Make The Rock Hall Weird!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

Vikki: For instance, if we're able to get that table at the OC Fair where people who really want to hear about it approach US, after we hit them up for money for the Fund, while we're thanking them for their money (or time), we can say something like, "By the way, would you like to sign a petition to nominate Weird Al to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?  There's no money involved in this one--just a signature."

We hope to have a table there (thanks Squirrelygirl!) if we receive all the appropriate approvals (unless the application money is raised before then - hehe). Anyway, getting signatures there as well is a very good idea, Vikki.

Catra: If it is decided that we go the petition route, I have a feeling there would have to be "petition captains" for each concert. I've already been brewing up some ideas on how to make something like that work.

Great! Captains, mmhmm, downloadable petition forms each could print? I'll be curious to see what's decided after learning more.

So now we're looking for...

A R&R Historian? Possibly a Foundation member? Maybe a nominating committee person? A friend and supporter of Al...?

One or more of the above?

I was thinking maybe... Dick Clark? :)

Bobbi's suggestion of Dr. Demento is great! We know he's very knowledgeable and totally supports Al. And maybe he knows Dick Clark?

Also, for a phone number of the Foundation? If directory assistance doesn't help...IIRC the Foundation is in New York City? Well, wherever they are, if you have the name/address handy, try calling the City Hall Business License Department and see what they can tell you. Or sometimes online if you have a street address, you can google up a white pages reverse directory to get a phone number.

Hope that will help.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Cinnamon @ Mar 24 2004, 04:31 AM wrote: Great! Captains, mmhmm, downloadable petition forms each could print?

Exactly...something that can be easily Xeroxed into numerous copies.

I was thinking maybe... Dick Clark?  :)

My personal feelings on Dick Clark were soured after seeing him avoid questions in "Bowling for Columbine" (it's a long story; essentially Dick's restaurants were partners in the questionable "Welfare to Work" program), but I agree that it would be a coup to get him involved somehow, even if just as a voice of support.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but Dick is also a past inductee!
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

CatraDhtem @ Mar 24 2004, 06:47 PM wrote: My personal feelings on Dick Clark were soured after seeing him avoid questions in "Bowling for Columbine" (it's a long story; essentially Dick's restaurants were partners in the questionable "Welfare to Work" program), but I agree that it would be a coup to get him involved somehow, even if just as a voice of support.

I admittedly don't know anything about Dick Clark other than from seeing him on tv. And we know he's had at least a professional relationship with Al (and seems to like him?). Without knowing more, he appears to be someone who could really help, along with others already mentioned.

Anyway, I just did a quick google search and came up with possibly the name and phone of the Foundation's Executive Director. Wasn't sure it was appropriate to post here, so I PM'd it to you.

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes.

*picks up Toto, clicks heels and heads back home* :P
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Just a quick update that might have some relevance (and I may not make sense in my half-exhausted post-concert haze, just FYI).

I was able to talk to Jay Levey tonight after the concert. He was not only hip to the whole idea, but he also explained the reason he didn't originally write me back last year was because he himself wasn't sure what all needed to be done and was still looking up info. He asked me to e-mail him to remind him about it, and so it looks like we'll take it from there.

Boo-yah!

:Y
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Very cool, CD. Can't wait to know all the info for it.

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Boo yah, indeed!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

:bigups:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdstef