Make The Rock Hall Weird!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

That's great, CD! Jay's assistance will be in

*gust of wind catches balloon*

vaaaaaAL-uuuuuu-abllllllllle
YankovicGretzky
Occasional

Post by YankovicGretzky »

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

We have a RRHOF Topic... *goes to find it to merge*
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

I think you're all missing the point here. If I got something in the mail that had 1000 signatures for me to post something about Britney Spears in my blog, that doesn't mean I'm going to do it.

I know how a lot of you take everything that is said literaly, so if you think I am comparing Al to Spears, please think again. What I'm saying is that you're going to have to give a reason for Al's induction. There is one particular reason that I think should be heavily noted:

Al is the best selling comedy artist of all time.

Now I haven't done too much research, but I'm willing to bet that the top selling artist of their respective genre are probably in a hall of fame somewhere. This fact ALONE should be a major help for Al's chances. Now I'm not saying that sales make an artist, but rather that the chances that a musical act could be at the top of a genre and get no recognition from an establishment whose sole purpose is to give recognition probably isn't that great.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Weird Alan, I dont think anyone here missed any point. We want to have people sign a petition to show how popular Al is, and that the fans want him there. anthontherun already said that there was a petition with 800 signatures that was sent to the R&RHOF to get George Harrison inducted. It may or may not have helped, but he was inducted. The petition is only part of what we're going to do. If you read this whole topic, then you'd know that Jay Levey is going to find out some more info on what else we can do to help get Al into the R&RHOF. I'm really hoping we can get him in. He deserves it.

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

algonacchick @ Apr 22 2004, 10:42 PM wrote: The petition is only part of what we're going to do.
Exactly, even though it seems the petition will be the meat of the whole campaign. If anyone has a problem with that, don't look at me. I would have preferred everyone sending individual letters of support, so that each person can give their personal reasons why they feel Al should go in, but according to the poll I've had up at All Things Yankovic for the last month, it looks very much like most people prefer the petition route.

So, we just have to make sure that the petition's letter is very heartfelt, very convincing, and kicks some major butt.

Don't forget, everyone, if you have an idea, please shout it out loud!
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdLA_8235
Regular
Location: USA ,Missouri(Branson/Kirbyville)...in the south/southwest bit of Missouri..sorta

Post by weirdLA_8235 »

Occasional

Group: Members
Member No.: 414

I think you're all missing the point here. If I got something in the mail that had 1000 signatures for me to post something about Britney Spears in my blog, that doesn't mean I'm going to do it.

I know how a lot of you take everything that is said literaly, so if you think I am comparing Al to Spears, please think again. What I'm saying is that you're going to have to give a reason for Al's induction. There is one particular reason that I think should be heavily noted:

Al is the best selling comedy artist of all time.

Now I haven't done too much research, but I'm willing to bet that the top selling artist of their respective genre are probably in a hall of fame somewhere. This fact ALONE should be a major help for Al's chances. Now I'm not saying that sales make an artist, but rather that the chances that a musical act could be at the top of a genre and get no recognition from an establishment whose sole purpose is to give recognition probably isn't that great.

Are you saying for us just to leave Al be or what?
I met at least two semi-famous people and i know they'd prefer privicay,but that isnt easy as they are famous and brought it on themselsves
and i know i'd stalk Al anwday :9~
But still,we shojuld at least offer our support!!!!!

WeirdLA(ura)_8235
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I don't think we missed the point at all. Like Patti and Catra said, it's only a part of the campaign to get Al in to that Rock Hall.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

All I'm saying is that petitions arn't really that much of a help for the most part. There are only isolated ocasions where they've ever done much of anything in regards to things like celebrities. If Al is going to get in, it would be better for people to express their opinion to the comitee via letter or whatnot, as opposed to just a big list of names. Not that a list of names wouldn't hurt, but there are far better ways to help Al's chances when dealing with fan support. Concentrate your efforts more is what I'm saying.

And George Harrison would have gotten into this Hall of Fame if he had never even released an album. Trust me.
YankovicGretzky
Occasional

Post by YankovicGretzky »

Don't forget about the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Weird Al needs to be inducted into that one too.