Make The Rock Hall Weird!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Album sales don't matter at all. The Ramones are probably the worst selling band to be in the Hall (I'm not knocking them, of course, but they never did sell that many albums)..

And isn't Tony Basil, who did the 'Mickey' song (which was, incidently, parodied by Al), in the Hall? And she's basically only remembered for that one hit (though she has been a choreographer for other stars). I think it would be terrible if Al was not inducted whithin the next 5-10 years... he's eligible and still performing! I don't even think Van Halen is performing anymore... nor were most singers/groups when they got inducted.

Al should go in, he deserves it.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Toni Basil has an exhibit, meaning they discuss her in the "more recent than 1978" part of the museum. she isnt inducted yet.

hey, i'm going to the museum next week.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Toni Basil has an exhibit, meaning they discuss her in the "more recent than 1978" part of the museum. she isnt inducted yet.

Hmm... when I heard her talking about her song in VH-1's '100 Greatest 1 Hit Wonders,' she said something along the lines that she was happy to be in the Hall... I took it as in she was inducted... strange.

Hey, while you're at the Hall, wear something that says "Vote Al In!" That would rock (no pun intended)!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I think her being "in" the Rock Hall was referring to the Hall's One Hit Wonders exhibit (if they even still have that)....in which "Mickey" is featured.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I posted the following in a separate thread, but the moderators decided that just because I am talking about the same building as this thread discusses, it must go in this thread as well. In actuality, this topic has nothing to do with getting Al into the Hall of Fame, which is a separate entitiy from the Museum itself, but for whatever reason I have to post this in this thread instead....

I just returned from my trip to Cleveland to visit the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. I looked high and low to find mention of Al inside the museum and here's my story...

I went inside and there was a Goldmine used record show. Sure enough, one of the featured speakers was our very own Chuck Miller. I couldn't find him anywhere but he was apparently there that day. So first things first I search the records and I find no Weird Al records, but I did find someone with a comedy collection. No Al though.

I walk through the amazing museum, which was definately among the best museums I've ever seen. No Al, but I see in person the actual Talking Heads "big" costume and the actual Devo "yellow" costume.

Finally, I find the only mention of Al in the entire museum. During the music video section there's a video playing with 2 second clips of various videos. Right before "Bad" plays, they show "Fat."

Anyway, good museum. Good trip. Let's get Al inducted.
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

From Ask Al

QUOTE When was the first time you realized you were a \"star\"?  

I guess it was when Paul McCartney noticed me at a party and said, \"Hey! It's Weird Al!!\"

Well, we have at least one character witness. :biggrin:

Yes, induct Al, NOW!
Egg Land Fondue?
almost al!
Die-hard Fan

Post by almost al! »

QUOTE That would rock (no pun intended)!

or, as some people on this forum like to say, THat would polka!
YankovicGretzky
Occasional

Post by YankovicGretzky »

The 2004 Inductees into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame are:

George Harrison
Jackson Browne
Bob Seger
Prince

The Dells
Traffic
ZZ Top

Check it out

http://www.rockhall.com
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Really, though. Which doesn't fit into the group: George Harrison, Jackson Browne, ZZ Top, and "Weird Al" Yankovic?

Maybe if he started going by The Artist Formally Known as Weird Al :P
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

YankovicGretzky @ Jan 25 2004, 03:04 PM wrote: The 2004 Inductees into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame are:

George Harrison
Jackson Browne
Bob Seger
Prince

The Dells
Traffic
ZZ Top

Check it out

http://www.rockhall.com
1) Who are the Dells? If they're going in, so should Al.

2) I imagine lots of people here are mad that Prince is being inducted.

3) Is Toni Basil in the Hall? I went there a couple years ago and only remember her in the One Hit Wonders Exhibit.

4) I think Cream is in the Hall already, and weren't they only together for two years? The amount of time performing seems to be no barrier.

5) I'm a Van Halen fan and don't appreciate you saying they shouldn't go in (at least that's what your quotes have led me to believe). :( And since this is an Al forum , I thought the only artists you can make fun of are Prince, Coolio and Eminem.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;