Make The Rock Hall Weird!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Goofball0427 @ May 23 2008, 05:18 PM wrote: I just have one question. Does it matter what kind of camera you use? All I have it a cheap digital camera. The video quality is pretty good, though.
This is an excellent question. I don't know how many editing enthusiasts we have on the forum, so what I can accept might very well change if someone else comes on board with another program, but at the moment right now I use Pinnacle's Studio.

If one is using tape I can pretty much accept anything: VHS, Beta, etc.

If someone wants to just send an actual video file, Studio can handle either .AVI or .MPG files (as in MPG-2 format).

I can convert YouTube files to MPG, but I don't know at the moment what something like that would look like when blown up to a normal picture size. Probably quite smeary and murky.

As far as digital cameras go, I don't know just yet. When I use my digital camera (as in my photo camera, not my digital video camera) to take video, it outputs it as a Quicktime file, so I don't know if that's standard for smaller cameras. I can, however, sniff around to see if I can find some sort of conversion software, but again, I can't guarantee that it will look like anything too hot or would be useable.
Twinkies Are Yucky @ May 25 2008, 03:45 PM wrote: When should we start making the videos?
Hey, if you have an idea or if you had people in mind to speak on-camera, feel free to start as soon as possible. Just PM me beforehand.

And yes, Nancy, please feel free to talk to your friend and see what they can come up with. :)
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I could help in some ways. I might be able to convince my friend who has a video camera to let me use it to the one show it looks I'll be able to attend.

Or else I can help in terms of script writing maybe or idea generation. I may not have had movie script writing experience, but I've done plenty of news/video editing. I know quite a few do's and dont's of video editing.

I can help in any creative storming you might want.

As I don't have any access to the software I had before from my university because I graduated...so no access to the rooms anymore.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

I can help, too! I was planning to take a camera to the Scranton show anyway, so this'll turn out fine!
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

I have some artistic ability, I can whip up an Al drawing pretty quick, I have a camera (with somewhat limited space) and have video editing software, if any of those capabilities are needed 8)
Oh snap!
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

I'm willing to help. I'll ask some of my local friends to help out. I'm going to 2 shows, so I'll bring my camera to those as well.
07: 5/5, 8/6
08: 7/9, 7/11
09: Al Fest 8/1, Al's Brain 8/2
10: 6/17, 6/19, 6/25, 6/27, 9/4
11: 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 7/13
12: 5/11
15: 6/13, 6/16, 7/31
16: 9/23
18: 3/16
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

stupidsurgeon27 @ May 25 2008, 10:04 PM wrote: Or else I can help in terms of script writing maybe or idea generation. I may not have had movie script writing experience, but I've done plenty of news/video editing. I know quite a few do's and dont's of video editing.

I can help in any creative storming you might want.
Excellent, thank you. :) I want as many people to be involved with this as possible, so by all means, if anyone has any ideas on subjects to tackle or angles to pursue, let's hear them! :)
WAYFan @ May 27 2008, 01:46 PM wrote: I can help, too! I was planning to take a camera to the Scranton show anyway, so this'll turn out fine!
Oh cool, thanks!!

Anyone else going to Scranton want to give him a hand?
addictedtoyankovic @ May 27 2008, 01:57 PM wrote: I have some artistic ability, I can whip up an Al drawing pretty quick, I have a camera (with somewhat limited space) and have video editing software, if any of those capabilities are needed 8)
The most important thing we'll need is fan footage. Fans talking about Al on camera, fans showing off their artwork...heck, if a bunch of fans were making a loosely connected parade float and wanted to tape their progress, let's see it!
jbracciante @ May 28 2008, 08:09 AM wrote: I'm willing to help. I'll ask some of my local friends to help out. I'm going to 2 shows, so I'll bring my camera to those as well.
Great! Which two shows are you planning on hitting? I ask because I'd like to follow the same pattern as last year by making up roll calls, schedules for the web site, etc.

Speaking of which, I'll hopefully be able to get the web site, MySpace, etc. all updated with info on the current project by Monday or Tuesday of next week. And those who volunteered last year know where to go as well.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

QUOTE (jbracciante @ May 28 2008, 08:09 AM)
I'm willing to help. I'll ask some of my local friends to help out. I'm going to 2 shows, so I'll bring my camera to those as well.

Great! Which two shows are you planning on hitting? I ask because I'd like to follow the same pattern as last year by making up roll calls, schedules for the web site, etc.

I'll be at Atlantic City on July 9th, and Baltimore July 11th.
07: 5/5, 8/6
08: 7/9, 7/11
09: Al Fest 8/1, Al's Brain 8/2
10: 6/17, 6/19, 6/25, 6/27, 9/4
11: 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 7/13
12: 5/11
15: 6/13, 6/16, 7/31
16: 9/23
18: 3/16
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

I'll be at the Baltimore show as well.
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

I'll be in Scranton if WAYfan needs a hand.
We don't fight, we all play nice
living in an Amish paradise
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

I'll be in Atlantic City on 7/9!