for turning me on to almost every kind of music I like today.

And for all of the ladies here: First of all, who knew? Second, if any of you work in the Gailmore building, consider this a proposal.
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

Call me Spam.. Yeah that's it'... been an all fan for a while.. Have determined I am.. a skitzo.. no really.. so for the past year or so I have been living a lie.. *twirls finger* and haven't been around forums or stuff much. But some people might remember me.

Can you tell I'm having a bad day? I have issues.

swf seeking male who is not afraid of her. Comes with a zoo of pets, a huge al collection, 5 comic books, and a bottle of zoloft
aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

MODEDIT: You don't have to shout. Deleted all
A chicken that barks like a dog cannot get to the other side of the road.
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

WHY AM I SO ALONE!!!!????

I can't go outside, I'm scared I might not make it home.
planetshadow
Occasional

Hello!

Post by planetshadow »

Hi All! My name is Dan...I have been a Weird Al Fan for a long long long time. I can remember my brother playing Dr Demento with some of Al's pre-stardom songs. Ive been hooked ever since. In all the glamour of snoody Hollywood, Im glad there is one down to earth artist who people like me can appreciate and relate to. I tell people all the time that his musical stylings take a certain perception to understand his true comedy.

While most people dont quite understand some of his songs, I think for the most part they are genius. I think Al is a Monarch and an important part of music history. I just found this forum and I'm glad to be here!

Look forward to talkign with all you!

-Dan

PlanetShadow

Proud Weird Al Fan Since 1983
picklenose

Post by picklenose »

Hi I'm new here. I probably should have PICKED a better alias! But PICKLENOSE it is and now I'm stuck with it!

Southern California is where I'm at. I have two teenage kids who USED to love going to AL concerts when they were younger but now they think they're TOO COOL and they won't admit to their friends that they saw AL at the Orange County Fair and the Greek Theater recently. DAD had to rush out and buy Poodle Hat the very first day it came out while they pretended they didn't care. But I know they're sneaking listens while I'm at work!